Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I'm still not seeing a replay in email play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I'm still not seeing a replay in email play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I'm still not seeing a replay in email play - 10/3/2000 12:54:00 PM   
Scipio Africanus

On a 350 PII with 128 megs of RAM I still get no replay in email games with Version 4.1- version 2.3 worked fine in this regard so what happened? I seem to recall someone raving a months back that the replay was THE big advance over the old SP series. So, anybody, will this be fixed or no? Is this fixed in 4.2? In 4.3? Pictures are great, Oobs are great, Graphics are great, but 4.1 has less functionality than 2.3 when it comes to email. ------------------ Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus
Post #: 1
- 10/3/2000 7:06:00 PM   
Jackk

I hear you. I'm playing the Omaha scen and can only see replay of one exchange....sometimes. Some turns I will see 2 infantry units duke it out, other times I see nothing. But the result is there....bombed tanks and forts, sunk ships, tagged infantry, heavy suppression. Anyone know why this might be? I know with fast arty on you won't see the arty, but what about the rest of the turn? ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

(in reply to Scipio Africanus)
Post #: 2
- 10/3/2000 11:42:00 PM   
Fuerte

Oh boy, can it be? I just got one PBEM turn, and V does nothing, but I guess that it was only artillery which destroyed those units. I don't understand why Fast artillery is ON by default, and why the setup program deletes all preferences.

Post #: 3
- 10/4/2000 1:00:00 AM   
Kharan

VCR has never shown the first turn, not even in SPWW2, so that's not a bug. If it's still missing also from later turns, then it's more serious. Fuerte, is the log empty?

Post #: 4
- 10/4/2000 1:08:00 AM   
Fuerte

What log? You mean F5? I don't know, I can't open it until I get it back... F5 was empty. [This message has been edited by Fuerte (edited October 03, 2000).]

Post #: 5
- 10/4/2000 9:51:00 AM   
Scipio Africanus

I'm on turn 5. Artillery is set to slow. No replays for me. My opponent had one truncated replay on turn 3 but that was it. Oh well ------------------ Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Post #: 6
- 10/4/2000 11:24:00 AM   
Graf Speer

Scipio, I plan to return to pbem shortly as soon as my brother gets his copy, but find this news regrettable. One of the best features of SSI's Steel Panthers III was the pbem "replay" feature. I hope this gets attention where needed because it really improves the pbem game. (The "hit and hide" pbem tactic while ubiquitously employed with SP I was fun but not particularly helpful in the area of sim-creation realism). Albert

Post #: 7
- 10/4/2000 6:29:00 PM   
Moonwolf

Madonna Mia! No PBEM VCR Playback?! I'm playing unsecure, turn 4, no playback. We gotta tell each other what we did. This won't float. ------------------ Ed Mortimer Meglio un Giorno da Leone

Ed Mortimer Meglio un Giorno da Leone

Post #: 8
- 10/4/2000 7:17:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

We thought we fixed this - it WILL get fixed...

Post #: 9
- 10/4/2000 7:19:00 PM   
anttik

Haven't worked for us either (Germany vs Germany, tried everything already). Seeing what the other guy did the previous turn is definetely one of the best features of the game (or was), hope Matrix guys can solve it.

Post #: 10
- 10/5/2000 12:48:00 AM   
Fuerte

Certainly does not work. Unbelievable... I don't get it. It worked 100% in 2.3, 1% in 4.0, and Matrix told that they have fixed and tested it in 4.1, but still it doesn't work. Matrix, while you are at it, consider fixing the other replay bugs as well: 1) No replay in the first turn (the first artillery strike). 2) No replay of enemy movement, only shots. 3) I have read that the delay settings and fast artillery setting affect the other player as well, this should not be so. 4) Add controls to stop and continue replay. Combat Mission is a good example, it works 100% all the time. And, the compressed secure PBEM would be a nice surprise. If you need beta-testers, I'm sure that there are plenty in this forum.

Post #: 11
- 10/6/2000 4:12:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

PLease remeber that we did not design the game and often, making a change to one are has onforseen effect on a different area. Fixing one problem can "unfix" others. Since the game is in essence in a "permanent" state of Beta testing, the process that makes us responsive, makes us prone to problems of this nature. Much of these things mentioned can not be fixed because of how the game data is defined. To add or fix these features is a major undertaking we just can't take on at this time. We WILL get pbem back to the "way it was" but unfortunately it can not be readily improved upon at this time.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I'm still not seeing a replay in email play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI