Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General Hoepner....??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> General Hoepner....?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General Hoepner....?? - 8/11/2008 7:59:55 PM   
trollelite

Has anyone heard about him? Last time we met, we discussed euro cup, but since then he doesn't appear anymore. Now I again find some time for game, so I would like to hear what happens to him? Cannot find any his AAR updated either. Or he retreated from game once again?
Post #: 1
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/11/2008 8:29:32 PM   
trollelite

BTW, just ask another thing. Is there any way to change pw now? 

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 2
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/11/2008 8:34:49 PM   
Feinder

Change password for the forums?  Or for a PBEM game?

For a PBEM game, no, there is no way to change the password for it.  If you're getting a new opponenent for a game in progress, you have to get the password from your old opponenent, and/or have him mail that password to your new opponent.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 3
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/11/2008 9:38:37 PM   
Mynok

The General has been missing for a while........

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 4
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 6:31:27 AM   
bradfordkay

The last I heard his computer had suffered a lightning strike. One would think that a lawyer would have enough cash to buy a replacement, but - then again - it could be that those fashion models he likes to date are eating up (figuratively, not literally, since we all know that they eat nothing in the way of food!) his spare cash...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 5
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 7:23:20 AM   
goodboyladdie

Hopefully AE will cause many old friends to return (some time in the future...)

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 6
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 7:46:40 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

The last I heard his computer had suffered a lightning strike. One would think that a lawyer would have enough cash to buy a replacement, but - then again - it could be that those fashion models he likes to date are eating up (figuratively, not literally, since we all know that they eat nothing in the way of food!) his spare cash...

lol

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 7
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 11:28:32 AM   
1275psi

Ag uy who abandons two games without even trying to contact us on these forums is either

a/ seriously dead or hurt

b/ not the sort of person we need to come back with AE

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 8
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 11:34:08 AM   
Nomad

disregard.

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 9
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 12:46:33 PM   
Nemo121

*chuckle* Oh I'd MUCH rather have General Hoepner than people who abandon games but give all manner of spurious reasons.... Instead of just saying "I'm losing so I'm going to quit". At least that's honest.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 10
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 12:57:37 PM   
DW

I haven't seen General Hoepner posting since someone made him stop writing his AAR.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 11
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 2:15:51 PM   
trollelite

Wow, that's too bad. Seems woman once more capture  him, but this is my guess...

We have agreed once the unpleasant argument passed by then his aar should be resumed. We even opened another game. I don't mind to see his aar resumed, and I would promise not to ask it to stop anymore, should he once again break free from woman...

Nemo, I am sorry for our game. But you see, I really had no time then. Declare yourself victor if that suits you, but remember there is no saying "I'm losing so I'm going to quit". It's you who got his nose stung in certain place.  If you want our game to continue then I don't care about causing more trouble to you, though I don't like your mod quite well. But it is all your choice. I decide not to launch any new game. So now I try to pick up one of my delayed game. If not possible then I perhaps would follow GH's case to spend my holidays elsewhere. That's that.

(in reply to DW)
Post #: 12
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 3:01:10 PM   
Nemo121

Oh Troll? I who "got my nose stung"? Pray tell where? I don't really remember any stinging Japanese losses in the few days you managed to play before becoming too busy for further turns. Perhaps your memory is failing you?

As to me being a victor? No, but it was nice to have you prove a hypothesis.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 13
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 4:02:40 PM   
trollelite

You yourself claimed" I am losing..." bla bla bla, so I suppose you say me? Or this "I" perhaps reserved for yourself? Bah, I should see from the beginning you are in no mood for a serious game. All you want is trying to humiliate me, try to "teach him a lesson", serve as  crusade champion for some guys in this forum. Try to call me hypothesis if that makes you happy, but this doesn't really worth your time .  Why we couldn't be more friendly each other is beyond me, since I never had any argument with you.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 14
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 4:15:02 PM   
trollelite

Nemo, It's too bad to see you still hostile toward me. Anyone with his eyes could see who launch attack first in my post. I don't want to continue this anymore. Find your pleasure otherwhere.  I really forget many things, almost confusing your ID with someone other's. All I want to see is if possible to continue my existing games. Now at least I find answer in your case.  So it's meaningless to continue this stupidity anymore. Just find your please otherwhere.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 15
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 6:50:51 PM   
Nemo121

Seeing as you admit to being forgetful let me clear it up for you ---- It is pretty difficult to be "losing" as Japan ( except in a metaphorical long-term sense ) when one's opponent only plays 3 or 4 turns.

I wish you the best of luck in future games but I DO hope that people know wht they are getting into when they play you. So long as they know what they're getting into it's all good.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 16
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/12/2008 8:44:22 PM   
bobogoboom

here we go again.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 17
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/13/2008 1:10:30 AM   
Gem35

The OP just asked a simple question, why do you always start trouble nemo?
Have a drink/smoke/whatever else helps you relax.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to bobogoboom)
Post #: 18
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/13/2008 1:13:40 PM   
Nemo121

Gem35,

You are obviously unfamiliar with Trollelite's conduct in the game with Gen Hoepner. I suggest that before you offer opinions you read the AAR and educate yourself before commenting on who is being unreasonable. You'll find several threads discussing the demands Trollelite made of Hoepner during the AAR - including ordering Hoepner to abandon his own AAR when Trollelite didn't like what was being written in it.

So, please educate yourself a bit about the situation first before opening your mouth and sticking your foot in it.

As to always starting trouble... Well, if you look most of my posts are to my AAR or to offer advice to others with specific strategic etc. Sure sometimes I disagree with others but I thought that the whole reason behind your family and mine fighting for freedom in various wars was so that we would have the freedom to disagree with eachother without falling to labelling the other person as a troublemaker who should be "silenced". So, yeah I disagree with others when I have a different view but I pity you if disagreeing equates to "starting trouble" in your mind.

< Message edited by Nemo121 -- 8/13/2008 1:18:09 PM >

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 19
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/13/2008 1:17:28 PM   
Gem35

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

Gem35,

You are obviously unfamiliar with Trollelite's conduct in the game with Gen Hoepner. I suggest that before you offer opinions you read the AAR and educate yourself before commenting on who is being unreasonable. You'll find several threads discussing the demands Trollelite made of Hoepner during the AAR - including ordering Hoepner to abandon his own AAR when Trollelite didn't like what was being written in it.

So, please educate yourself a bit about the situation first before opening your mouth and sticking your foot in it.

I am well aware of that OLD thread and to be honest, that was between those two who appear to have worked out their differences.
Nobody else seems to care either.
Let's move on shall we?
Educate yourself on forum conduct and stop being a troll, sir.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 20
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/13/2008 1:22:57 PM   
Nemo121

Gem35,

Actually it is still you who are misinformed. I played a game against Troll which he abandoned after just a couple of days --- after being caught reading my private AAR several times. So, yeah, when he comes here talking about restarting old games it does involve me - as you should know if you were as abreast of information as you claim.

I'm not going to play him BUT I do think that people have a right to be warned about someone who disappears after a few days of play if they're going to invest a significant amount of time in doing up a first turn OR who makes all manner of demands once the game has started ( Hoepner's AAR and the reactions of MANY forum members there show that people did care at the time ).

Frankly I don't care what you think of this but I do care to let people who mightn't have been around at that time ( and new people join here all the time ) have fair warning of what they might be getting into if they engage in a game with Trollelite.

< Message edited by Nemo121 -- 8/13/2008 1:25:23 PM >

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 21
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/13/2008 11:06:24 PM   
trollelite

I don't further quarrel with nemo. Just one point, I didn't sneak into his AAR. If I was so obsessed with his game, why should I quit after a few turns? I have already told him several times, that I had few time for game then. That's why I didn't seek any new game after GH's lightning disaster. But he chooses to turn a deaf ear, and continued to spit out all poison as he likes.

Now just give u one advice, nemo. Perhaps you should go to check your own mental health, for your continous babbling provides more than enough evidence for what we could trully defined as "hypothesis".  As a doctor I am sure your colleague would happily give you some kind of preferential price. Don't miss this chance, before your mental health deteriorates so that you cannot even find the way to hospital.

As for others, I thank your advice. I am sorry for GH's aar, perhaps I was too hard to him. If he wanted to go back to game we would make this a more healthy one.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 22
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/13/2008 11:22:03 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: trollelite

Just one point, I didn't sneak into his AAR.

Now I'm curious - how did your username show up several times viewing his AAR thread?

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 23
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/14/2008 2:55:42 AM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Now I'm curious - how did your username show up several times viewing his AAR thread?

He didn't "sneak," he boldly entered and said he didn't understand why he couldn't.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 24
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/14/2008 7:36:57 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

lol! And I thought Marky would have been the only one going into the AAR of his opponent...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 25
RE: General Hoepner....?? - 8/14/2008 3:16:32 PM   
jwilkerson

Well I think the original poster's question was answered in the first 4-5 posts - since then we have gone down hill - farther and faster than normal - serving no useful purpose.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> General Hoepner....?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI