Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will I be able to get MCNA when im able too afford it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Will I be able to get MCNA when im able too afford it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will I be able to get MCNA when im able too afford it? - 4/5/2002 4:08:09 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Im not able to afford MCNA right now and wont be able to afford it for several months.

Matrixgames shop is sold out and I know several other dealers carry it but a few of those have sold out as well.
Lets say when I am able to buy it everyone is sold out. Does Matrix plan on making up some more copies?

Thanks

Post #: 1
- 4/5/2002 4:09:25 AM   
nelmsm1

I've got the same question.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 2
Me too - 4/5/2002 4:26:35 AM   
Rune Iversen

Me too!!!!

Please say yes!!!

Ignoring the wulfir
Fighting the EUnuchs from within

Post #: 3
- 4/5/2002 5:46:11 AM   
Charlie

In [url]www.duchet.com[/url] they have MCNA ( just got it one week ago). They are in UK but they export worldwide

Regards

" Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas"

Post #: 4
nosey - 4/5/2002 5:48:40 AM   
mogami

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charlie
[B]In [url]www.duchet.com[/url] they have MCNA ( just got it one week ago). They are in UK but they export worldwide

Regards [/B][/QUOTE]

Just being nosey are these copies purchased from Matrix?
Is there a price difference?

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 5
- 4/5/2002 5:51:02 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Buying it from Europe would cost quite a bit more.

Maybe I was misunderstood.
I know there are plenty of other places to buy the game my worry is that these will also sell out of their copies so where will I be able to buy one when Im able to?

Post #: 6
Re: nosey - 4/5/2002 6:05:20 AM   
Charlie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B]

Just being nosey are these copies purchased from Matrix?
Is there a price difference? [/B][/QUOTE]

Mogami, they are one of the Matrix dealers (http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/dealers.php). I think there´s no price difference but the postage is cheaper and, if you´re living in Europe ( i´m living in Spain), you can get the games in 6-7 days :D ( from US is 3-4 weeks for me
:mad: )

Regards

" Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas"

Post #: 7
MCNA purchase location - 4/5/2002 6:37:56 AM   
Supervisor

Here is another place where you can purchase MCNA Desert Fox [URL=http://www.cdmag.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home?client=87016&source=10678&page=catalogs/home.html&newpage=infopages/DESEF1942.IR.html]Chips & Bits[/URL] and yes they are originals purchased from MatrixGames for distibution.

Post #: 8
- 4/5/2002 11:53:14 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Hmm....

Dont take this the wrong way but your dodging my question or prehaps just dont know the answer.

I know their are plenty of places to order from.
MY question is if these places are sold out will Matrix make more copies to put on sale?

Post #: 9
- 4/5/2002 12:14:29 PM   
rlc27

How is it that Matrix is always complaining of low MC sales, but has apparently run out of MCNA?

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

Post #: 10
- 4/5/2002 1:34:23 PM   
Godzilla Blitz

MCNA and MCLV just arrived at my house today (4/4)!

I ordered them on Monday (4/1) from Chips & Bits. $65 for the two, including priority mail shipping.

Work is really busy so I won't have time to play either of them for the next few weeks, but I wanted to buy MCNA because I thought it might sell out soon.

Post #: 11
- 4/5/2002 1:49:10 PM   
Supervisor

Just remember the prefered installation order.

MCNA installs full ver of 5.3 no way around it
MCWT installs ver 7.0 with complete install or just imports only the WT Mega
MCLV installs ver 7.0 with complete install also can just import the LV Mega
It would be advised to do complete installations with WT and LV. With MCNA you don't have a choice. When Installing MCNA your actually going backwards on SPWAW versions (unavoidable). After that, apply all upgrade patches for Mega's and upgrade 7.1, the updated stereo sound patch for SPWAW will not be required but the updated sound for LV will. When your all done check for nested directories, see stickies at the top of this forum about installing to second directories to explain how to fix them. Have fun

Post #: 12
- 4/6/2002 12:04:10 AM   
Supervisor

Fallschirmjager, sorry I missed the intent of your question. No Matrix will not make anymore copies of MCNA it's out of production, once there gone everwhere thats it. The shipping cost from Chip & Bits even to overseas wasn't that expensive I think about $10.50 USD if I remember correctly. These questions came up a few months ago.

Post #: 13
- 4/6/2002 1:40:55 AM   
Paul Vebber

How can we complain of low sales if we ran out f MCNA?

Easy, being our first product we did not produce as many as the other MC's and we anticiated using the proceeds of the first production run to finance future runs. We could not afford to be stuck with lots of unsold product if it flopped so this was a safe strategy. Ultmately our goal was to sell 5000 copies and our threshold was 3500. I don't remeber the numbers exactly but I am sure teh two production runs were not > 2000 copies and several hunderd were "lost" in initial distro problems we had to replace at our expense.

The rate of sales has not been sufficient to warrant another production run. I don;t think the other two MC's combined have topped 2000 copies sold yet, though I think they will get there if the current rate of sales continue.

But nothing near the 10,000 total copies we thought was possible and the 7000 copy threshold we needed to meet the capitalization costs of new game production we wanted to do.

But sales have been sufficient to keep us going and we have continued with our in-house game development at a slower pace and scaled back effforts in some other areas.

Hope that explains it!

Post #: 14
Paul, How About This Idea? - 4/6/2002 2:41:15 AM   
John David

Paul,

I know that you have read many of the posts here from people like me who want nothing more then to see Matrix succed, as well as many of us pushing others here to go out and purchase the MC"s like many of us have.

I was wondering, in regards to Fallschirmjager's question that when the time comes that he has the $$ to buy MCNA, what happens if he can't find a copy anywhere like from Chips & Bits(where I bought it , while ordering the other two MC"s from Matrix) what can he do.

How about someone like me who owns the MC, burn a cd copy for Fallschirmjager, and then having him send the cost for the MC to Matrix, and then posting either a note on the forum or emailing me directly to give me the ok to send out the cd to him.

Whatever we all can do to help, I am willing to do my share!

Just a thought, let me know what you think, as well, Fallschirmjager, let me know too!:)

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

Post #: 15
- 4/6/2002 4:12:09 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Not making anymore....well that sucks.

I hope theirs a few still around by the time im able to order.

Post #: 16
- 4/6/2002 5:52:23 AM   
Paul Vebber

This came up before, there are a host of reasons that just wouldn't work. We have to follow "standard business" practices for accounting and receiving money from out of the blue because of a thrid party transaction is just not in there...

Post #: 17
OK Paul! - 4/6/2002 6:06:26 AM   
John David

Not being a buisness man or knowing the in's and out's of the accounting or tax fields, I defer to your answer. After all. I'm a graphics and web guy, so my knowledge on business is pretty weak!

I just wanted to do what whatever I could to help!:D

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Will I be able to get MCNA when im able too afford it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI