Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LCG Tunisia Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> LCG Tunisia Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LCG Tunisia Help - 7/8/2008 3:39:25 AM   
mmoore181

Hi all. I'm playing the LCG "10th Panzer in Tunisia" and am having difficulty with the Geboullat scenario. I made it through the first few with all major victories, but am now bogged down in Geboullat (getting my butt kicked).

The problem for me is that you only have 8 turns to get 300 VPs and not much to work with -- no artillery support, no Pz IVF2s. You're stuck with a couple companies of Pz IIIJs and one company of Pz IVEs, some motorcycle infantry and that's about it. The objectives aren't worth much either (5, 10, 20).

I'm getting killed by the GMCs that are peppered throughout the map. They hit, damage and disrupt all my tanks at a fairly long range, and there is only one officer on the board to raise morale. The GMCs are fairly thin-skinned and can be taken out, but there are lots of them and they are slowing me down.

Any strategic suggestions out there? I can't seem to get even close to a draw on this scenario, and unfortunately, anything less than a minor victory means campaign over.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: LCG Tunisia Help - 7/8/2008 7:07:58 PM   
marcbarker

Send Infantry to draw fire..you mahave to sacrifce a few grunts to have your armor move freely down range. Keep having the infantry draw fire until you think they expended their 2 shots. then move a IIIJ in harms way to draw fire from whats left. That will give the heavy boys the need room to take them at closer range.....just an idea

(in reply to mmoore181)
Post #: 2
RE: LCG Tunisia Help - 7/8/2008 10:53:57 PM   
Przemos19

I remeber this scenario, it was nightmare when I stoped that campaign. However, when I tried tunisian campaingn once more, I skipped this scenario somehow :D

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> LCG Tunisia Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI