Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Academy gets a makeover!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Academy gets a makeover! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Academy gets a makeover! - 7/14/2008 9:29:18 PM   
Swamprat

The Academy over at the Depot has a crop of new courses and a special combat school for newbies to cut their teeth on.

The Academy has seen some changes over the last few months and I'm pleased to say that they are now complete. All player guides and How-To articles are now housed in our new Academy Student Resource Library which is open to everyone to make use of. You'll also find the new Academy courses here, which are also open for everyone to use.

For those who have never heard of the Academy, let me just say what we're about. We're an organisation, within the Depot, dedicated to teaching all aspects of SPWAW and helping players to improve their game.
Always wondered about trying your hand at PBEM but were not sure how to start? Then the Academy was designed especially for you (yes, you ). We have five specially made scenarios that take you through the stages of a game, teaching tactics and strategy along the way. Once completed you can then play a graduation game with an instructor, who will introduce you to the world of PBEM in the friendliest way possible.
Once you've done that, you might not want to stop there - and why would you? You'd want to get out and play PBEM. But of course you still might feel a little green and not ready to be stomped on by some hairy veteran (goblin )... well, hairy something anyway . That's why we created the Combat School, which is only for graduates. You'll get to play custom battles against other less experienced players, allowing you to build your skills up slowly. Included in this is a livefire game against an instructor, who will give you more advice then you may know what to do with .
Four wins later and you graduate from Combat School and are ready to take on the world. Well, some of it anyway.
Our instructors are all volunteers, SPWAW addicts like yourself, and they exist purely for the student's benefit.
And the cost of enrolling into this course? Nothing!
That's right, nothing, nada, zip. It's completely free and open to everyone. If you're interested in joining the Academy as a student, then you can sign up: Here.

If you're not the joining kind, then that's ok. The Academy is open for anyone to browse and make use of the resources.

The Depot Academy - for SPWAW fans everywhere (hell, we've even had some of our articles translated for our Polish sister site).

Have a good one.

Swamprat
Depot Academy Headmaster
www.spwaw.com

< Message edited by Swamprat -- 7/14/2008 9:32:51 PM >

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]
Post #: 1
RE: The Academy gets a makeover! - 7/15/2008 1:39:01 AM   
JEB Davis

Excellent and informative post, Swamprat
I was a student of the Academy back in it's earlier days and just have to second everything above. It is a great place to first improve your playing skills and then dip your feet into the waters of playing SP:WaW by email.
Swamprat, the other instructors, and myself will give any new students a warm and friendly welcome, answer all questions, and be supportive as you learn.

Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The Academy gets a makeover! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI