Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Tech Support >> Game Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Crash - 6/21/2008 8:49:10 PM   
mmoore327

I'm playing my first game (Union AI, Me as Confed) and I can't get past the first turn without crashing...

I've completed the Confed movement phase, and trying to finish production phase but game keeps crashing (Vista reports "War between the states has stopped working") and then game terminates. I have a save game that is very repeatable (although I haven't found a specific sequence that makes it happen on the same click each time)

Basically go into production, setup production with a mix of units (factories, artillery, supplies, etc...) and it will either crash while you are doing this, or crash when you leave to see another screen (appears to happen most often when leaving the productions screen - e.g. examine map to see location of regions, or even once when I thought I made it through and clicked on the save button).

I haven't been able to get past this phase yet.

Machine is new and system resources shouldn't be a problem (Vista Home Premium, 4 GB ram, Duo Core @ 3 Ghz, and 1 TB harddrive).

If interested let me know who to send save game to...
Post #: 1
RE: Game Crash - 6/21/2008 9:00:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please post a DxDiag file for us (instructions at the top of this forum).

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Crash - 6/21/2008 9:43:42 PM   
mmoore327

dxdiag file attached...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Crash - 6/21/2008 10:11:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Your drivers are fairly recent, you should still check for newer ones though and especially for your video as Vista drivers are pretty buggy.

I would suggest also trying the Compatibility settings by creating a shortcut directly to the wbts.exe file and right clicking to get its properties, then try the XP Compatbility setting and others (shouldn't be necessary, but worth a try).

WBTS runs fine on a lot of Vista systems, including all that we tested on, so there is likely something system specific here in terms of a driver issue or another piece of software interfering.

You may also want to e-mail Joel for a debug version to see if we can capture some info on your crash.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1837665

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 4
RE: Game Crash - 6/22/2008 1:10:03 AM   
Joel Billings

I just responded to your email and sent you the two debug versions we have. Since you can repeat the crash, I'm very interested to see what comes out of your using the debug version.

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Tech Support >> Game Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI