Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Merging units problem/ or not

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Merging units problem/ or not Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Merging units problem/ or not - 6/17/2008 9:18:01 AM   
belouski

I have 3 infantry units being repaired in Jackson MS. I read section 11.6 of the manual and clicked (right and left-clicked) on the infantry icon and the number 3 below it. I don't get the message asking if I want to merge or disband. I get nothing. I also have 3 in Meridian MS and same situation.

I even tried the same on the MS production screen, where 6 infantry units were being repaired. Same results, or lack thereof.

I would greatly appreciate any insight.
<edit>
I shouldn't play so late at night. I have the computer managing my production and that likely precludes me from handling production in any way.

A neat option would be to have the AI manage production, but to allow the player to muck around as well.

< Message edited by belouski -- 6/17/2008 10:41:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Merging units problem/ or not - 6/17/2008 5:27:03 PM   
rjh1971

Playing against the ai you can change the setting at any time, or so I recall, go to the options menu and click on manual production.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to belouski)
Post #: 2
RE: Merging units problem/ or not - 6/18/2008 11:16:11 AM   
belouski

I tried switching off the AI for production, and then combining units, but it didn't work. I didn't bother to check, but maybe the CSA AI is scripted to combine units already?

I ended up victorious, so it was no more than a minor handicap.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 3
RE: Merging units problem/ or not - 6/18/2008 1:31:45 PM   
rjh1971

You've got to have at least two or more (always an even number) infantry units in a factory, then right click on them and they will dissapear, one is placed on the map the other you lose but recover its puplation cost. I only merge units when I don't have enough population and need the infantry badly otherwise I put the production on hold for the next turn when I'd have more population.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to belouski)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Merging units problem/ or not Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI