Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Third Reich Forum has moved

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Third Reich Forum has moved Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Third Reich Forum has moved - 4/1/2002 2:41:56 AM   
Marcus Wendel

Just a quick note to let you know that the The Third Reich Forum hosted by myself and Michael Miller has moved to http://www.thirdreichforum.com

/Marcus

[URL=http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/] [IMG]http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/bilder/3rd-sig-banner.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]
Post #: 1
Hmmmm - 4/1/2002 9:47:18 PM   
hingram

Were you one in one of the AH General magazines playing 3rd Reich or am I thinking of someone else?

(in reply to Marcus Wendel)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2002 10:26:49 PM   
Mike Oshiki

Based on what I saw on that site, it ain't about the AH game...

Post #: 3
web site - 4/2/2002 11:11:14 PM   
mogami

Looks like it is really well put together. Contains alot of interesting topics. Too bad it seems to be infested with idiot Nazi want-a-bes. Some of the posts I read would make the Matrix 'Art of Wargaming' posters lose their lunch. (and we know what a tolerant reasoning bunch they are)

May I suggest just having a roll call of Nazis there, and then banning the whole lot. There is no sense trying to argue with them and their presence pollutes the whole forum and makes it impossible for sane people to vist it. (first and last time I ever publicly claim sanity) I will not hang out with anyone claiming to be the new Fuhrer.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 4
- 4/3/2002 10:16:06 AM   
Mike Oshiki

Amen!

Post #: 5
Re: web site - 4/3/2002 1:32:46 PM   
Mojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B]Looks like it is really well put together. Contains alot of interesting topics. Too bad it seems to be infested with idiot Nazi want-a-bes. Some of the posts I read would make the Matrix 'Art of Wargaming' posters lose their lunch. (and we know what a tolerant reasoning bunch they are)

May I suggest just having a roll call of Nazis there, and then banning the whole lot. There is no sense trying to argue with them and their presence pollutes the whole forum and makes it impossible for sane people to vist it. (first and last time I ever publicly claim sanity) I will not hang out with anyone claiming to be the new Fuhrer. [/B][/QUOTE]

Testify Mogami!

I admit I found the site somewhat puzzling. On the one hand they say no holocaust denying but then they argue about the validity of holocaust photos or events.

And I'm with you on the Art of Wargaming section.

Post #: 6
'Art of Wargaming' - 4/3/2002 1:43:45 PM   
mogami

The Matrix 'Art of Wargaming' forum is the acme of reason compared to what I read at 'Third Reich' I hope no Matrix link ever finds it's way to being posted there. AOW actually sometimes is very interesting or funny and even once every Blue Moon even consents to discussing war games.
A forum where the main pass time is giving JA*** and HEILS is just not my cup of tea. The Screen name a person chooses should be a reflection on them. (Mogami being a river that lent it's name to a IJN CA) I have no problem with Tigers/Panthers and such but cringe at 'Der Furher' 'Sonderkommando Furher' etc
It's a good place for them to stay. Persons who wish to discuss history or tactics or equiment or wargames will see the light and find a better place to pass their time. I have no doubt the poor webmaster there is pulling his hair out. I have seen nice pubs/bars ruined by the wrong crowd. And several of my favorite gaming sites no longer attract my presence after being overrun in a like manner. I'll go ballistic if it ever happens here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A sample (rather then post to many I have merely transcribed one into the many styles found there.

The scary almost coherent poster
"As for the issue of morality, this belongs more in the realm of theology than that of medicine. Hitler was an embittered but sensitive man who had suffered terrible disappointments in his early life; I would say that this background made him cynical and contemptuous of humanity as a whole. Having said that, there is no evidence that he was cruel on a personal basis, despite sentencing millions to death from the comfort of his office. I would consider Hitler as a religious figure, soemone who felt he needed to issue terrible orders because of some higher purpose , rather than a man who was intentionally and sadistically cruel."

run of the mill moron
"As f' de issue of morality, dis belongs more in de realm of deology dan dat of medicine. Hitleh was an embittehid but sensitibe man who had suffehid tehriggle disappoitmins in his ear life; I wudd say dat dis background made him cynical 'n contemptuous of humanity as a whole. Habigg said dat, uh, dehe is no ebidess dat he was cruel on a pehsonal basis, duuhhhh, despite sentencigg millions t' dead from the, errr, comf't of his office. I wudd consideh Hitleh as a religious figer, soemone who felt he needid to issue tehriggle ordehs cuz of some higheh purpose , radeh dan a man who was intenshunal and sadistical cruel."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American Nazi
As fo' th' issue of mo'ality, this hyar belongs mo'e in th' realm of theology than thet of medicine. Hitler was an embittered but sensitive man who had suffered terrible disappointments in his early life; ah w'd say thet this hyar backgroun' made him cynical an' corntemppuous of hoominity as a whole. Havin' said thet, thar is no evidence thet he was cruel on a varmintal basis, despite sentencin' millions t'death fum th' comfo't of his office. ah w'd cornsider Hitler as a religious figger, soemone who felt he needed t'issue terrible o'ders on account o' of some higher purpose , rather than a man who was intenshunally an' sadistically cruel, ah reckon

Punk gibberish
as fro th eissue of mor4lity, this belnogs omre in teh r3Alm of tehology than that of medicinE, hIt7ar wqaz an embittar3d ubt sdensitiv ean who had sufferedd terrible dusappoinTm3nts in his e4rly lIfe;i would say that this b4X0rgorunfm ade him cynicAl and contemptuous 0f humanity az awHole.. HAVFING SAIOD THAT, TEHRE IS NO VEIDE|\|3 THAT HE WAS CRUEL ON A DEWDAL VBASUIS DeSPITE sENTENC1NG MLILI0NS TO DEATH FORM TREH COMFROT OF HIUSA OFFICE.. i w0uld consider ihtker Az a relig1ouz f1guree, soemone who felt he NeedEd to isdsue terrible rodars becuz of s0Me higher p;rupose , ratehr than a ma|\| who was 1ntentIonally and sadist1cally cruel~ I OWN JOO BECAIS3 UOU SUCK

god only knows
Asyay orfay ethay issueyay ofyay oralitymay, isthay elongsbay oremay inyay ethay ealmray ofyay eologythay anthay atthay ofyay edicinemay. Itlerhay asway anyay embitteredyay utbay ensitivesay anmay owhay adhay ufferedsay erribletay isappointmentsday inyay ishay earlyyay ifelay; Iyay ouldway aysay atthay isthay ackgroundbay ademay imhay ynicalcay andyay ontemptuouscay ofyay umanityhay asyay ayay olewhay. Avinghay aidsay atthay, erethay isyay onay evidenceyay atthay ehay asway uelcray onyay ayay ersonalpay asisbay, espiteday entencingsay illionsmay otay eathday omfray ethay omfortcay ofyay ishay officeyay. Iyay ouldway onsidercay Itlerhay asyay ayay eligiousray igurefay, oemonesay owhay eltfay ehay eedednay otay issueyay erribletay ordersyay ecausebay ofyay omesay igherhay urposepay , atherray anthay ayay anmay owhay asway intentionallyyay andyay adisticallysay uelcray

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Third Reich Forum has moved Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI