Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

multiple sieges and other things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> multiple sieges and other things Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
multiple sieges and other things - 6/19/2008 8:18:08 PM   
gukan

It's not a great problem but it happens to me twice.

When I have to sieges running if the second one finish i have another try in the first siege in the same siege phase (and after this disastrous explanation let's show a pic )

First the siege on Ft. Moultrie, then Lynchburg fall and another attack on Ft. Moultrie

The other are about saving during a battle. After resuming the battle and finishig it, the report didn'd show up.

Finally a question: when a splited unit surrenders, will the splited unit disapear completly or will lose a half of the men?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: multiple sieges and other things - 6/19/2008 9:49:45 PM   
Gil R.

It's designed that way. When FOF was first released, we had sieges take place near the beginning of the "movement phase," which meant that if you sent an army to relieve a besieged city the siege would often end before your army got there that turn. So, sieges were "broken up" so that half of the damage happens at the beginning and the other half near the end of the movement phase, giving an army a chance to get there in time. This makes for a much better game. But it also makes for confusing Event Reports, since you end up seeing both phases.

Eric, perhaps you might put "(Week 1)" and "(Week 2)" into the first line of each half-siege report, so that it's clear?

(in reply to gukan)
Post #: 2
RE: multiple sieges and other things - 6/20/2008 10:27:16 AM   
gukan

Yes, but in this case both damages to Ft.Moultrie happened before the movement phase, at the first siege phase. If they didn't surrender on this second damage phase i would have a third (i will re-run the turn and set the siege order to entrench to slow down it).

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: multiple sieges and other things - 6/20/2008 7:25:27 PM   
gukan

Here it is

the first image with a siege first in Charleston, then in Lynchburg (they surrender) and another time in Charleston

the second image, after movement phase with the 3th siege in Charleston.

(in reply to gukan)
Post #: 4
RE: multiple sieges and other things - 6/21/2008 12:52:40 AM   
ericbabe

That's interesting.  I have a theory about what may be causing that.

(in reply to gukan)
Post #: 5
RE: multiple sieges and other things - 6/21/2008 1:34:26 AM   
Gil R.

I'm working on a joke about how Charleston Chews always take longer to eat than other candy bars. Give me another day and I should have it phrased just right.

Gukan, now I see what you mean. I thought you were a new player getting confused by the report, but that's obviously not the case.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> multiple sieges and other things Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI