Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jumping to Challenging Level

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Jumping to Challenging Level Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jumping to Challenging Level - 7/31/2008 1:56:03 PM   
jcrohio

I have played two games (one Union one Confederacy) at normal with the fog of war setting on. My first game as the Confederacy (after a couple of trial starts to get used to the game) I won in November 1864 with a score of 1800 to -50 (or something like that). My second game as the Union I won in May of 1865 with a score of 1400 to -50 (or something like that). While both games were fun, in neither game did I ever feel like I was going to loose.

I am now half way through a game as the Confederates with the Challenging level (still fog of war and I used the CSC option). What a difference. In the first game as the Confereates the Union simply never got going - Lee dominated the West and eventually Jackson dominated the East. There were huge battles in Paducah (spelling?) and Manassas every 4 or 5 turns that the Conferates never lost. There were a couple of token landings in the deep South but they never went anywhere and when the game ended I was in the process of rooting them all out. My current game as the South is a completely different situation. The North is much more aggressive. I have already (early 1863) lost most of Tennesse and half of Virginia. There are landing all up and down the coast including one big build up of troops in Georgia which I have no troops to counter. I never would have dreamed that a +1 modifer could be so powerfull (I know there is a supply modifier but I don't think that has as dramatic effect on the Union as it will on the South). Anyway, enjoying the game and enjoying the jump in levels. I am looking forward to trying this level with the North.

Jack

Post #: 1
RE: Jumping to Challenging Level - 8/1/2008 2:51:43 PM   
Berkut

When you are done "training", set up a PBEM game with someone, and prepare to forget most of what the single player game has taught you. :)

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Jumping to Challenging Level - 8/2/2008 4:51:06 PM   
JanSorensen

Initiative bonus is what makes the larger change for the north.
Supply bonus is what makes the larger change for the south.
Both imho.

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Jumping to Challenging Level Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI