Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Royal Navy sacrifices itself in Amsterdam (WaW 30)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Royal Navy sacrifices itself in Amsterdam (WaW 30) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Royal Navy sacrifices itself in Amsterdam (WaW 30) - 8/2/2008 10:48:02 PM   
mcv

I'm currently trying WaW 30 (not the most recent version, I know), and something funny just happened:

I play the western Blitz card, attack the Low Countries, invade France, and reach the outskirts of Paris. But I don't leave a garrison on Amsterdam. On his turn, the AI counter attacks, taking Amsterdam with a few weak infrantry divisions, and parks his fleet with 6 Battleships and lots of other ships there. On my next turn, I retake Amsterdam, and he loses what must have been a sizable chunk of his Atlantic fleet.

Now, I admire the AI's ability to counter attack (most turn-based AI is really crap at attacking), but wouldn't it perhaps be slightly more sensible if he didn't put a huge fleet in a vulnerable spot without bring adequate defenses?

By the way, is there the text that explains the special rules at the start of the game (the various victory conditions, cards to be played, special units, etc) availlable somewhere? I just played the Vichy card, and now I have no idea if I should invade Yugoslavia or England, or wait for some card that does it for me. And quitting and restarting the scenario every time is a bit tedious.
Post #: 1
RE: Royal Navy sacrifices itself in Amsterdam (WaW 30) - 8/4/2008 10:48:14 PM   
tweber

When you open a scenario, there is a briefing on the right side of the window that should have the scenario specific rules. The notes on the WAW scenario are a bit long so you will have to scroll down. You many want to copy & paste and then print out as I put down things that happen in each of the phases of the war.

Once the scenario is started, you can read the briefing and the variants chosen by going to statistics and then briefing.

Finally, there is no special card to invade the UK and Yugoslavia. You will have to pick one or both courses of action and then do it conventionally. Good luck and have fun.

(in reply to mcv)
Post #: 2
RE: Royal Navy sacrifices itself in Amsterdam (WaW 30) - 8/4/2008 11:20:20 PM   
mcv

quote:

ORIGINAL: tweber

When you open a scenario, there is a briefing on the right side of the window that should have the scenario specific rules. The notes on the WAW scenario are a bit long so you will have to scroll down. You many want to copy & paste and then print out as I put down things that happen in each of the phases of the war.

Does that work for you? I tried to cut and paste, but I can't select that text.

quote:

Once the scenario is started, you can read the briefing and the variants chosen by going to statistics and then briefing.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

quote:

Finally, there is no special card to invade the UK and Yugoslavia. You will have to pick one or both courses of action and then do it conventionally.

I'm currently invading the UK with only three units (SMG and lots of mortars). That's all my fleet could carry, but London contains mostly air units and staff, so I think it should be enough. The rest of my army is racing east and southeast to reinforce the border (need to keep pace with the soviets), and to invade Yugoslavia with the assistance of Italy.

By the way, I love building SS Panzer Divisions in this scenario. Nice touch.

My current problem is: I originally selected to play both Germany and Japan, and just entered the war, but I really don't care much about the Pacific theatre at the moment. Is there a way to switch it to AI during the game?

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Royal Navy sacrifices itself in Amsterdam (WaW 30) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI