Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Bastards...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Russian Bastards... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Bastards... - 4/4/2002 3:59:08 AM   
Venger

I'm kicking their butt in a SPWAW campaign, so they decide to infiltrate to my HQ and Molotov my command vehicle. They immobilized it, but it's reparable. Took some intrepidity by the HQ unit to restore order...

Boy 7.1 really IS improved - the AI really takes the battle right to you!

Venger
P.S. This happened at 1:00 AM last night, I went to bed in the midst of an assault against the Russians at about 12:30 - if only I'd listened to the voice saying "1 more turn" then my lights would have all been on and the punks who did this would've skipped my house...

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
- 4/4/2002 4:12:13 AM   
Mojo

Man that really sucks a root. The car not that the ruskies firebombed your HQ:D

If something's not working you might want to tunk it a dite.
Mojo's Mom

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 2
- 4/4/2002 5:28:13 AM   
Venger

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mojo
[B]Man that really sucks a root. The car not that the ruskies firebombed your HQ:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh the Russians never got to my HQ in the game - I was sorta being creative and couching the description such that the Russians (whoever did this) came to my HQ (my house) and firebombed my command vehicle (my Pontiac Grand Prix GTP). I know we have alot of folks for whom English isn't native, so I guess it's subtlety can be missed...

Venger

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 3
- 4/4/2002 5:40:16 AM   
Mojo

Well I'm originally from the East coast so sublety is wasted on me:D

I guess youse could say English is a second language to me too

Still sucks about the ride though

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 4
- 4/4/2002 6:17:49 AM   
Fallschirmjager

LOL

I didnt know what the hell you were talking about till I saw that picture.

That sucks about your car...at least the vandels couldnt get their hands on a working IL-2...god only knows what would of happened.

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 5
- 4/4/2002 6:39:59 AM   
Mojo

Guess you should always keep a squad back near your HQ just in case huh?

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 6
- 4/4/2002 7:17:15 AM   
chief

I don't see nothing, I don't hear nothing, I was in bed the whole time.........In all seriousness sorry about the car, some people have a sick sense of humor..:( :mad:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 7
- 4/4/2002 7:36:38 AM   
tracer

Bummer about the car; hope the insurance covers it. Damned partisans ;)

Jim NSB

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 8
- 4/4/2002 7:44:24 AM   
Charles2222

Venger: Have a hint for you. If you reallt think the light being on would've made a difference, then why not leave it on? I have some plugins at home which I bought at one of those mega-hardware stores and you can plug a lamp into it and tell it what time to go on and off. I routinely close the door to my room and have the other rooms of the house with lights off and on at various times. I think like you, that it helps. If you really wanted to be a slickster, you might even get radical and get a recording unit with a loop feature where you could have it record you gaming or something else, where it would sound as though someone was awake too, assuming they'd bother to listen in.

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 9
- 4/4/2002 10:44:47 AM   
tracer

Last year a policeman here in town told me they caught some kids robbing a house; during questioning they said they had tried the house next door first but heard people inside. When the police checked with the owners of the first house they learned no one was home that day...then figured out that the voices the theives heard were their [I]parrots[/I] !

Jim NSB

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 10
Attack parrots - 4/4/2002 12:20:33 PM   
mogami

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracer
[B]Last year a policeman here in town told me they caught some kids robbing a house; during questioning they said they had tried the house next door first but heard people inside. When the police checked with the owners of the first house they learned no one was home that day...then figured out that the voices the theives heard were their [I]parrots[/I] ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi, This gives me an idea. Since parrots require less care and are much less likly to become involved in law suits then are Pitbulls. I think I will try training parrots to bark and growl and then market them. Or prehaps just record several hours of Pitbulls in a kennel and then sell the recording to be triggered by outside motion detectors.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 11
- 4/5/2002 2:21:32 AM   
hopej

Sorry about the car. My wife has one, she won't let me use it though. VERY fast and she has lead heals.

This wouldn't of helped you, but try leaving a radio on when your not home.

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 12
- 4/5/2002 4:12:06 AM   
nelmsm1

I keep one German guard around the HQ all the time. Her name is Dana and she is about 120 lbs. of the sweetest Rottweiller you'll ever find, until you mess with something you shouldn't. Because as she sees it, we all belong to her not the other way around. :D

(in reply to Venger)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Russian Bastards... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI