Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT: A sure sign of the end of times......

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 3:05:32 PM   
captskillet

Anhuser-Busch will no longer be American owned............... ..................Miller and Coors had already sold their souls to the Devil ! I guess its time to start drinking Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock or go south of the border and go with Tecate!!!!

The Link

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Post #: 1
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 3:17:40 PM   
Mr. Skullduggery

1) InBev brews Bass Ale, so they are not all bad.
2) Time to support your local micro brew. I prefer Schell's (Local Minnesota) and Fat Tire.

I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink.
- Admiral William Halsey

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 4:34:16 PM   
Terminus

Dudweiser isn't beer anyway, so it doesn't really count...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Mr. Skullduggery)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 5:14:27 PM   
admgrraven

I've never really been a fan of Bud anyway. Maybe In-Bev will improve it.
Being a German-American I've always loved the darker beers and ALE's anyway so the pee water that we Americans are used to could use some improvement.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 5:33:22 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Keep in mind that Bud is brewed in the American Midwest for people who have to survive summers there. I enjoy ales and stouts as well (in the Winter).., but when the temperature is still 90 degrees at midnight, the heavier brews are like drinking molassas. Ice cold Lager is just what the Doctor ordered.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 5:43:34 PM   
Brausepaul

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

I guess its time to start drinking Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock or go south of the border and go with Tecate...

Why don't you drink beer instead?

Post #: 6
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 7:13:36 PM   
mikemike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Keep in mind that Bud is brewed in the American Midwest for people who have to survive summers there. I enjoy ales and stouts as well (in the Winter).., but when the temperature is still 90 degrees at midnight, the heavier brews are like drinking molassas. Ice cold Lager is just what the Doctor ordered.

Against thirst, you might as well drink straight spring water instead of that watered-down swill "tasting just like real beer", and add a side order of straight vodka if you need the alcoholic kick. The beer alternative to U.S. lager wouldn't be ale/stout but a competently brewed Pilsener. Maybe now that the Belgians finally invaded the USA, you may get some of the real stuff.

BTW, that change of ownership should finally put an end to Anheuser-Busch claiming a world-exclusive right to the name of Budweiser; they even made a law suit trying to keep the brewery in Budvar, Czech republic (known as Budweis in Austrian times) from calling its product Budweiser.

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 7
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 7:44:51 PM   
ny59giants

Next thing you know, Coke and/or Pepsi will be bought out by the Chinese. 

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 8
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 8:22:54 PM   
Iridium

quote:

I prefer Blue Moon for that sort of drink. Aside from the usual Arrogant Bastard, Bass Ale, Guinness etc.

Yamato, IMO the best looking Battleship.

"Hey, a packet of googly eyes! I'm so taking these." Hank Venture

Post #: 9
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 8:26:33 PM   
Canoerebel

I don't know anything about how Budweiser tastes, but they sure do come up with some great commercials:

1)  Swedish Bikini Team
2)  I love you man...
3)  Real Men of Genius
4)  Magic Fridge
5)  Rubber Floor (with dog bouncing out door)
6)  Mud-wrestling babes
7)  Guys who "pretend" there's an elevator or stairs behind the couch.

Countless others.

(in reply to Iridium)
Post #: 10
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 8:55:19 PM   
bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

That's when you go for an India Pale Ale - those were developed by the Brits for the hotter climes...

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 11
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 9:22:23 PM   
thegreatwent

IPA's are fine but for me a good Hefeweizen with a citrus slice is perfect on a summers day.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 12
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 9:30:18 PM   
Sarganto

InBev has some good german beer brands like Becks and Franziskaner. So why not switch sides completely and go with these? ;)

empty signature fanboy

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 13
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 10:28:40 PM   
JWE

quote:

.... go south of the border and go with Tecate!!!!

Well, at least Tecate, or Corona or Pacifico tastes like something; window cleaner, donkey urine, transmission fluid, but at least something. Modello Negro ain’t bad if you’re in Mexico and only have a dollar.

Always thought there should be a qualitat mark on beer. Beer’s gotta have some hops & some malt & some barley & whatever. Top rising yeast, or bottom yeast.

Qualitatsbier Pilsen, oder Qualitatsbier Lager. If it ain’t either, it ain’t beer. It’s a cold, relatively tasteless, alcoholic, get your gf drunk kind of beverage.

Post #: 14
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/14/2008 11:58:24 PM   
Gem35

It really must be the end times, I can't find my Budweiser coolie!

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 15
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 12:55:34 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

Anhuser-Busch will no longer be American owned............... ..................Miller and Coors had already sold their souls to the Devil ! I guess its time to start drinking Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock or go south of the border and go with Tecate!!!!

The Link

But the jobs will stay here...and probably under better management.

Sam Adams is ok in a pinch. Personally, I tend to prefer microbrews like New Belgium and Breckenridge Brewery.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

Post #: 16
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 1:00:33 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brausepaul

quote:

I guess its time to start drinking Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock or go south of the border and go with Tecate...

Why don't you drink beer instead?

Yah. Nothin' like a nice Brazilian garota comin' at you with a great pair of jugs...

Attachment (1)

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 17
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 1:43:39 AM   
Sarganto

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE
Always thought there should be a qualitat mark on beer. Beer’s gotta have some hops & some malt & some barley & whatever. Top rising yeast, or bottom yeast.

Something like...this?

empty signature fanboy

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 18
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 3:10:48 AM   
Mynok

quote:

Maybe now that the Belgians finally invaded the USA, you may get some of the real stuff.

I have no problem getting good Belgian ales here.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Sarganto)
Post #: 19
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 5:41:29 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

Maybe now that the Belgians finally invaded the USA, you may get some of the real stuff.

I have no problem getting good Belgian ales here.

I don't know. I'm not saying Bud is a great beer, however, I've had some "top notch" Belgian ales that monumentally underwhelmed. Besides, InBev has no plans to actually change the Bud recipe.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 20
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 6:49:06 AM   
bradfordkay

One problem with getting the Belgian Trappist Ales over here in the US is that microbrews don't really travel all that well. They're still better than the mass produced horsep*ss, but they're substantially off their prime. My preference is generally to drink the local microbrews wherever I am. this strategy has rarely failed me.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 21
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 7:01:08 AM   
pasternakski

...and what's so wrong with a light, refreshing lager that quenches the thirst when iced down on a hot summer day?

People badmouth Spudweiser all the time, and I don't understand it. I guess maybe everybody always likes to throw cowdung at the big guy, but, come on. What do you want? Egg in your beer?

Shoot, I even used to drink copious quantities of Bud Light before I had to give up hittin' the schwiel altogether. I liked it.

I remember my son trying to get used to the idea that his old man, a white hoser descended from Dutch stock, liked women of African descent. Once, I got involved with a Chinese woman, and sonny boy was a little confused. He asked me about it.

I told him, "Son, even the greatest of wine tasters has to cleanse his palate once in awhile."

Yeah, the heavier tasting beers were a big part of my out-of-control habit, but I always subscribed to the Archie Bunker philosophy that, "You can't buy beer, you can only rent it."

And, brother, I rented my share. It couldn't all be designer brew.

[although this post shows as being in response to yours, Brad, it is just intended as general commentary - and maybe amusement at my expense. I'm not accusing you of being a hop-headed dilettante.]

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 7/15/2008 7:04:12 AM >

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 22
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 7:08:52 AM   
bradfordkay

Hey Past... it's not just mass produced american beer that I deplore. It's the mass produced stuff from all over (there was a particularly bad one in France - not Export 33, but it was in green bottles).

Believe me, I've drunk my share of american lagers (I've even drunk at least a couple of cases of Billy Beer!) - but since I decided to cut waaayyy back on drinking, I've decided that I'd rather drink the local stuff. Catch a little local flavor, so to speak...

i didn't take offense at your post, but did feel it best to explain better my recent foray into beer snobbery

< Message edited by bradfordkay -- 7/15/2008 7:10:37 AM >

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 23
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 7:20:32 AM   
06 Maestro

IBev drove the stock price of Budweiser up about 40% in its take-over effort. That amounts to many billions of dollars more for a company that only makes lousy beer. It is even more difficult to understand when they say they won't change anything.

Bud is not a bad beer. There are probably a hundred million people who love it. People who would spit out that flat, warm, bitter piss water that some other folks call beer-but I digress. Sure, Bud will go flat if you let it stand for an hour. If you can't drink it in a few minutes, you were not thirsty anyway.

One thing will change for sure, the cost of a beer. InBev spent $50,000,000,000 to take over Budweiser. They will certainly want to recover that as quickly as possible. With any major competition out of the way, they can now charge what they want-or closer to it. So, before anyone starts celebrating the demise of Bud, (which is not going away anyway), they need to take another look at their recreational drinking budget, and plan on spending more.

Post #: 24
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 7:39:17 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Hey Past... it's not just mass produced american beer that I deplore. It's the mass produced stuff from all over (there was a particularly bad one in France - not Export 33, but it was in green bottles).

Believe me, I've drunk my share of american lagers (I've even drunk at least a couple of cases of Billy Beer!) - but since I decided to cut waaayyy back on drinking, I've decided that I'd rather drink the local stuff. Catch a little local flavor, so to speak...

i didn't take offense at your post, but did feel it best to explain better my recent foray into beer snobbery

Aaaahh, pal, the worst I ever ran across was some stuff called Buckhorn. A friend of mine and I "liberated" a few gallons of herbicide from a roadside ditch spraying crew one time, and "sold" it to a farmer for a couple of cases of beer to be left out back of the local tavern.

When we went to pick it up, it was "Buckhorn." You talk about green beer? This stuff was so raw, it probably still had live weevils from the hop field swimming around in it. Ugh.

Yeah, if you can cut back, you probably want to enjoy the good stuff. Me, I could never do it. It was either be an unconscionable sauce hitter or give it up completely, for me.

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 25
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 7:41:38 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

IBev drove the stock price of Budweiser up about 40% in its take-over effort. That amounts to many billions of dollars more for a company that only makes lousy beer. It is even more difficult to understand when they say they won't change anything.

Bud is not a bad beer. There are probably a hundred million people who love it. People who would spit out that flat, warm, bitter piss water that some other folks call beer-but I digress. Sure, Bud will go flat if you let it stand for an hour. If you can't drink it in a few minutes, you were not thirsty anyway.

One thing will change for sure, the cost of a beer. InBev spent $50,000,000,000 to take over Budweiser. They will certainly want to recover that as quickly as possible. With any major competition out of the way, they can now charge what they want-or closer to it. So, before anyone starts celebrating the demise of Bud, (which is not going away anyway), they need to take another look at their recreational drinking budget, and plan on spending more.

Well, if I was still tippin' it, I'd tell 'em this. For 25 bucks a 30-pack, it's horse water. For 17 bucks, it's nectar of the gods...

Attachment (1)

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 26
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 12:06:02 PM   
captskillet

I have gone from 4.99 a case DIXIE/Falstaff in my college days to Heavy ales and everything in between.........its all about taste and as Pasternaski put it so well to me on a hot summer day on the lake nothings better than an ice cold Bud. Now as far as Micro brews Shiner Bock or Fat Tire gets me.............now if you just want a buzz then Micro brew whiskey (otherwise known as Harrison County Texas corn squeezins') is top on the list !!!!

PS.....Term.....you would know a good beer if it ran over you in a truck you young whipper snapper!!!!!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 27
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 12:44:23 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Skullduggery

1) InBev brews Bass Ale, so they are not all bad.
2) Time to support your local micro brew. I prefer Schell's (Local Minnesota) and Fat Tire.

I've been in Schell's brewery. Very old civil war era brick bldg in Mankato (IIRC?)Maybe New Ulm??..I thought they had sold out back in the early eighties..

(in reply to Mr. Skullduggery)
Post #: 28
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 12:48:01 PM   
Bogo Mil

Budweiser is a great beer. You just have to forget Anhuser-Bush and try the real one:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)

Post #: 29
RE: OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... - 7/15/2008 6:03:48 PM   
Przemcio231

Try Warka Strong this beer rocks

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to Bogo Mil)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> OT: A sure sign of the end of times...... Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI