Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice for Steel panther 3 Install ?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Advice for Steel panther 3 Install ?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice for Steel panther 3 Install ?! - 10/3/2000 9:40:00 AM   
NOVA350

I know this is a SPWAW forum, but I figured I would ask anyway.. Could anybody give some advice for installing SP3 on a WIN98se computer? I installed it, and ran it from windows, but there was no video. Sound worked OK, but no video. I looked for the VINSTALL program in the game directory, which is stated in the start up guide, but no Dice. I have an ATi Rage Fury Pro 32 mb, and when I first assembled my computer, I was able to play a few games in DOS, with no video problems. Any Advice? Sorry for an off topic post, I just thought someone might be able to help! :^)

Post #: 1
- 10/3/2000 10:42:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by NOVA350: I know this is a SPWAW forum, but I figured I would ask anyway.. Could anybody give some advice for installing SP3 on a WIN98se computer? I installed it, and ran it from windows, but there was no video. Sound worked OK, but no video. I looked for the VINSTALL program in the game directory, which is stated in the start up guide, but no Dice. I have an ATi Rage Fury Pro 32 mb, and when I first assembled my computer, I was able to play a few games in DOS, with no video problems. Any Advice? Sorry for an off topic post, I just thought someone might be able to help! :^)
Hi Nova350. I run SPIII on my computer 700Athlon Win98SE and Geforce256 32mgs with no problem. Maybe try to get the latest drivers for your video card. I run the game in windows. Right click on your short cut icon for SPIII and make sure the properties are set like this. Progam: Run Maximized Advance: Suggest MS-DOS MODE as necessery. MEMORY: All AUTO Check Protected box and check Use HMA box. Screen: Usage Full-screen on. Initial size default. Window all check mark in boxes. Performance: all check mark in boxes. Misc.: No screen saver no background Mouse leave blank Idle sensivity in the middle setting. Termination on. Other on. Windows shortcut keys all on. I hope this help you. When you are done you might want to check this site for the ultimate SPIII upgrade, It's very awesome upgrade for SPIII. http://members.xoom.com/Zipuli/Moderna.htm Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to NOVA350)
Post #: 2
- 10/3/2000 10:43:00 AM   
chief

Nova350: Just a stab in the dark... ...Did you leave your cd in drive? I believe you must do that to get sounds. Also check troubleshooting section of the card that came with disc and manual. Good Luck ------------------ Sm:):)th Sailing...chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to NOVA350)
Post #: 3
- 10/3/2000 11:04:00 AM   
NOVA350

Thanks for the advice guys! I am running pretty recent video card drivers, so I don't think that that is the problem (shouldn't all cards be VESA compliant?!). I will check the settings for the Dos stuff, and see what they are set to. I do leave the CD in the drive, so all's well there. In the install manual, it says something about VINSTALL- that is supposed to be the program that installs a generic driver for VESA video cards that aren't configured by the install, which I'm sure would work, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT! BTW- When I FINALLY got SPWAW running on my computer, (I believe that there may be a problem with the Mech.exe file on the PC Gamer CD- I downloaded one off a post from this site and it worked), I was finally able to see what all the fuss on this board was about. What a COOL Game! The replay value of this game is literally unbeatable- as long as scenarios keep coming out, the game stays new- what a GREAT concept! That's why I decided to get SP3. I just hope that I can get it running to.

(in reply to NOVA350)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Advice for Steel panther 3 Install ?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI