Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need fresh meat!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Opponents Wanted >> Need fresh meat! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need fresh meat! - 7/29/2008 7:37:23 PM   
JAMiAM

Me: Union Player.

You: Confederate Player, high degree of skill, or willing to be kicked around like a red-headed stepchild. Preferably both...

The Game: 1861 scenario, historical leaders, FoW, Corps Sub-Commanders.

Any interested parties, please contact by PM, and replying in this thread.

I'm hungry now that Jon (PyleDriver) has had to call our game in April 1863, just as I was set to gobble up the Trans-Mississippi. He's got a good excuse in that he's needed for Alpha-testing War in Russia, but damn if my stomach isn't grumbing...
Post #: 1
RE: Need fresh meat! - 7/30/2008 3:09:37 AM   
Habbaku

PM sent.

"Man is rather stupid than wicked."

Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 2
RE: Need fresh meat! - 7/30/2008 4:31:19 AM   
JAMiAM

Thanks! Email reply sent, so you know where to find me...

(in reply to Habbaku)
Post #: 3
RE: Need fresh meat! - 8/1/2008 4:34:31 PM   
Berkut

If there was ever a match in need of an AAR< it is this one. I know Habs is a good Southern player, and I know Jam is a good Union player...I want to see how this plays out!

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 4
RE: Need fresh meat! - 8/1/2008 4:56:56 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Berkut

If there was ever a match in need of an AAR< it is this one. I know Habs is a good Southern player, and I know Jam is a good Union player...I want to see how this plays out!

I've been too tied up to do justice to an AAR for this game, though I wish I had. Just don't ask Habs about Humbolt. It wasn't pretty...

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 5
RE: Need fresh meat! - 8/1/2008 6:25:44 PM   
Berkut

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

I've been too tied up to do justice to an AAR for this game, though I wish I had. Just don't ask Habs about Humbolt. It wasn't pretty...

Hehe, of course that means I had to ask him. 15-1 casualties. Wow. That is a rather unfortunate side effect of the combat system.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 6
RE: Need fresh meat! - 8/1/2008 6:48:17 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

Hehe, of course that means I had to ask him. 15-1 casualties. Wow. That is a rather unfortunate side effect of the combat system.

No, it is a rather unfortunate side effect of a number of mistakes made on his part, coupled with a bit of bad luck. Bad luck in his best local corps leader, Taylor, getting hit in the preliminary shore bombardment. Mistakes in having his Corps understaffed, Bragg facing Grant, almost all of his units unsupplied, not scouting my forces (raiding instead), and not reacting to the battle with sufficient countering force (though it could be said that if the rest of his local troops were OOS, then it would be best not to throw them into the fire, too). In effect, a massively outnumbered, starving, and poorly led army was caught completely by surprise, both tactical and operational, and surrendered.

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 7
RE: Need fresh meat! - 8/1/2008 7:21:22 PM   
Berkut

Ahhh, he didn't mention that they were OOS. I just figured someone rolled really, really badly. 

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 8
RE: Need fresh meat! - 8/1/2008 7:49:46 PM   
Habbaku

Yep; it's been a while since I last played the South either in SP or MP, so I forgot the finesse required and, more unfortunately, have gotten used to the Union's supply preponderance which makes the scouting issue worse as I couldn't actually afford the proper amount of cavalry needed.  My raiding instead of scouting was mostly an attempt to grab what supply I could to get more cavalry conversions.  I highly doubt I'd make the supply error again, though I could've sworn I determined as much as I needed properly.

It doesn't help that I'm not all that accustomed to playing with CSCs, either, but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

"Man is rather stupid than wicked."

Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 9
RE: Need fresh meat! - 9/5/2008 11:56:18 PM   
Harvey Birdman

Jamiam

I'm willing to be kicked around like a red-headed stepchild.

Hopefully I can play like the red headed brat in Problem Child.

problem child you tube video

Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 10
RE: Need fresh meat! - 9/6/2008 2:24:40 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harvey Birdman

Jamiam

I'm willing to be kicked around like a red-headed stepchild.

Hopefully I can play like the red headed brat in Problem Child.

problem child you tube video

You're on. Send me a starter file. Here's my addy.

iamjamiam AT yahoo DOT com

I am going to be pretty busy this weekend, so we may get off to a slow start. I should be able to do about a turn a day afterward. Are you interested in any house rules for Kentucky/Neutrals, or is it "anything goes"? I can go either way. Just let me know.

(in reply to Harvey Birdman)
Post #: 11
RE: Need fresh meat! - 9/6/2008 3:20:11 AM   
Harvey Birdman

Sorry I was on the phone a long time. Email sent.

Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 12
RE: Need fresh meat! - 9/9/2008 5:48:33 AM   
Harvey Birdman

Just about got turn 1 finished. Didn't have much free time on Sunday.

Gonna sleep on decisions about ?
Production will be a snap.

Probably send it in the afternoon.

I like playing like molasses In January.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Opponents Wanted >> Need fresh meat! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI