Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

screen resolutions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> screen resolutions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
screen resolutions? - 7/24/2008 8:09:37 PM   
grimmstede

Does this game handle widescreen resolutions or play in a window?
Post #: 1
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/24/2008 8:14:36 PM   
Erik Rutins

This game supports a Windowed mode, but it does not natively support higher resolutions than 1024x768. The full screen mode will scale and the windowed mode prevents that scaling, but does not allow you to maximize it to the desktop size. As with other games, it looks fine scaled up on a large display or higher resolution, you just won't get to see more of the map as you would if it supported the higher widescreen resolutions.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to grimmstede)
Post #: 2
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/25/2008 6:50:47 AM   
JanSorensen

That is a clear mistake if you ask me. All new games should support higher resolutions by showing more of the map. 1024x768 makes grown men cry when viewed on newer monitors capeable of much more.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/25/2008 11:59:39 AM   
Redmarkus5

I second that!  Lack of screen resolution support is now a factor that causes me to hesitate when thinking about investing in a game.

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 4
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/25/2008 12:07:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSorensen
All new games should support higher resolutions by showing more of the map.

We agree in principle, but in reality it's not always that easy. Our goal is to continue encouraging higher resolution support in all our future releases, but it's also not a reason to hold a release if everything else is fine.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 5
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/25/2008 2:38:47 PM   
Redmarkus5

Hi Erik, no offence because I enjoy almost all of your games and really respect the way you communicate with the user base via the forums, but even TOAW, which must be 7-8 years old now, supports multiple resolutions and looks great on my widescreen.  It's hard for a simple consumer like myself to fork out money for a new game that's going to look horrible on a modern display.  At a minimum, I would want to hear a commitment by the devs to support higher resolutions and a firm release/date in which we could expect that enhancement before I buy.

Post #: 6
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/25/2008 2:54:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4
Hi Erik, no offence because I enjoy almost all of your games and really respect the way you communicate with the user base via the forums, but even TOAW, which must be 7-8 years old now, supports multiple resolutions and looks great on my widescreen.

TOAW was actuallyl designed to make it possible to support that from the beginning - much credit to Norm on that. On the flipside there are a lot more games that are based on older engines that still don't have that support, for the simple reason that it requires a brand new engine in many cases.

quote:

It's hard for a simple consumer like myself to fork out money for a new game that's going to look horrible on a modern display.  At a minimum, I would want to hear a commitment by the devs to support higher resolutions and a firm release/date in which we could expect that enhancement before I buy.

Understood - however, one thing I want to address is that fact that it does not look horrible at all on a modern display. I play all our games on a modern widescreen display and I find that all of them look good. The main thing I miss is not being able to see more map area on those that don't support higher resolutions natively.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 7
RE: screen resolutions? - 7/25/2008 2:56:54 PM   
Redmarkus5

OK, thanks Erik.  Based on past experience I plan to download the game tomorrow and give it a try.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> screen resolutions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI