Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1.03 UPDATE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: 1.03 UPDATE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/17/2008 11:21:42 PM   
jmkas

Just occured to me that H2H and PBEM are not the same. Will PBEM games have issues if patched midgame?

Sorry for the confusion
Joe

(in reply to jmkas)
Post #: 31
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 2:37:32 AM   
R.E.LEE

Jason overall i love what youve done,also i know that youll be taking care of all issues like the assault and other issues,i realize due to codding this will take time,however what about small stuff like the OOB and many units not highlighting,not just paras but my panzer grenadiers as well ,im hoping these smaller easly fixed things will be done long before the major fixes are done,can you please verify if youll be putting out a small patch to fix some simple things,thanks Jason.

(in reply to jmkas)
Post #: 32
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 3:20:48 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmkas

Just occured to me that H2H and PBEM are not the same. Will PBEM games have issues if patched midgame?

Sorry for the confusion
Joe

Huib was referring to PBEM games. So no worries apart from the initial graphics glitch.

Jason Petho

(in reply to jmkas)
Post #: 33
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 3:22:53 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

Jason overall i love what youve done,also i know that youll be taking care of all issues like the assault and other issues,i realize due to codding this will take time,however what about small stuff like the OOB and many units not highlighting,not just paras but my panzer grenadiers as well ,im hoping these smaller easly fixed things will be done long before the major fixes are done,can you please verify if youll be putting out a small patch to fix some simple things,thanks Jason.

I am already putting together a small patch that adjusts the outlines, fixes some oobs, adjusts the reinforcements for DCG's to offset artillery losses, etc, etc.. It will be released once the initial assault bug is corrected and tested. The Assault Option feature will probably have to wait a little longer and will come with an additional patch or a future UPDATE.

Jason Petho

(in reply to R.E.LEE)
Post #: 34
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 3:31:01 AM   
R.E.LEE

Thanks Jason,If JTCS had a medal like Stalin did"HERO OF THE SOVIET UNION"You would be the first to get one,so i unofficialy award you the medal "HERO OF THE JTCS"

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 35
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 4:42:58 PM   
kool_kat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

I am already putting together a small patch that adjusts the outlines, fixes some oobs, adjusts the reinforcements for DCG's to offset artillery losses, etc, etc.. It will be released once the initial assault bug is corrected and tested. The Assault Option feature will probably have to wait a little longer and will come with an additional patch or a future UPDATE.

Jason Petho

Jason:

Will this inital patch be available:

(1.) via the "Update" feature on the CS Main Menu?

Or...

(2.) via a download from the Matrix Games Web site?

Also, how will you inform CS owners of the new patch?

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

Post #: 36
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 4:46:19 PM   
kool_kat

Look up ^ (previous posting)

< Message edited by mwest -- 7/18/2008 4:47:34 PM >

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 37
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/18/2008 4:54:20 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: mwest

Jason:

Will this inital patch be available:

(1.) via the "Update" feature on the CS Main Menu?

Or...

(2.) via a download from the Matrix Games Web site?

I am hoping both. That is Matrix's decision though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: mwest

Also, how will you inform CS owners of the new patch?

Hopefully the same way 1.03 was released, but I am not sure. Again, that is up to Matrix.

Jason Petho

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 38
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/20/2008 2:28:57 PM   
Big Ivan

Hello Again Jason

I like cw58's summary above. He hit it on the nail. Another issue I noticed and I'm not sure if it was discussed somewhere else, is that of unit quality with the pre-existing scenarios. I've noticed that is '44 Scenarios for west front you get '41 Armored Inf. Platoons for the US or '37 Rifle platoons for the Germans in east front. That doesn't seem to realistic since the AT capability suffers. I'm not sure if there is a fix but it should be looked at. I would settle for a mix of maybe different quality [G, Reg, V] than a different year.

Finally, I have to echo cw58's praise for the new patch, OUTSTANDING!!! You and the team get three blue guys for the work and the time put into this upgrade!!

Best always!
Big Ivan

Post #: 39
RE: 1.03 UPDATE - 7/20/2008 4:43:54 PM   
yeats

Just noticed an old bug (if I recall correctly) that maybe somebody has already id'd but I didn't see it anywhere. Anyways, bicycle troops in the East Front scenario Hungarian Rhapsody won't peddle their bikes. Granted, not like getting a ride in a truck, but sometimes it beats walking.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: 1.03 UPDATE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI