Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Some feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> RE: Some feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Some feedback - 8/6/2008 4:08:13 PM   
Mickrocks201

True - Iceland did totally severed ties with Denmark in May '41, but had been occupied by the Brits since May '40 and by US Marines in May '41. Whether or not the occupiers were "invited" or not really doesn't matter - it was too important to Britain's survival. Technically it should automatically revert to Allied control as soon as Denmark is invaded, or at least force Britain to spend a few dip points ( make Iceland start the game 15/95 pro-allied). Also it would have been nice to have Iceland be within 40 hexes of US so it could be used as a northern "air bridge" to move air units from US to Britain.

(in reply to haki10)
Post #: 31
RE: Some feedback - 8/6/2008 4:51:48 PM   
haki10

Iceland gained independence in 1918.

historically it remained neutral during WWII - even after the allied occupation - which was not by invitation

after the british invaded the:
"the government of Iceland issued a protest, charging that the neutrality of Iceland had been "flagrantly violated" and "its independence infringed"

So it should remain neutral in the game even if Denmark conquered by Germany. if the game is to be historical at all.

(in reply to Mickrocks201)
Post #: 32
RE: Some feedback - 8/6/2008 8:05:09 PM   
winky51

yea but simplicity either they should be 95% toward allied or neutral with no forces to be invaded.

(in reply to haki10)
Post #: 33
RE: Some feedback - 8/6/2008 9:17:15 PM   
Rodwell

I think this thread has degenerated, but the Iclandic government protests were for show only (i.e. for German ears). Iceland very much welcomed the UK and US).

Summary: please document as well as possible the creation of scenarios so that different people with different views can create their own scenarios.

(in reply to winky51)
Post #: 34
RE: Some feedback - 8/7/2008 11:48:28 AM   
haki10

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rodwell

*Iceland was not an independent country, but part of Denmark. For WWII purposes, it can be part of the UK or the US if one prefers.

My point was (and still is) that this statement of Rodwell is wrong.

(in reply to Rodwell)
Post #: 35
RE: Some feedback - 8/7/2008 9:09:22 PM   
Widell

My recommendation is that Iceland and Greenland become Allied (if the US is at war with the Axis) or US (if US is still out of the war) once Denmark surrender to Germany. One can discuss if this event is a 100% event, or a 99% event... I know this is not a correct description of the actual historical event, but for the purpose of allowing the game to illustrate the strategic impact of the German occupation of Denmark and the subsequent impact of giving US and the Allies access to bases on Greenland and Iceland, it's good enough, and will also not create a lot of detailed management of Iceland as a minor state, and Greenland caught in "ownership limbo" when/if Denmark is occupied.

(in reply to haki10)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> RE: Some feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI