Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating stadiums

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> Creating stadiums Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating stadiums - 8/11/2008 3:19:47 PM   
bneil

I've just downloaded TrueSpace. How does one use it to create a stadium or edit an existing one? I imagine there isn't an easy answer to this question but any help will be appreciated.

http://www.tigers2kx.net/index.html home of the AAFL

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Creating stadiums - 8/11/2008 4:11:54 PM   
Mykal

Its really an impossible task to try teach someone hoe to use truespace on this media

Truespace comes complete with a downloadable manual
and a few video's to show you how it works

You'll just have to plod your way through them brother.

You aint alone, I downloaded Truespace sometime ago and as of yet
havnt even tried building a stadium of my own

(in reply to bneil)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating stadiums - 8/11/2008 5:34:34 PM   
therhino

Game Space is easier than TrueSpace, but there site is down now so you can't download it. The best way to learn True Space is to watch the videos or read the manuals. After you have watched the videos and somewhat understand you should follow these steps. Gary Sorrel made this and this is how I figured it out. I hope this will help.

quote:

ORIGINAL:  garysorrell
Well, it just isnt as easy as making a tutorial. You would need to familiarize yourself with Gamespace Light.
Then, a tutorial would kick in.
Or, as in my case, I build the models with Blender and texture in Gamespace.
I can tell you from(limited)experience, that stadiums for Max are VERY simple to build. Not necessarily quick, but very simple.
Most of them are basically a series of cubes and planes, which are simple to work with and texture.
During the course of building a couple, I have learned quite a bit about modeling with gamespace, so soon I will be able to cut out the Blender part.
I stress familiarization with Gamespace, simply because that keeps the tutorial writer from having to teach that from scratch also.
Gamespace light is free and there is a manual floating around that will help explain some things, but you need to horse around with gamespace and get used to where things are and what they do.
3D modeling isnt really hard, it just has a bit of a learning curve you have to move beyond. But once past that, im telling you, it really isnt hard. Now, getting good at it is a different story. I can build ANY thing in a 3D program, but it will look like garbage...im not good yet.
***However, I am thinking of making a basic tutorial on how to build a stadium, but it would be based on the user already knowing Gamespace basics***

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating stadiums - 8/12/2008 1:29:50 AM   
garysorrell

Any tutorial will give you the needed info on building a stadium. Finish a tutorial or two and familiarize yourself with Truespace and building a stadium for MaxFB wont be a problem.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> Creating stadiums Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI