Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peaking)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peaking) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peaking) - 7/23/2008 9:16:37 PM   
Andav

Howdy Folks,

I need some advise on my stock scenario 15 PBEM game with my nemesis Mr Harms. It is now June 1943 and I have noticed a gradual decline in the number of units besieging Chungking. He is down to about 2620 AV on bombardments to my 6913. I am considering an attack to try to push him out of the city. The problem is of course, while my troops are well armed with various pitch forks, hoes and rocks from the continuous bombing, they do not have much in the way of other supplies. The city has about 8K but needs 27K. Most units have some but not near enough I assume. That being said, I am thinking it is silly to attack and I should just sit behind my level 9 forts and hope the Allies break through sometime in the next couple of years. On the other hand, if it is at all possible to throw him out of the hex, I really would like to try.

Here was the last combat screen on what he has and what I have.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Walter

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Andav -- 7/23/2008 9:18:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/23/2008 9:21:14 PM   
F6frc

If you can get supplied, then I would. That would be my main effort. A second effort would be to try to cut his supply line and starve them. A little outflanking move might go a long way towards relieving the seige.

(in reply to Andav)
Post #: 2
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/23/2008 9:28:54 PM   
Andav

Other then Chungking, I only own Yunan and Chengtu. The troops in those locations are kinda busy as well.

Walter

(in reply to F6frc)
Post #: 3
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/23/2008 10:47:59 PM   
alaviner

I would sit behind the forts and try to get supplies in by air if possible and bomb his with aircraft from other bases that are supplied to keep the disruption up on his troops.

(in reply to Andav)
Post #: 4
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/23/2008 11:22:48 PM   
F6frc

You should be recovering supply at 300 / turn. If he has been bombing industry, resources, etc. you should make sure repair on those assets is turned off. Make sure replacements are off on all of the units too! Fly in supply from other bases if possible. While the situation in China isn't great for you, you should be able to turn the corner and start the counterattack.

(in reply to Andav)
Post #: 5
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/24/2008 1:14:43 AM   
niceguy2005

So, being in more or less agreement with the above posts, the answer would be probably not.  Judging from your question you realize that when you attack your 6,900 some odd points are going to drop greatly, because of low moral, poor leadership, and most of all because of supply.  At the same time his may rise.  The good news is, if you have large fortifications, you probably could attack, fail, and still not be in much trouble.

My personal strategy would be to airlift in whatever supplies you can.  Make sure you maintain air superiority over your base so he can't reduce your supplies through bombing, then counter attack through the air.  Bomb his resource centers, supply bases, etc.  That will deminish his ability to keep troops stationed forward.

...or don't sweat it because China isn't going to win the war for you anyway.  Best it can do is keep his units pinned down and keep draining his supplies.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to F6frc)
Post #: 6
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/24/2008 9:37:33 PM   
Andav

I sent one poor unit to test the defenses. The Japanese adjusted to 10761 for defense. I would be lucky to get 1 to 1 even with a Shock attack. No way this would be worth trashing my units. I will continue to hunker down and wait.

My opponent sent this in the latest turn:

"ACK!! I was just surfing the forum and saw your thread with the Mr. Harms no peaking disclaimer. I did not go into it being the honorable person that I am, but I am now very worried about what I assume is game 1 banter all discussing my demise! I already thought you were attacking!! Both Tarawa and the Timor area are seeing constant attacks from you. Are you now getting ready to retake Singapore?? Visions of disaster are now running through the Japanese High command. Emergency contingency plans are being drawn up, the Emperor is fleeing to a safe, undisclosed location. Is nowhere safe from the Allied juggernaut now? Enquiring minds in Toyko want to know…."

I think I will keep posting questions just to mess with him.

Walter

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 7
RE: So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peak... - 7/24/2008 9:45:36 PM   
bradfordkay

Chunking, being an urban hex, has a 4X multiplier for defensive purposes - it applies to either side in the hex, not just the one in possession of the base.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Andav)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> So is this a good time to attack? (Mr Harms no peaking) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI