Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool - 7/22/2008 11:57:43 PM   
mbsports

Good Evening,

Well here's what's new in the good ole' MB Football world. I'm working on a player randomizer that will create players for the CIS League that I'm looking to start. Basically it uses some waited randomization in order to produce drag and drop players that can be shuffled right into the DB.

That's not all that interesting right off the bat but am also putting in some regional information, academic information and prestige information so that each player will have their own feelings about where they'd like to attend. Then of course you'll be able to put in a recruiting figure for each school and biggity boom, biggity bam - you learn where exactly said player would like to attend.

Might be able to roll this out as an excel spreadsheet however it will have about 30-40 tabs that it feeds off of so it'll be cumbersome, but effective for running.
Post #: 1
RE: CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool - 7/23/2008 1:44:33 AM   
Mykal

Kewl, sounds great

think that'll be a fantastic addition, excellent man

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 2
RE: CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool - 7/25/2008 10:10:42 PM   
ohcanada

That would be outstanding!!!

Rick

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 3
RE: CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool - 7/27/2008 1:21:55 AM   
Tbird

Will it work for any league?

if so
I can't wait

(in reply to ohcanada)
Post #: 4
RE: CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool - 7/27/2008 3:43:25 AM   
mbsports

The biggest issue is in copying and pasting and converting into the format for MaxFB.  I know this is a shock but there's tons of useless garbage inside the db format structure that needs to be duplicated in the excel format. 

Overall it does a nice job of generating players in a college setting.  You could pull everything out for the pros too if you wish.  It's set up with a bell curve like distribution of ratings so that you do get some low guys, more mid guys, and then a few guys that are elite.  I'm testing it with my CIS league that I'm working on starting up so a season or two simulating that and we should know if what it's doing is accurate.

I have it set to look at every player for each of the 27 universities in CIS, the issue is that one has to go in by hand and look at the # of available scholarships/position needs/etc. etc. for each school.

I may go a slightly different way for college though, part of what I'm trying to do is to determine some Academic standards for each school.  That way you couldn't just offer a scholarship if you were a top academic program to anyone. 

It's a cluster, but one I'll be fighting thru over the next few weeks.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 5
RE: CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool - 7/27/2008 11:07:18 AM   
Mykal

Well I was lucky enough to get a sneek peek of this
I can tell ya' MB has done a ton of work on it..............MB you must be a machine
Its quite a complexed document but at first look looks really good (he's pretty much covered all aspects already)
I cant wait for the final draft

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 6
Randomization Development - 8/24/2008 12:50:11 AM   
mbsports

Well with the MBCIS Rosters Posted I decided I needed to take another look at my randomizer.  Here's why
Does it randomize - yeah
Is it consistent - yeah
Is it way to freaking consistent - uh yeah

If you look you'll see there's not a whole lot of variation on the players even though there are bunch of different ways<over 100 for every position> that they are built.

What seemed to be missing was some sort of synergism for player types.  So the solution for the moment that I'm testing is different types of player.  Be it a Pocket Passer or a Scrambling QB every player now has a tendancy that keys up with their position and then affects their ratings for each of the categories. 

Every position has it's own subset of categories so for instance we have pocket passers and run first passers.

Now this doesn't come into play and just throw the randomization that was previously established out the window - it's a tweak and it changes things just enough so that there is more variance in the player types.

So with that settled to a degree that I think is workable I've been focusing on the Recruiting aspect.  One of the things here is that you can't do it without a human being, so that's a bit of a bummer but what you walk away with is some sort of realization that there have to be boundaries for the different schools.  If a team is getting a benefit for being an academic powerhouse then a student who wants to go there with a 2.2 GPA(yes I'm using the American 4.0 Scale for this) they may not be able to go to the college of their choice.  There also is the realization that if you have McGill, UBC, or the University of Toronto you'll have a different academic requirement then Queen's or Bishop's or Acadia.  The way I have outlined this is that the minimum GPA to play is 2.0.  Each university also has a GPA Requirement, so McGill you could only admit a student with a 3.10 GPA where as St. Francis Xavier you're pretty much opening the doors on an individual student basis.  Now even though you may be able to allow in a 2.0 student there you shouldn't be able to load up the roster with em', so each team also has a GPA average that they must meet. For instance at St. Francis you have a 2.0 GPA minimum but you must have a 2.45 average GPA for your signing class.  This requires the team to be created not only with the best football decisions but with decisions that factor into the university as a whole.  In addition if you continue to recruit smart players it will increase your academic score so that in the future players who have a preference for a strong academic instituion will be more likely to attend that school.

Good Times.

MBFL - MB Sports Net - Simulated NFL, AFL, CFL, NFL-E

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 7
RE: Randomization Development - 8/24/2008 2:10:00 AM   
Mykal

Woooow, all very complexed
but brilliant, think I'm following the jist of it.

This is gonna be a great league to play in

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> CIS Player Randomizer and Recruiting Tool Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI