Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW Lost Victories Problems....again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> SPWAW Lost Victories Problems....again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW Lost Victories Problems....again - 3/31/2002 7:47:37 AM   
Lazaruslong

This is a great game but I have had nothing but problems with it and it is really starting to annoy me. I have installed the 7.1 SPWAW patch and pasted the new Lost Victories patch into the LV file but when I get to the Wittman mode of the game and try to restart it it says 'invalid data' and will not progress. it also means that with the dumb save game options I have to restart the whole game.

I realise that the original game is free but I paid for a working campaign and the problem is IT WILL NOT WORK.

This is crazy...
Post #: 1
- 3/31/2002 10:06:53 PM   
Supervisor

After applying patches did you start LV from scratch or pick up from an old save? It was advised to all that after applying the patches the Mega should be started over due to the changes in the .dat files and game engine along with new OOB's to avoid such a problem. Please let me know if you did this.

(in reply to Lazaruslong)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2002 1:47:25 AM   
Lazaruslong

I had initially thought from the info that it was individual saved games that could not be continued but I started my campaign again with a glad heart until I got to game 3 when I again had problems loading data and the game would not start......

I just pasted the patch for LV into the LV file because I could not find an exe file is this the problem?

LL

Post #: 3
- 4/2/2002 2:50:08 AM   
Supervisor

Double check the dates on the files in the Lost Victories folder and make sure they mostly have new dates of 03/xx/02. Some files didn't get updated so don't be alarmed if you see some old ones and you should have 1,935 files in the folder after applying the patch. Your main SPWAW game shows 7.1 when its started correct.

Post #: 4
- 4/2/2002 11:31:53 AM   
Lazaruslong

I am on 7.1 and it shows on startup although I seem to have 1937 files in the folder.

I appreciate your help.

LL

Post #: 5
- 4/2/2002 11:39:50 AM   
Supervisor

Have you deleted the steel.prf file in the MatrixGames\SPWAW\save folder since you upgraded to ver 7.1? If not try it, the game will recreate it when you adjust something in the preference screen. Have you installed the updated LV sound patch? What was the last full version you installed, also try turning of all you sounds within the game to try and rule out sound card issues, lastly try running the game directly from the mech.exe file this bypasses the autorun menu. If you have tried these already my apologies, I try to help some many and lose track sometimes.

Post #: 6
- 4/2/2002 9:05:04 PM   
Paul Vebber

and let me just publically thank you again for your diligence at helping folks out! ITs been a real life (and marraiage) saver to have you around!

Thanks again!!!

(SP:WaW Golden rule - ALWAYS delte the steel.prf in the save folder if you manually update mech.exe...)

Post #: 7
- 4/2/2002 10:18:43 PM   
Supervisor

No problem Paul, I do what I can and if I don't know, I know who and where to look for the right answers. I keep the manual close at hand and the fixes within the updates and some crib notes from the board. I'm in the process of building new computer so I can hopefully help and be more involved with CL. SPWAW will still have a large following after CL, look at how many of us still play the original SP series, it's here to stay.

Post #: 8
- 4/2/2002 10:23:49 PM   
Supervisor

Lazarus: are you getting an "invalid data" or possibly and 'invaild oob data' my thinking is that maybe in the 7.1 upgrade the oob updates might not of been updated properly.
P.S. I've got the LV designers double checking the .dat file for any issues that might be contibuting to you problem. Unfortuantely at this time yours seems to be the only issue after the LV patch, which is why I think something didn't take within one of the updates.

Post #: 9
Proper looking directory tree - 4/2/2002 10:35:17 PM   
Supervisor

Here is a file of what a proper looking directory tree should look like for SPWAW, this will help you determine if you have what we call nested directories in which some important files may have been placed their accidently.

Post #: 10
- 4/3/2002 1:57:52 AM   
chief

Gmen: First let me say I appreciate your directory tree, I noticed you carry an OOB sub directory/file just ahead of the Pic file. It was my understanding (from previous posts) that this is an Unecessary file and that the OOB's that are under the main SPWaW are all that is required. If not correct please advise. I far as I can tell without that file MCNA works OK and I have not tried MCLV as yet. RESP...chief:D ;) :) :D :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 11
- 4/3/2002 2:07:42 AM   
Supervisor

Chief; yes that directory is unnecessary as it only contains text files of OOB fixes in the past. I just keep it around because it was part of the installation of SPWAW.

Post #: 12
- 4/3/2002 4:30:38 AM   
chief

Thank you Gmenfan now I can go to war in peace..........:D :D :D :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 13
- 4/3/2002 6:07:22 AM   
Supervisor

Sorry for the interuption I induced into your pacemaker.LOL:)

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> SPWAW Lost Victories Problems....again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI