Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question about scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> A question about scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question about scenarios - 6/20/2008 8:56:37 PM   
Alexander Seil

I'm a longtime CoW player and have a considerable archive of user-made scenarios. I know that some were converted for TOAW III, but which ones? If there's a list out there somewhere, I would appreciate if someone gave me a link :D

I'm particular interested in the enormous Goetterdaemmerung 1944 scenario (you know, the one with almost every obscure late-war Axis unit imaginable on the map).

< Message edited by Alexander Seil -- 6/20/2008 8:57:48 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A question about scenarios - 6/20/2008 11:52:23 PM   
Richrd

You know, thats exactly the question that brought me to this forum, whether or not I could install that scenario into the TOAW III scenario folder from a backup disc. It's not been re-released, to my knowledge, nor have any other D. McBride scenarios. I'd also like to know if anyone has updated that scen.

Richrd

(in reply to Alexander Seil)
Post #: 2
RE: A question about scenarios - 6/21/2008 12:01:42 AM   
Richrd

I just installed the COW version from disk and opened it in the editor. It seems ok, like it's going to run automatically.

Richrd

(in reply to Richrd)
Post #: 3
RE: A question about scenarios - 6/21/2008 12:40:11 AM   
Alexander Seil

I don't think it was a McBride scenario, though (never liked them, to me user-enforced house rules are a big no). But yeah, good thing I kept the archive on my old PC I suppose.

I think the scenario was not "balanced" for whatever quirks CoW had to begin with, so all the OOBs are probably done to maximum accuracy, so I'm assuming it won't be screwed over by TOAWIII anymore than any other scenario designed strictly from historical OOBs.

BTW, if I buy TOAWIII, would you mind a PBEM game of Goetterdaemmerung? Although I'm sort of broke ATM, so it might have to wait a little bit (unless you still have CoW :D).

< Message edited by Alexander Seil -- 6/21/2008 12:41:21 AM >

(in reply to Richrd)
Post #: 4
RE: A question about scenarios - 6/21/2008 5:58:31 AM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alexander Seil

I'm a longtime CoW player and have a considerable archive of user-made scenarios. I know that some were converted for TOAW III, but which ones? If there's a list out there somewhere, I would appreciate if someone gave me a link :D

I'm particular interested in the enormous Goetterdaemmerung 1944 scenario (you know, the one with almost every obscure late-war Axis unit imaginable on the map).

Rugged Defense is the place for scenarios

http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenarii/main_scenario.php

If you mean Gotterdammerung, and not Gotterdammerung Im Osten by Daniel McBride, I modded it for TOAWIII and it's available on RD

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to Alexander Seil)
Post #: 5
RE: A question about scenarios - 6/21/2008 9:22:38 AM   
Alexander Seil

Indeed, I meant THAT one. Thank you very much 

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> A question about scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI