Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/20/2008 6:57:04 PM   
rich12545

Be able to change zoom levels by rotating the mouse wheel. This is becoming standard with new games coming out and is really very nice. It should be pretty easy since toaw included it in the latest patch and that is also a remake of an old game. If they can do it, there's no reason it can't be done here. If you folks don't know how, I'm sure they'll tell you at toaw if you ask them.
Post #: 1
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/20/2008 7:01:20 PM   
junk2drive

That would be a nice addition.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 2
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/20/2008 7:25:06 PM   
willy g

I agree this would be great, I think that if you click the mouse wheel, it will change between move and fire mode, nice quick way without keeping my finger on the control key all game.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/21/2008 2:17:55 AM   
Lesbaker

I'm not sure I agree, I quite like having to use the key board to change views or modes during the game it's much more deliberate; I find with a lot of the newer games I am forever having to continualy move the mouse wheel back and forwards or keep pressing the multitude of buttons on the mouse just to get back to where I was before I pressed the wrong button in the first place! But this could just be an AGE thing!

(in reply to willy g)
Post #: 4
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/21/2008 3:27:53 AM   
rich12545

I doubt if it's an age thing.  lol.  You can't be much if any older than me.  But of course this would be in addition to and not instead of.  I have this on a couple other games besides toaw and it's great.  Very easy to use and saves a lot of hand moving back and forth.

(in reply to Lesbaker)
Post #: 5
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/21/2008 10:29:34 AM   
Geomitrak

I'd like to see the mousewheel facility too. It would be great to be able to zoom in and out while you are moving units with the mouse, in order to get a bigger picture of where they are heading and what they are likely to meet. Obviously, you can do this with the keyboard, but using the mousewheel would free your other hand up for things like F2 and U.

It'd certainly be nice to have if possible.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 6
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/21/2008 2:39:37 PM   
Erik2

I'd like more of the Units meny items available as icon shortcuts on the bottom of the screen, especially all the engineer options.
Damage wall or bridge
Build hexside bridge
Lay vehicle bridge
Lay mine field
Build a barrier

And a keyboard shortcut for assigning artillery.

erik

(in reply to Geomitrak)
Post #: 7
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/22/2008 6:39:31 AM   
gre81

I vote for new 2d counters and an extra zoom level

(in reply to Erik2)
Post #: 8
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/22/2008 7:10:56 AM   
R.E.LEE

I totaly agree with the mouse idea,what a pain in the butt,the way it is now cause i change view alot.also mabey game already has this but is there an easy way to find units,say i want an engiener,rite now im having to check every unit on the map,is there an easier way thanks alot.Oh also when you have a truck how do you know what unit is in the truck does it say this somewhere,sorry im not a veteran JTCS player.
LOL i read the manual,all i needed to know was there.

< Message edited by R.E.LEE -- 6/22/2008 3:30:05 PM >

(in reply to gre81)
Post #: 9
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/22/2008 1:16:44 PM   
Big Ivan

Jason

Some suggestions for future updates:

1.) Range indication during scenario setup.
2.) Better setup for random scenarios. That is if the scenario is a bridgehead, random computer setup should be a bridgehead around a river! If scenario is a pocket breakout then there should be a pocket. If scenario is a static line then there should be a well defined MLR. If scenario is a meeting engagement add some on board forces too. The whole random scenario thing ties to DCG scenarios so you would have a better battle flair and more realism in DCG scenarios.
3.) Russian leaders represented in Russian nomenclature. That is a colonel would actually be a polkovnik etc.
4.) Need ability to target artillery for the start of a scenario. The player moving first can only target for second turn as it sits now. Speaking of artillery how about rolling barrage capability and heavy bombardment capability.
5.) Percent chance of causing rubble during a scenario in a suburb, city or industrial hex.
6.) Capturing vehicles in a scenario.

So far excellent work by you and the Matrix team! Keep it going!
Cheers!
Big Ivan

(in reply to R.E.LEE)
Post #: 10
RE: Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch - 6/23/2008 7:13:49 PM   
simpatico

I don't agree with every suggestion here but would like to have a keyboard shortcut for Fast Human Player as I use that option a lot.  Mouse scroll button for zoom in\out would be nice also.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Excellent Suggestion for the Next Patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI