Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PDF Manual To Be Updated?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> PDF Manual To Be Updated? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/7/2008 10:23:13 PM   
LarryP

I would like to print the manual out ASAP, but if there will be an updated PDF reflecting the patch additions and changes, I will wait. Should I wait, or go for it?

Post #: 1
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/9/2008 3:17:08 PM   
LarryP

This post has been here for two days now. What's it take to get an answer???!!!

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 2
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/9/2008 3:45:48 PM   
LuckyJim1006

I appreciate your frustrations - but to be honest this game is not that complicated. I would suggest printing it out and then just annotate it manually with references to patch notes you can print out and add as an appendix.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 3
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/9/2008 5:44:17 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: LuckyJim1006

I appreciate your frustrations - but to be honest this game is not that complicated. I would suggest printing it out and then just annotate it manually with references to patch notes you can print out and add as an appendix.

I know this game is not that complicated, however I like to have a manual for all the games I play. I don't need the manual to play well, but I like to have it.

In the past when there have been several patches, Matrix has posted addendums to the PDF and they have also revised the manual itself. I just want an answer to which it will be so I don't waste paper and ink.

I printed out the entire Forge Of Freedom manual and with all the changes through patches, it is practically useless in many places. I don't want to do that again.

(in reply to LuckyJim1006)
Post #: 4
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/9/2008 10:40:43 PM   
doomtrader

I don't think that with this patch new manual will come.
Probably with another one (or two), some worth to mention changes are going to be implemented, so it might be wise to wait for a while with printing ;)

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 5
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/10/2008 11:01:05 AM   
Marc von Martial

We usually provide a PDF document with the patch that lists all the fixes, additions and changes.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/10/2008 3:16:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

Larry,

As Marc said, there will be a change list but not a manual update. We update the full manual infrequently.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 7
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/10/2008 3:43:11 PM   
LarryP

doomtrader, Marc, and Erik;

Thanks for the replies! I'm sorry I got huffy above. Shame on me.

I will do like LuckyJim1006 said above and print it now, then print the addendums when they arrive as an appendix.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/10/2008 4:02:37 PM   
doomtrader

No problem, I like printed manuals too :)

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 9
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/10/2008 7:31:45 PM   
LuckyJim1006

Larry, apologies if my post sounded condescending, didn't mean it to be that way

I too love a printed manual but with the advent of downloaded patches I have reluctantly realized that paper manuals become out of date way to quickly.

Anyone else of a certain age remember board wargames coming with 'addendum' to the manual. I recall SPI's Air War having an addendum almost as long as the manual.

Chris

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 10
RE: PDF Manual To Be Updated? - 8/10/2008 8:00:57 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: LuckyJim1006

Larry, apologies if my post sounded condescending, didn't mean it to be that way

I too love a printed manual but with the advent of downloaded patches I have reluctantly realized that paper manuals become out of date way to quickly.

Anyone else of a certain age remember board wargames coming with 'addendum' to the manual. I recall SPI's Air War having an addendum almost as long as the manual.

Chris

Chris, yeah I took it a little that way at first. However, I keep telling myself when I read posts on the Internet, I can't see the persons facial expressions so I best give them the benefit of the doubt. It's so easy to offend here in the forums and I get in trouble like that too often. I never mean to offend anybody, but I do. We only have printed words to go by and that makes it very blind.

You are correct in how to go about the manual. Then when the patches come, I will print out the changes and store them in the back under Appendix or Patches.

I've received what's called Errata sheets that list all of the changes, especially with programming books. They have errata sheets several pages long that correct misprints since publication.

Thanks for your post!

(in reply to LuckyJim1006)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> PDF Manual To Be Updated? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI