Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blockade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Blockade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blockade - 7/18/2008 11:47:18 PM   
JeanUSARMYGUARD

In the real world... we know blockading Southern ports killed off a large part of the Confederacy, however in Forge of Freedom... whats its effect?

Does it reduce income, labor, horses, iron, etc?

How many ships is required to execute a full blockade of a port. Can you station 1 Union Ship to blockade the port with 100% effectiveness?

Visit The Glorious Cause @ http://www.thegloriouscause.us

Camp Smith, US ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Proud NRA Member
Post #: 1
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 12:26:49 AM   
Ironclad

A blockading fleet needs a minimum of 30 strength to be effective. The blockade doesn't affect your national production. Ports blockaded reduce the resources/research obtained from the foreign powers and also contribute towards certain victory points.

(in reply to JeanUSARMYGUARD)
Post #: 2
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 12:39:52 AM   
JeanUSARMYGUARD

I see...

So blockading a enemy port will reduce the European resources sent to The Confederacy... Will it also reduce European support for The Confederacy?

And also ... blockading does not reduce the income and resources generated by The Confederacy?

Thanks

Proud NRA Member

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 3
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 1:00:40 AM   
Ironclad

The blockade doesn't affect European diplomatic support but the diplomacy level does impact on the resources/research provided by a foreign power.

Edit: And yes home production is not affected.

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 7/19/2008 1:21:14 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 3:15:11 AM   
JeanUSARMYGUARD

Thanks Ironclad... I apprciate the tips. Thank you.

Proud NRA Member

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 5
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 8:24:32 AM   
terje439

Unless I remeber the manual incorectly I believe the Union gets points for a complete blockade as well??

Post #: 6
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 11:35:24 AM   
Ironclad

2 VPs for 50% of CSA ports blockaded and another 2 VPs for a complete blockade, provided fleets are each at least 30 strength.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 7
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 12:22:46 PM   
terje439

yea thought it was something like that, but I never play the Northern Agressors so was not sure.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 8
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 6:51:13 PM   
Gil R.

JeanUSARMYGUARD,
Remember that in addition to the printed manual we provide a .pdf copy that is easily searchable. A search of "blockade" turns up all of this information, without the need to wait for people to respond. (I realize that when using the printed manual the info is a bit scattered (on pp. 64, 80, 96, etc.), but when using the .pdf you can find it all in a minute or two. Not to mention that you'll find a nifty flavor quote or two about blockade-running...)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 9
RE: Blockade - 7/19/2008 8:08:14 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

JeanUSARMYGUARD,
Remember that in addition to the printed manual we provide a .pdf copy that is easily searchable. A search of "blockade" turns up all of this information, without the need to wait for people to respond. (I realize that when using the printed manual the info is a bit scattered (on pp. 64, 80, 96, etc.), but when using the .pdf you can find it all in a minute or two. Not to mention that you'll find a nifty flavor quote or two about blockade-running...)

Thanks for that information, I foolishly did not know, that I could search in the pdf file

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 10
RE: Blockade - 7/20/2008 10:39:45 PM   
Mad Russian

Do ships in sea zones affect the blockade runners or only those actually blockading a specific port? And are the 30 points per sea zone for the blockade or only the ports?

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 7/20/2008 10:41:59 PM >

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 11
RE: Blockade - 7/20/2008 10:41:15 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

JeanUSARMYGUARD,

That doesn't work for me. Whenever I leave FoF and do ANYTHING else it takes me directly back into the game....no searching the rules under those conditions.

And yes, it's a pain to try to find all the rules in the manual but if that's what you have you have to make due.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 12
RE: Blockade - 7/20/2008 11:39:15 PM   
Ironclad

You don't have to leave FOF. Access the pdf manual by clicking on the START button and then through All Programs - FOF - documentation. ALT Tab will allow you to switch between it and the game - although its so quick to use that you can always quickly re- access it when needed.

The 30 minimum is for each fleet blockading a specific port. Every union ship has a chance of killing a runner passing through its not restricted just to the blockaders.

Edit: I was forgetting that the windows key needs to be pressed to bring up the bottom toolbar with the Start button. If that is when the problem occurs, you could instead access the pdf file before loading the game, leave it open, load the game and then use ALT TAB to move between them.

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 7/21/2008 12:00:17 AM >

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 13
RE: Blockade - 8/13/2008 6:17:49 PM   
Mad Russian

In the game do the number of ships at a blockade location influence the catching and damaging of blockade runners?

If 3 ships are good for blockading a port, are 6 ships twice as good? Would 6 ships have twice the chance of catching a blockade runner that 3 ships do?

Or does the game take that into account?

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 14
RE: Blockade - 8/13/2008 8:46:21 PM   
Ironclad

Yes the more ships that are present the better the chance of a kill as they each have the same % chance of doing so. This applies regardless of whether they are in a blockading fleet or not - so single ships or invasion/supply fleet vessels will count as well as the blockaders. One vessel alone could achieve a kill, you don't need a fleet of 30 strength minimum present to do so. The latter is purely to meet the requirement for achieving an effective blockade at a port. Also the kill possibility isn't limited to a blockading port location it applies in any sea province when a union vessel encounters a runner.

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 8/13/2008 8:52:47 PM >

Post #: 15
RE: Blockade - 8/23/2008 4:56:17 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Also the kill possibility isn't limited to a blockading port location it applies in any sea province when a union vessel encounters a runner.

And my last question about naval blockade operations. Do the chance for intercept take place at any time the two are in the same area or only if both are located in the same area at the end of movement?

Example...I have a fleet on the west coast of Florida adjacent to Pensacola. When runners move through that area going and coming do I try to intercept? Or does that only happen if they stop in the same sea area with my fleet?

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 16
RE: Blockade - 8/23/2008 7:06:49 PM   
Ironclad

No you don't have to intercept. (If you mean the intercept command you can't anyway since that only works against fleets). Your ships will have the same kill chance against passing through blockaders as well as for any that stop there.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Blockade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI