Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Encyclopedia Descriptions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Encyclopedia Descriptions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Encyclopedia Descriptions - 4/2/2002 5:39:25 AM   
macjimbooth

Where can I find details regarding the stuff the encyclopedia.

ACC KILL PEN APCR Survivability rate of fire???

What do these mean?:confused:
Post #: 1
- 4/2/2002 6:14:59 AM   
TotenkopfZZ

I dont remember where I got this info, perhaps the manual??

ACC refers to the range in hexes at which the unit has at least a 50% chance to hit or greater based on the weapon that is its main gun. Anything over this range will have less base chance of success. In the OOB editor this number can be found under the weapons tab and is x4 the amount shown in the encyclopedia.

KILL is the HE kill factor of the weapon's ordnance. Not sure about anything here other than the greater the number the deadlier the round is. Each troop hit by the weapon makes a roll to see if it takes casualties..the bigger this number the greater the effect on this roll.

PEN this is the total armor thickness that a round of AP should be able to penetrate at 10 hexes. There are many factors that can effect this, but generally you want this number to be higher then what a likely opponant might field. For instance: PEN of 135 beats armor of 100 at ten hexes or less. There is also PEN HE, PEN HEAT and PEN APCR which refers to the same thing but for different types of rounds.

APCR are the Sabot rounds which have higher PEN rates generally but diminishes greatly over range.

Survivability is the ability to withstand hits and the likely hood of the crew surviving destruction of the unit. 3 is about average and 6 is exceptional survivability.

ROF Rate of Fire...or the number of shots the unit gets per turn.

Hope that helps....I will have to check the manual but I am sure this is all in there.

(in reply to macjimbooth)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2002 8:14:28 AM   
Goblin

I think PEN might be its max penetration at range one, not ten. The rest looks correct. As a side note, most, if not all, APCR rounds in WW2 were made of tungsten, or so I've been told.

Goblin

(in reply to macjimbooth)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Encyclopedia Descriptions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI