Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Release date, please.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Release date, please. Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Release date, please. - 7/4/2008 4:38:25 PM   
Executioner Five

Sarge, I know you can't say things on your own...but how about contacting whoever you have to at Matrix to give us SOME idea of a release date? Maybe, like, a month? Or a quarter? I mean jeez this is ridiculous.

At this point we have no reason to believe this game will ever see the light of day.

[size=8}ITMFA
Post #: 1
RE: Release date, please. - 7/4/2008 8:25:58 PM   
Hard Sarge

now you know why, I keep saying I can't give any idea of what is planned

I know work has started on the Manual, and I see that the box top is showing on the home page, so I would guess that it is not totally dead in the water

for me, I would to be sure the AI works as planned, there is a lot more of the game now that is either player controlled or AI controlled, where before it was coded and abstract

I would really hate to think that the money spent on reseach and time spent doing the work, was all for a fancy April Fools joke, not to mention the money for art and the Manual

when I know and can say something, I will be posting all over the place that I got something I can say

(heck, I would put it in as part of my banner !!!!)

(in reply to Executioner Five)
Post #: 2
RE: Release date, please. - 7/8/2008 10:23:09 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

I know work has started on the Manual, and I see that the box top is showing on the home page, so I would guess that it is not totally dead in the water

Does this mean that the manual will be completed before the game is finished? The most common criticism of manuals is that they are inaccurate because they are written so far in advance of the final coding that too many changes to code are implemented after the manual was written.

It seems to me that the original BOB/BTR manuals can serve as drafts and there is no need to write up the new manual until the game code is more or less locked in.

Alfred

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Release date, please. - 7/8/2008 11:19:51 AM   
Hard Sarge

hmmmm, this is a catch 22, can't say too much and can't say too little

but over all, the Manuel (hate that word) takes a while to get done, when a game is getting close, you need to get started on it, it may be strange to think on, but that also needs to be tested, I know in some of the betas I have done, that the Manuel is a major deal to test and correct and rephase

in GGWBTS, they were able to do a vid tutal for the game, very nice, I wish we could do something like that, but, I not rich, and, in the long run, you guys think trying to follow what I am trying to type is bad, could you see trying to follow what I am trying to say would be like, even if I wasn't nervous and stuttering

(and just in case, that one has a very nice manuel, I just got my copy yesterday)
(yea,yea I know, I am just a srill for GG, but it is a very good game, I know, I helped)

but back to the point, which is, I forget

if, everything works right, no, it should be after, I am very much hopeing that we are waiting on them and not them waiting on us, I have givin a ruff draft to the writer, he has the old ones and will see what he can do about adding my stuff to the old stuff and making it look like new stuff, and then we got all the tables, or stats and stuff like that

I would very much like to add some side info into the manuel, stuff like we were able to add some things (glad I didn't say stuff ?) that makes some planes better at different alts, then others, or at lower alts and whatnot, but if you not a HARD core plane buff, you wouldn't know one from the other, I would like to add that to the stats, liek, P-40/Kittyhawk, you want to keep under 18 K, depending on model 15 K, Bf 109H made for very high Alt work (if you want to make it) Spitfire V.B LF, best at low alt, Spitfire IX HF best at high alt and so on and so on

(of course, some planes, even at the worse, can be as good or better then other planes, but still some are set up to be good at different Alts)

you know, you shouldn't ask me to explain things, as I tend to make it even HARDer to understand by the time I get done

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: Release date, please. - 7/8/2008 11:21:51 AM   
Hard Sarge

LOL and just in case, when we started this, everybody was worried that it would be me doing the writing for the Manual

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Release date, please. - 7/8/2008 8:24:49 PM   
sauro brusch

OK Boss No news on Western Front

Post #: 6
RE: Release date, please. - 7/8/2008 9:51:02 PM   
Hard Sarge

oh, there is news, but I am just here to make sure nobody understands what it is, part of the job and all

oh wait, I don't work for those guys anymore

when I get something I can talk about, with more detail on timeing and what not, I will very much try to let you all know, most of you guys have been a very big help in everything we are trying to do

(in reply to sauro brusch)
Post #: 7
RE: Release date, please. - 7/9/2008 6:57:20 AM   
EagleMountainDK

Ok, Hard Sarge, you are doing a great job.....since I'm really confused  

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 8
RE: Release date, please. - 7/9/2008 2:33:34 PM   
joey

I think he said we are somewhat, possibly, maybe, near being somewhat remotely close to having a partial game sometime in the future. Did I get it right?

(in reply to EagleMountainDK)
Post #: 9
RE: Release date, please. - 7/9/2008 4:29:11 PM   
Akmatov

Joey, I think you described it perfectly.

And the idea of Hard Sarge writing the Manual is scary.

And I would hope we get some info on things like some aircraft are optimized for certain altitudes.  It REALLY needs to be included.  For example, one might know that the Uber-Ta 425/P12 was in real life optimized to operate at 50,000', but unless they tell us what they coded we have no way of knowing if they coded it that way, or perhaps their referance dopped a digit and they opptimized it for 5,000'.  Really important to share.

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 10
RE: Release date, please. - 7/9/2008 4:42:08 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akmatov

Joey, I think you described it perfectly.

And the idea of Hard Sarge writing the Manual is scary.

And I would hope we get some info on things like some aircraft are optimized for certain altitudes. It REALLY needs to be included. For example, one might know that the Uber-Ta 425/P12 Sheee, I was trying to save that one for a surprise was in real life optimized to operate at 50,000', but unless they tell us what they coded we have no way of knowing if they coded it that way, or perhaps their referance dopped a digit and they opptimized it for 5,000'. Really important to share.

(in reply to Akmatov)
Post #: 11
RE: Release date, please. - 7/9/2008 4:44:29 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: joey

I think he said we are somewhat, possibly, maybe, near being somewhat remotely close to having a partial game sometime in the future. Did I get it right?

no, I think we really got a full game, two of them in fact, I just can't say when it will be ready for release, but by using a lot of HARDSargeism's (as some of the other beta forums like to call my statements) I am just trying to confuse and confound everyone into thinking what they most what to be thinking about, which, of course, I am sure, is not some game

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 12
RE: Release date, please. - 7/9/2008 6:34:17 PM   
Rebel Yell

The thing to keep in mind here, is that no matter where you go, there you are...

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 13
RE: Release date, please. - 7/10/2008 3:53:33 AM   
joey

quote:

quote:

no, I think we really got a full game, two of them in fact, I just can't say when it will be ready for release, but by using a lot of HARDSargeism's (as some of the other beta forums like to call my statements) I am just trying to confuse and confound everyone into thinking what they most what to be thinking about, which, of course, I am sure, is not some game

It has worked!! I am confused and confounded! Is this in English? Have you considered politics? You used to write for a fromer president haven't you? I recognize your work.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 14
RE: Release date, please. - 7/10/2008 9:23:33 AM   
von Shagmeister

quote:

It has worked!! I am confused and confounded! Is this in English? Have you considered politics? You used to write for a fromer president haven't you? I recognize your work.

Are you sure he doesn't write for the present president, Bushism's are really Sargism's - explains alot.

Per Speculationem Impellor ad Intelligendum

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 15
RE: Release date, please. - 7/10/2008 10:04:20 AM   
Hard Sarge

hey wait a minute, Sargeism are interesting, and with in reason, do have a point, I can't say the same for the other ism

(in reply to von Shagmeister)
Post #: 16
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 4:57:04 AM   
joey

quote:

hey wait a minute, Sargeism are interesting, and with in reason, do have a point

They are?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 17
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 11:14:04 AM   
Hard Sarge

sure, you just got to be able to understand them to see it

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 18
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 7:54:47 PM   
Executioner Five

Hard Sarge, you know what?

Some of us don't find this situation funny.  Some of us might have thought that you might get off your ass and make a phone call to Matrix asking them to let you release further info--or was this beyond your capabilities?

Take your game and stick it up your ass along with your sense of humor.

[size=8}ITMFA

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 19
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 8:38:32 PM   
Rebel Yell

Ouch, well, thanks for playing.  Tell him what's he's won, Johnny!

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

Post #: 20
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 9:29:21 PM   
vils

don't expect this title to survive a release-date..

Id say this game will never happen...

*rip*

Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle

(in reply to Rebel Yell)
Post #: 21
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 9:48:03 PM   
Hard Sarge

Guys, what do you want me to say ? I don't know, there is nobody at Matrix that can tell me when, or when to say it will be ready, when they don't know when it will be ready anymore then I do

I got a work timetable that I am trying to hold to, I got job lists set up for what needs to be done and in what order
once those are done, then it is up to Matrix for what we can expect, reseach and inputting are really pretty easy, it is getting the programming to do what you have imputted that can be the HARD part

now you want to say I am lazy or stupid, well, I guess you just don't know me, those are two things nobody has ever called me (which got to admit, I have been called alot of other things in my day) but not lazy or stupid

I can't force you to like me, or to like what I say, or how I say it, but at least I do try to say something

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 22
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 10:26:58 PM   
joey

Don't take the above comments personalily. I think some folks are just getting a bit ansy. Maybe the summer heat or winter cold is getting to them. I understand you are doing your best to make this a memorible game. I know projects sometimes take a while to complete; I do them for a living. Just keep up the good work. J

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 23
RE: Release date, please. - 7/11/2008 11:54:15 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Executioner Five

Some of us don't find this situation funny.  Some of us might have thought that you might get off your ass and make a phone call to Matrix asking them to let you release further info--or was this beyond your capabilities?

He's answered your question over and over and over .... Just because you don't like his answer is no reason to become insulting. I personally prefer his "sense of humor" to ... well, never mind

Post #: 24
RE: Release date, please. - 7/12/2008 7:36:27 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Some of us don't find this situation funny. Some of us might have thought that you might get off your ass and make a phone call to Matrix asking them to let you release further info--or was this beyond your capabilities?

Ooooh. Someone's tired

Is it ready now?

Bigger boys stole my sig

Post #: 25
RE: Release date, please. - 7/12/2008 9:02:59 PM   
Denniss

I believe I previously asked this in one of the other "Release date please" threads but here I ask again:

What do you guys like? An early release but still suffering from bugs or a later release with bugs fixed and improved gameplay/features ? My choice would be the latter one.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 26
RE: Release date, please. - 7/12/2008 9:36:46 PM   
joey

I am in favor of improved features and fewer bugs.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 27
RE: Release date, please. - 7/13/2008 4:19:02 AM   
Reg

quote:

Totally and utterly uncalled for in my opinion!!!

Hard Sarge has been doing a great job keeping everyone informed that that progress is being made and is posting previews whenever he can. He can't be held accountable for a decision that is not his to make!! He's even doing a good job of dealing with the always sensitive topic of release date.

If you don't agree with that, just vote with your feet and don't buy the game. There is nothing to be gained by pointless insults to people doing the best they can and embarrassing the rest of us who would never dream of being so insensitive.

I'm with the others, do it and do it properly. It'll be worth the wait.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

Post #: 28
RE: Release date, please. - 7/14/2008 11:59:15 PM   
tblersch

quote:

oh, there is news, but I am just here to make sure nobody understands what it is, part of the job and all

oh wait, I don't work for those guys anymore

when I get something I can talk about, with more detail on timeing and what not, I will very much try to let you all know, most of you guys have been a very big help in everything we are trying to do

So do you admit confirming not denying the game is being released soon?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 29
RE: Release date, please. - 7/15/2008 1:31:18 AM   
harley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

I believe I previously asked this in one of the other "Release date please" threads but here I ask again:

What do you guys like? An early release but still suffering from bugs or a later release with bugs fixed and improved gameplay/features ? My choice would be the latter one.

I like the little green button next to the "buddy" icon. Someone else has made the list today. (Not you, Denniss!)

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Release date, please. Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI