Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kinda Funny?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets >> Kinda Funny? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 4:01:53 PM   
HercMighty

Matrix starts out its ad with: The next highly anticipated turn-based strategy hit from SSG is now available!

Empahasis mine.

And there has been how much activity here? Or the SSG Forums?

Maybe they are all to busy playing?

I am waiting for a feel on the forums before I put my money down again, I was hoping that there would be a lot more activity to base my decision on....
Post #: 1
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 4:13:12 PM   
Otto20000

I am highly anticipating this game and can't wait to get my hands on it. If you only have negative things to say go some where else and stop wasting your time around here. I'm sure you can find better things to do.

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 2
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 5:12:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: HercMighty
Matrix starts out its ad with: The next highly anticipated turn-based strategy hit from SSG is now available!
Empahasis mine.
I am waiting for a feel on the forums before I put my money down again, I was hoping that there would be a lot more activity to base my decision on....

Give it a little time - we certainly got quite a few questions about it at Origins and there are a lot of SSG fans who follow along with the series. I think it's quite fair to say that any new SSG release is highly anticipated given their design talents and history of award-winning games with excellent strategy and polished gameplay.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 7/18/2008 5:13:08 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 3
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 5:13:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

Otto,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto20000
I am highly anticipating this game and can't wait to get my hands on it. If you only have negative things to say go some where else and stop wasting your time around here. I'm sure you can find better things to do.

Well, it's available, go get it! (or are you waiting for a physical shipment?)

Let's please keep things civil in the meantime, Herc's post was not at all over the top.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Otto20000)
Post #: 4
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 5:19:39 PM   
typhoon

I was also expecting a few more posts and was going to use that to make the decision torn between this and BOAII.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 6:13:01 PM   
HercMighty

I thought my post was an honest observation and question.

My whole deal about this release has been price vs value. Our expectation and actual reality of what is in the release. So far there has been a wide gap for me in these two issues. And I have honestly said that I am waiting to see how things go with others. Usually a forum will be busy after a release, good or bad. To me it has been a rather quiet reaction to the anouncement of the game and of its release by the community.

Is that because the community is moving on?
Not coming to the forums?

And I have honestly said this will affect my purchase. That and what SSG does do going forward. There is mention of an expansion which I liked the battle while playing Korsun. I said I would be willing to pay for addons but how much will they be, needs to be reasonable (Price vs Value again).

So sorry I am not going to just jump right in again. I have not posted any comments bad or good about the game itself or its actual shipping features. I am waiting to see what others who are playing it post.

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 6
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 6:46:14 PM   
TheHellPatrol

Your observations are quite correct, it IS rather dead as compared to even Battlefront's release. People, myself included, expect more for their $ these days especially from SSG who spoiled us in the past. I bought it, i know i wasn't gonna, but i do LOVE the changes and combinations of DB and BF along with some awesome streamlining...Ctrl+O...i almost cried. Ctrl+O for example automatically moves all shaded units in the combat advisor for the combat in question...brilliant!
I don't know if it's been done but SSG/Matrix should proudly put up the Designer's Notes from the manual to show people exactly what's changed, personally i am very pleased, but only time with the game + variants will decide if one big scenario is a value or not. IMHO the changes/additions are enough suprisingly(not a big EF fan) to tear me away from my learning of GG War between the States and Civ Revolution.

PS. If i didn't like the changes/game i just would have shut up and kept my mouth shut because it was my choice to jump in...thanks to Chris Merchant for this sale.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to HercMighty)
Post #: 7
RE: Kinda Funny? - 7/18/2008 7:49:36 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto20000

If you only have negative things to say go some where else and stop wasting your time around here. I'm sure you can find better things to do.

I always depend on the positive as well as the negative posts to make my decisions whether to purchase or not. So I disagree with your comment.

(in reply to Otto20000)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets >> Kinda Funny? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI