Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No More Mega Campaigns!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No More Mega Campaigns! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No More Mega Campaigns! - 4/1/2002 5:20:23 PM   
Warrior

[B]You heard me, I want NO MORE Mega Campaigns![/B] :mad:

Not until we players get off our [I]CHEAP[/I] asses and finish buying the ones still in stock in the Matrix Store. It's the least we can do for the people who labored for the past two years to give us the best SPWaW ever, and never made a dollar for their hard work and dedication.

Let there be no more talk of new MC's until we take care of our end of the bargain.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 1
- 4/1/2002 9:33:53 PM   
Mojo

Whew! I thought you were going to say "No more MCs until you finish what you already have on your plate"
:D

That would be a looooooooooong time.

If something's not working you might want to tunk it a dite.
Mojo's Mom

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 2
Just My thoughts! - 4/2/2002 3:49:47 AM   
John David

REMF,

I'm assuming that your post is in direct comment to my post for additional MC's from yesterday.

While I agree with you about the need for the SPWAW community to go out and purchase the exsiting MC's, I can only say that I have bought all 3 of them! I think that allows me to ask if there will be any more in the future.

I put my money were my mouth is!!

I love Matirx games and I want to see them around for a long time.
I will be purchasing quite a few other of the new games when thay are published (ie. Uncummon Valour, War In The Pacific and Combat Leader just to name a few).

However, again, I totaly agree that more of the SPWAW community should purchase these MC's.

Thanks

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 3
- 4/2/2002 4:43:38 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I've got all three.

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 4
Re: Just My thoughts! - 4/2/2002 4:58:20 AM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John David
[B]REMF,

I'm assuming that your post is in direct comment to my post for additional MC's from yesterday.

While I agree with you about the need for the SPWAW community to go out and purchase the exsiting MC's, I can only say that I have bought all 3 of them! I think that allows me to ask if there will be any more in the future.

I put my money were my mouth is!!

I love Matirx games and I want to see them around for a long time.
I will be purchasing quite a few other of the new games when thay are published (ie. Uncummon Valour, War In The Pacific and Combat Leader just to name a few).

However, again, I totaly agree that more of the SPWAW community should purchase these MC's.

Thanks

John [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, John, my post wasn't in response to yours. And I'm glad you're one of those who support Matrix. Probably most everybody who has mentioned wanting more MC's is in the same catagory, but I figured a little kick in the *** for those who will read this thread but haven't purchased the MC's was in order. :D

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 5
- 4/2/2002 5:08:28 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I got my MC purchased (Lost Victories). Wish I could buy the others but I live at the bottom of the economic ladder unfortunately.

But yes I can see Matrix saying "Hey no more till we move what we have here now".

I have seen soooo much wargame software dumped in the crappy bargain bin in my time. I dont want Matrix spending money on MCs if the money isnt there.

I want a healthy Matrix producing a new Combat Leader product. If 2+ years down the road Matrix is looking back fondly on ole Steel Panthers and says hmmm why not sneak out a surprise MC... cool (odds are we will still be playing Steel Panthers eh).

But that might be unlikely. If Combat Leader Rocks, well I would assume most will want MCs for it (makes sense).

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 6
Thanks REMF - 4/2/2002 5:24:35 AM   
John David

REMF

I totaly agree that your kick in the *** is much needed.
Thank you for getting the message out.

I hope that the way that the MC's were created with the documents and the non-linear style of progression will be used for upcomming Matrix games. I love the way that they did them.:cool:

Keep up the good fight REMF

:)

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 7
- 4/2/2002 6:01:58 AM   
MacCready

I bought four of them, I have the three and I lost a copy of the original run of Desert Fox.

I personally would rather see Matrix work on thier own Combat Leader/Close Assualt Projects.(than put more time into SPWAW and MC's)

I look forward to both these games and will buy any and all modules released for them,but I'm really looking forward to
any and all combat 1950-2010

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 8
More MCs - 4/2/2002 9:29:51 AM   
Drex

yes I would like to see more MCs ( I also have all three) but why not let Matrix get some new games out and perhaps base the MCs on the new games? Until then -like the other s have said- let's push the others to buy out the existing MCs.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 9
- 4/2/2002 12:51:58 PM   
ivantheterrible

I just ordered Lost Victories yesterday and looking forward to receiving it. I intend to eventually order all 3 MCs. My biggest fear about ordering MCs, however, is losing track of time and big chunks of my life...

:)

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 10
- 4/2/2002 2:57:12 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Thanks for your support. I am going to come right out and say it...... there will be no more Mega Campaigns for SPWaW. Sales have been poor and no really sees the point at this time. We will be making some for Combat Leader God willing.

Let me thank everyone for spreading the word to the world. We need the help and its great to see our fans supporting us.

David Heath

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 11
- 4/2/2002 9:31:40 PM   
skukko

what if I win in lottery and pay it myself ? In the name of Matrix...

mosh

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 12
- 4/2/2002 10:14:52 PM   
MacCready

Skukko,

If I won the lottery I'd fund CL myself until the end,but sadly its not EASY to WIN the lottery.:(

So I've done what I can

2 MC Desert Fox
1 MC Watchtower
1 MC Lost Victories

1 Starships Unlimited DG
2 Matrix coffee cups
1 Matrix baseball style hat

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 13
- 4/2/2002 11:02:55 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I picked Lost Victories mostly cause it was newer than North Africa and Pacific makes me nervous.

I would have all three but alas eating seems more important most days heheh:)

Sucks running hobbies on 15 dollars a month. And I have alas models to buy books to purchase, just glad there is valentines birthday and fathers day each year (which is what I used to get Lost Victories in my case, took all three at once ooouch).:eek:

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 14
- 4/3/2002 12:32:59 AM   
ruxius

Very sad to know about low sales !

I have bought MCNA & MCLV and delayed purchasing of the third MC because I would like to buy it and CL in just one shot (as I live far from USA )

And YES it's right ! No more MEGACAMPS if the old stocks are not empty !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 15
- 4/3/2002 1:44:15 AM   
Charlie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ruxius
[B]Very sad to know about low sales !

I have bought MCNA & MCLV and delayed purchasing of the third MC because I would like to buy it and CL in just one shot (as I live far from USA )

And YES it's right ! No more MEGACAMPS if the old stocks are not empty ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ruxius, if you´re waiting to buy because you live far from USA, you can buy your MC at [url]www.duchet.com[/url] ( they are from UK ). I´m living in Spain and got two MC in just 6 days since I ordered them. And the postage is not expensive ( about one pound each item )

Regards

" Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas"

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 16
- 4/3/2002 2:25:51 AM   
ruxius

OH !
Very good site Charlie , thank you !
I have been helped for MCNA MCLV and FIREFIGHT by a relied on a dear friend of mine in USA .
He ordered two copies of the games , received my dollars and shipped the games to me by postal office..that way I didn't pay too much the shipping companies and fully supported Matrix !

I am very grateful to him , that's why I was delaying ..not to make him working too much !

Anyway this site seems to be a good alternative whenever I won't bore anymore this friend !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 17
- 4/5/2002 4:42:28 AM   
ivantheterrible

I received my MCLV yesterday and played TWO scenarios back-to-back. I LOVE IT!!! :D Needless to say, I did not have much of sleep...

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 18
- 4/5/2002 2:53:11 PM   
Saviola

I love the mega campaigns...and I hope a mega campaign for operation overlord will be released soon...

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 19
- 4/5/2002 8:11:39 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

At the risk on raining on yer parade Savoila....

There will be no more Mega Campaigns....Thats from the horses mouth too.

Overlord will have to wait for Combat Leader.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 20
- 4/5/2002 9:07:14 PM   
Charlie

CL covers the East Front so I guess that no Normandy Campaign will be included:(

" Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas"

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 21
- 4/5/2002 9:18:57 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Combat Leader wont have any limitations as yet.

But its initial release is expected to be East Front.

But they envision it being open to all opportunities as well as non WW2.

Its just the Steel Panthers has had its day, the MC sales were lame and there is no future in additionaly Steel Panthers MCs.

So take your place in line I suppose and wait for Combat Leader (which Matrix will own, so they will be able to do anything they darm well want with it essentially).

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 22
- 4/5/2002 9:21:42 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Combat Leader will have an Eastern Front initial basis.

If we buyers satisfy the minimum level of initial sales, they will provide further continued on going additional modules.

If we are not there with our collective dollars in sufficient numbers, weeeeeellll the experiment will likely end.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 23
Differences Between CL and SPWAW - 4/6/2002 12:48:55 AM   
TheZel66

Can anyone explain the differences between CL and SPWAW? I mean, why should i go buy and play CL, when I perfectly happy with SPWaW? Are there any real new features? Like a better AI? treatment of units in different building levels/underground? sewer movement??

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 24
- 4/6/2002 3:36:55 AM   
scimitar

TheZell66, to have an idea of what could be CL and what differences with SP, the best to do is to keep an eye on the forum part reserved to Combat Leader. Read by exemple the actual thread concerning infantry, and take also a look at the first screenshots.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 25
Re: Differences Between CL and SPWAW - 4/6/2002 4:24:55 AM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheZel66
[B]Can anyone explain the differences between CL and SPWAW? I mean, why should i go buy and play CL, when I perfectly happy with SPWaW? Are there any real new features? Like a better AI? treatment of units in different building levels/underground? sewer movement?? [/B][/QUOTE]

From everything I've been able to find out, CL will be a quantum leap better than SPWaW.

Search the SPWaW Forum for: 1) the things in the game that people complained about, and 2) those frustrating items which couldn't be fixed because of the limitations of the game engine. Now imagine all those things have been dealt with. That will be CL. Plus, there will be much more opportunity for the player to tweak things [I]exactly[/I] the way they want.

SPWaW is a wonderful game, and I've given it many hours of my life. I doubt I'll stop playing and designing when CL is released. But I think my feelings about it will change, probably in the same way I might feel about continuing to drive my 10-year old Honda Civic after I've bought a brand new Corvette. I'll do it from loyalty and for the nostalgia value. ;)

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 26
- 4/6/2002 4:46:52 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I want Combat Leader for the same reason while I liked Windows 3.1 (because I understood it) I use Windows XP.

Yes an oddly generous analogy that Win XP might not deserve:)

Maybe a more realistic reason is while Squad Leader was THE game to play, it was no contest that by GI Anvil of Victory the game had run its course. So buying the $*#$$%^%^*&* expensive ASL manual seemed insane (it didn't even have a game with it after all) it was definitely what I wanted.

Now of course I don't doubt that the Matrix crowd is sweating just a bit over trying to out do Steel Panthers. But considering all they have to have learned along the way in producing Steel Panthers WaW 7.1....I refuse to think Combat Leader will be "just more of the same".

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 27
- 4/6/2002 11:58:02 AM   
Randy

DON'T FORGET, THE MONEY FROM THE MC's ARE THE FUNDS USED TO SUPPLY CL! WE SHOULD ALL HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THEM.
THE MATRIX GUYS HAVE DONE ALOT TO CREATE THESE GAMES FOR OUR ENJOYMENT!! LETS SUPPORT TEAM MATRIX!

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No More Mega Campaigns! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI