Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game hang-up bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> game hang-up bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game hang-up bug - 10/5/2000 12:01:00 AM   
Ismael

in 4.2, in the ww2 campaign, after selecting all the core units and after selecting support units, if the mouse is moved to the unit list, the game freezes and requires ctl-alt-del to free the computer. running on a 500 MHz dell laptop w/256M RAM. ------------------

Post #: 1
- 10/5/2000 1:09:00 AM   
Schrullenhaft

Is this the only place you get hangs in SPWAW ? Can you play any scenarios or have you tried any other campaigns ?

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 2
- 10/5/2000 2:06:00 AM   
GI Joe

I had that same problem too after having upgraded v2.3 to v.40 to v4.1 and finally to v4.2. I went ahead and removed SPWAW from system and did a clean install with the complete v4.1 and pathced to v4.2 and have not had problems. If you have a fast internet connection I believe that is your best bet... joe

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 3
- 10/5/2000 6:25:00 AM   
Captn_Jack

I was getting all kinds of lock-ups in game play, set-up, you name it. I removed all hardware acceleration for the video card and changed the swap file to the largest partition (free space) on the hd making it all available for Windows. So far, I have not had anymore lock-ups. Even got to play my first online game. Worked great! Might work for you too. CJ

M(1)&M(9)'s...they melt in your tank...not in your hand!

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 4
- 10/5/2000 12:00:00 PM   
Ismael

thanks for the replies! great game! scenarios work, everything off line works except it hangs up on the ww2 campaign after selection of the core units and after selection of the support units; but only if i move the mouse pointer to the last support platoon on the unit list. i dont have to click the mouse, just move it there. so now i am very careful when selecting the support units! i was just wondering if anyone else had this bug. good gaming ------------------

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 5
- 10/5/2000 12:34:00 PM   
Captn_Jack

Hehehe....Guess I spoke too much too soon...I tried the Campaign and mine does exactly the same thing...haven't figured this one out yet...I did make it to the deploy screen once....:-( CJ

M(1)&M(9)'s...they melt in your tank...not in your hand!

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 6
- 10/5/2000 12:51:00 PM   
crazyivan

yes i to have tried to load as ww2 campiagn selected core units highlited last unit that i purchased all is fine .then selected core units highlited last unit i bought with mouse curser and the game froze had to alt del out this is the first time since i have played this game that this has happened .top game guys i won't put my mouse near the unit agian althoug if you want to delete it to replace it with a another it could be a frustrating bug.thanks for yur good work

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 7
- 10/5/2000 2:33:00 PM   
Steel Thunder

Hello I have the same bug as Ismael, I mentioned it at the OOB-bugs here! -topic but I haven't had answer why it happened. I upgraded 2.3 to 4.1 and to 4.2. I download complete ver4.1. Try it today if it correct the bug. Steel Thunder

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 8
- 10/6/2000 12:02:00 AM   
Ismael

i reloaded 4.1 and upgraded to 4.2, the bug is still there.

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 9
- 10/6/2000 12:54:00 AM   
Schrullenhaft

This is a really "if-fy" guess, but what mouse driver are you using ? Do you have any of your mouse buttons programmed for something in particular ? I'll have to try this out myself and see if I can duplicate the problem too. It's possible that it may be some sort of minor corruption in your files, but I come to doubt it. It would seem to be a bug at this point, but if everyone can't duplicate it, then it will be problematic to fix it.

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 10
- 10/8/2000 4:13:00 AM   
crazyivan

Schrullenhaft did you find out if it is the mouse drivers or not i have changed mine and still the same thing happens

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Ismael)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> game hang-up bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI