Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 6/28/2008 4:10:02 PM   
Roger Neilson II

and for me....

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 331
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/1/2008 9:53:14 AM   
Chris21wen

Yet another suggstion. Can you show Mines at bases please.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 332
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/1/2008 11:21:51 AM   
Bogo Mil

I want to say thank you for this great tool!

I have a few suggestions, too:
- Can you add an alert "marching LCU reached it's destination"?
- In the air losses screen, the same filters as in the air production screen would be useful, imho. (e.g. show only Japanese fighters)

- There is a small error in the production chart: New industry costs 10 manpower and 10 HI, not 1.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 333
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/1/2008 5:13:39 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Chris -- Can you show Mines at bases please.

Floyd and I are working on it, but at present the information only shows the total mines in a hex, not the breakdown between Allied V Japanese mines ... but we hope to be able to do this in future releases ...

quote:

- In the air losses screen, the same filters as in the air production screen would be useful, imho. (e.g. show only Japanese fighters)

- There is a small error in the production chart: New industry costs 10 manpower and 10 HI, not 1.

The idea about the alert, is a good idea, but Floyd will have to look into that at a future date ...

The Chart is from Apollo 11's original chart ... So a bit of copying and pasting should fix this ... or you could edit the file witpecon.gif file yourself (in folder images)...

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/4/2008 1:45:04 AM >

(in reply to Bogo Mil)
Post #: 334
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/3/2008 5:59:01 PM   
F6frc

Absolutely awesome utility! Just downloaded it and ran it. It ran perfectly, no errors, and what a wealth of Info! Certainly will help noobs like me get a handle on the mechanics!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 335
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/3/2008 10:09:14 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bogo Mil

I want to say thank you for this great tool!

I have a few suggestions, too:

You're welcome.

I'll work on those two items. The first one is helpful - I like that feature when you play vs. AI...

(in reply to Bogo Mil)
Post #: 336
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/10/2008 10:43:08 PM   
munited18

Hi Floyd,

I, too, have just downloaded this tool and I believe that it is going to be the very thing to help me get a grasp on the entire strategic scope of the War in the Pacific. I am decent on the tactical side, but have struggled with the other 99% of this game. I am all ready to invade Tokyo and then realize that I have no transports, beans, bullets, or band aids, etc. Really sucks.
Anyway, this thing is awesome. I do not know if you are still taking suggestions but I was wonder if you could include enemy suck messages in the alerts page. Not anything to get past the fog of war, just those ships that are mentioned during the processing of the turn. Also, can we bring in the sunken enemy ships from the information screen inside the game so we can see which ships we have sunk on the other side in the Tracker Victory screen or somewhere?
I hate to bother you with this, but that is what us a little people are here for!!

You are what you do, when it counts.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 337
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/11/2008 2:21:11 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: munited18

Hi Floyd,

I, too, have just downloaded this tool and I believe that it is going to be the very thing to help me get a grasp on the entire strategic scope of the War in the Pacific. I am decent on the tactical side, but have struggled with the other 99% of this game. I am all ready to invade Tokyo and then realize that I have no transports, beans, bullets, or band aids, etc. Really sucks.
Anyway, this thing is awesome. I do not know if you are still taking suggestions but I was wonder if you could include enemy suck messages in the alerts page. Not anything to get past the fog of war, just those ships that are mentioned during the processing of the turn. Also, can we bring in the sunken enemy ships from the information screen inside the game so we can see which ships we have sunk on the other side in the Tracker Victory screen or somewhere?
I hate to bother you with this, but that is what us a little people are here for!!

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Our list is growing, but we're working on it.

The current tool only reads from the save file (WITPxxx.PWS), not the associated text files. We could add that in the future, but that would be distant future. Another tool from Bhodi does show information from the text files.

We do want to show the sunk enemy ships, except we're having a little trouble making sure the FOW is not violated. So until then, we won't show it.

We're working on a new release for this weekend with a lot of fixes and some items suggested here.

Good luck collecting those beans, bullets and bandages in the mean time.

Floyd

(in reply to munited18)
Post #: 338
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/12/2008 6:17:39 AM   
n01487477

Just sent my final code to Floyd ...

The list of changes are fairly extensive and I hope that you enjoy a more trouble free build (famous last words!!)

Some screen shots ... although not all that we have done ... Floyd can explain that when he releases.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/12/2008 6:21:46 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 339
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/13/2008 4:38:44 PM   
eloso

This tool just keep getting better. Thanks guys!

I was notified this morning that a Java update was available. I installed it and your program still works.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 340
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 7/13/2008 6:18:14 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: OSO

This tool just keep getting better. Thanks guys!

I was notified this morning that a Java update was available. I installed it and your program still works.

Thanks for the kind words... I hope once you start using the new version, it'll be even kinder.

< Message edited by floydg -- 7/13/2008 8:57:53 PM >

(in reply to eloso)
Post #: 341
WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/13/2008 6:22:54 PM   
floydg

Release 1.1.2 is now available at http://witptracker.googlepages.com

The following problems were (hopefully) fixed:

• Program freezing when reading a turn is most probably resolved. As a side-effect, reading in turns takes a bit longer now.
  • Ship Class bitmaps now show up properly
  • Ship's day and night experience were backwards
  • Alert panel's “last 5 turns” now works as intended; added filter for Air Group-related alerts
  • Less than double supply alert fixed – was showing the wrong supply amount needed
  • Air Group HQ filter for Japanese HQ
  • Alert for when a ship enters the reinforcement queue vs. when it actually arrives on map
  • Ship classes with Fuel > 32000 now handle
  • Overdue ship upgrades that cross the year boundary
  • Air Production screen: Small bug when a factory was not building and not repairing was not shown; Float planes and patrol planes
  • LCU Production screen fixed logic for reinforcement on/of
  • Ship Production screen: fixed some calculations and added to the list of Naval ships for calculation

The following features / changes have been added:

• Base Object history added
  • Ship arrival location now shown (previous databases would need a new turn loaded to show this information)
  • New filter in Air Groups for groups that do not have their full complement of aircraft
  • Aircraft panel has filters, sorting, and now show minimum airfield size for bombers
  • Ship Upgrade panel shows if the ship is allowed to upgrade or not
  • Aircraft Comparison shows which plane it will upgrade to
  • Leader panel added filter for assigned to an active unit
  • New alerts when Oil < Heavy Industry or Resources < Heavy Industry; when an LCU reaches its destination
  • Air Group History
  • Air Production screen: Added simplistic and upgrade toggle to main screen; Upgrade shows potential upgrade factory and numbers which will convert; Added building/not building to status filter; Added frame statistics; Added aircraft turn loss to main screen, removed average loss; Added group plane amount (already active); Removed engine use and placed it in the simplistic view; Changed details table to show numbers of each, rather than true/false logic; Engine screen shows Heavy Industry use
  • LCU Production screen: Extended delay period from 90 days to 365 days; Added extra information for production related to the delay period filter; TOE column placed at the end of the table
  • Ship Production screen: Removed status filter and replaced it with check boxes for better filtering options; Added ship details; Changed distinctions to Halted, Building, Pending, Queued and Blueprint; Added some calculations; Added port details and “can accelerate” (not shown when blueprint is off)
  • Industry screen: Added Report tab; Overview: Heavy Industry statistics summarized and shows expense of Heavy Industry ; Regional factory and Oil and Supply tabs now have Resource history by region; Global tab shows a history of supplies, resources, etc; Details tables show numbers of each rather than true/false logic; WitpChart changed
  • Regions can be merged

Enjoy!

Floyd and Damian

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 342
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/13/2008 8:41:09 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Thanks guys, downloaded and working fine on all my games

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 343
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 12:48:41 AM   
n01487477

Thanks Roger ... glad we could make at least one person happy

Is the sound of silence a good thing? I hope so ...

Anyone need any help with the new screens ?

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 344
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 12:51:39 AM   
Nomad

I downloaded and everything worked and looks good. But, my last opponent seems to have disappeared.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 7/14/2008 12:52:52 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 345
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 12:55:29 AM   
n01487477

Thanks Nomad,
not sure that is a Tracker enhancement (getting rid of opponents), but if it is then, you must wage war too well with its help!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 346
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 10:25:00 AM   
Local Yokel

Working for me too - thanks, chaps

BUT...  resizing of the window has become an issue.  I'm running a 19" monitor at 1600 X 1200 res., and any resizing of the Tracker window causes it to expand to a width greater than my screen width.  It's then fixed at that width, so for some options it becomes necessary to move the window from side to side.

My workaround is to avoid doing anything to re-size the window's initially displayed size (which remains within screen bounds), but it's not entirely satisfactory for the wider data displays.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 347
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 10:25:59 AM   
cantona2

Works better than the previous version for me!
Cheers guys

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 348
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 1:53:24 PM   
n01487477

We'll try to rectify the resizing issue sometime ...

Just thought I'd show another screen of Base Object history ... this is from my PBEM Empires Ablaze.

Ise (Honshu) ... repairing Ki-109's...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/14/2008 1:56:33 PM >

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 349
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 1:58:01 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

Working for me too - thanks, chaps

BUT...  resizing of the window has become an issue.  I'm running a 19" monitor at 1600 X 1200 res., and any resizing of the Tracker window causes it to expand to a width greater than my screen width.  It's then fixed at that width, so for some options it becomes necessary to move the window from side to side.

My workaround is to avoid doing anything to re-size the window's initially displayed size (which remains within screen bounds), but it's not entirely satisfactory for the wider data displays.

Yeah, I see the same frustrating thing (I was hoping it was just me that was seeing it). I don't know why that's happening now (didn't happen before). When it does happen, I quit and restart. I'll try to address the resizing issue for the next release.

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 350
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 2:04:58 PM   
n01487477

The other thing is that it is only when you manually resize, clicking to full screen works fine and back ...

I'll check my code, to see if I've caused this problem, I have a feeling it might be the ShipProduction Panel, I had to do a lot of work figuring that one to work properly.

Might as well show another screen, Airgroup History ... note how the Morale seems to lift when the airgrp is at full capacity of planes & pilots ...

---Damian---

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/14/2008 2:24:57 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 351
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 5:15:05 PM   
cantona2

Loving the new feedback in the alerts page too

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 352
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 6:03:30 PM   
Panther Bait

First off, let me say that this tool is a godsend for my first game as the Japanese.

I do have a question, though.  I started inputing data into WitPTracker at about turn 115.  I missed about 3 turns a little while later (turns 132-134).  Most everything works fine, but the "history" screens don't. 

For example, the ship repair history tracks fine up to turn 131.  Then I get all zeros in every field up to the current turn.  Is there a way to reset this, or should I restart over again on the current turn?

Thanks,
Mike

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 353
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 9:23:40 PM   
VSWG

Release 1.1.2 works flawlessly on my machine. 

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 354
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 10:42:34 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

First off, let me say that this tool is a godsend for my first game as the Japanese.

I do have a question, though.  I started inputing data into WitPTracker at about turn 115.  I missed about 3 turns a little while later (turns 132-134).  Most everything works fine, but the "history" screens don't. 

For example, the ship repair history tracks fine up to turn 131.  Then I get all zeros in every field up to the current turn.  Is there a way to reset this, or should I restart over again on the current turn?

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the compliments.

The history stuff should track fine -- I usually test with a skipped turn. Perhaps I can make sense of it with the database files of yours. They're big files (trackerdb.*). Let me try again by skipping three turns and see what happens.

Floyd

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 355
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/14/2008 10:43:39 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

The other thing is that it is only when you manually resize, clicking to full screen works fine and back ...

I'll check my code, to see if I've caused this problem, I have a feeling it might be the ShipProduction Panel, I had to do a lot of work figuring that one to work properly.

Yeah, it was all his fault...

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 356
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.2 - 7/16/2008 3:15:10 AM   
n01487477

Hi all ...
if you are using the Region merge function, I've seen a small error that is easily fixed. If you merge a region make sure to go back through the base list and check that all the bases have been assigned ... otherwise you may get this problem below ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 357
Multi-turn load - 7/17/2008 2:00:30 AM   
floydg

Working on the ability to load multiple turns in one shot. In order to filter things out a little, how do people name the files they collect from turn to turn?

For example, I save the turns as witp020.pws.001, witp020.pws.002, etc.

I'd rather do some filtering by filename since I need to look into each file to get the turn number so I can read them in order.

Thanks,

Floyd

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 358
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/17/2008 3:00:48 PM   
Nemo121

Excellent work. It installed flawlessly and works very well. I particularly like the ability to track industrial production per turn and repairs to industry.

One thing though --- Is it in any way possible to allow the user to "hide" various columns so that they aren't displayed and to re-arrange those columns that remain in whatever fashion seems most logical to them?

I ask because there are a number of columns in the Plane production ( and other ) screens which I never use and which simply serve to confuse me when I play. I'd love to be able to hide them so that they don't get in the way anymore.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 359
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/17/2008 3:30:49 PM   
n01487477

Nemo,
hiding columns isn't an option as yet ... Floyd and I will have to think about how to get around this, there is no simple solution to this problem as yet ... although you might notice the simplistic view check box in the Plane Production screen which removes a few columns.

As for moving columns, that is already available. Just click & hold the top of the column and you can move it anywhere ... as shown below. Unfortunately this will revert back when you exit the program.

---Damian---

Thanks for the support, and we will continue to enhance the production histories as time allows...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/17/2008 3:32:47 PM >

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI