Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TCP/IP- How does it work?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> TCP/IP- How does it work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TCP/IP- How does it work? - 9/7/2007 3:39:34 PM   
cchaudard

Hello eveybody,
i bought the game three months ago and greatly enjoyed it. It was a fellow gamer who told me to buy it. The aim was to play by TCP/IP together.
We never figured out how to start a game. On the two sides, we choose TCP/IP, one select Axis , the other Allies; we both arrive to the host/join page where the host is already set to 192.168.1.2 We cannot change the host address. The join adress can be changed but when we do it, nothing happens. We cannot click on the validating button, only on the exit button.
We tried two times, one before the patch and one yesterday, without succes. It is very frustating because the game seems great.
Could everyone help us?
Post #: 1
RE: TCP/IP- How does it work? - 9/7/2007 5:22:59 PM   
IainMcNeil

Sorry you are having problems. One player must host. You might want to check your IP address before you do and pass it to your opponent. Your opponent must join and enter the hosts IP address. NAT firewalls prevent hosting of games but allow you to join.

You can find your IP from www.whatismyip.com

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to cchaudard)
Post #: 2
RE: TCP/IP- How does it work? - 7/20/2008 3:19:12 AM   
stoner

Iain,

I'n not trying to be dumb in public here, but you didn't answer the question. The Host IP is being auto filled by the game program with an Internal, not External IP. How do we change the Host IP address to an External IP address?

Or are you saying that the Host player leaves his internal IP address alone and enters the other player's External IP in the Join box? We tried that too, but nothing happened with that approach either.

Could you explain *each* step that must be taken to start up a TcpIP game, in very basic and complete sentences?

Thanks!

Stoner

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 3
RE: TCP/IP- How does it work? - 7/22/2008 10:46:18 AM   
IainMcNeil

Ok, I misunderstood - Johan is the guy to talk to about the details. He's more active over at our forum though so it might be better to ask your questions there. I'm not really up to speed on the multiplayer side of CEAW.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to stoner)
Post #: 4
RE: TCP/IP- How does it work? - 7/26/2008 10:19:10 AM   
El Condoro

The Slitherine thread might help: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3534

(in reply to stoner)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> TCP/IP- How does it work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI