Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question on Patch 104!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> A question on Patch 104! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 2:23:53 PM   
Miamieagle

A read a post by Jason saying that Patch 104 will be release in a few weeks. Could you give us a list of what will included in this Patch please!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 8/13/2008 2:24:02 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 4:04:45 PM   
Jason Petho

1. Assault Rules have been enhanced and are now Optional.

2. Vsibility Rules have been enhanced and are now Optional.

3. Dutch OOB for West Front has a HUGE update for 1940.

4. A series of Curt Cabbage's scenarios have been added to Rising Sun. 24, I believe, is the total.

5. Complete revising of all OOB's where issues were found. Thank you Richard and Arkady.

6. Graphic glitches were fixed.

7. East Front Encounters file was updated and fixed.

8. Reinforcement numbers were adjusted (increased) for DCG's.

9. A few West Front scenario revisions.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 2
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 5:25:56 PM   
Dumnorix

Hallo Jason
Can you make this optional, that the supply is out for bridge laying and minelaying pioneers are eliminated. Or can you send me this in an special exe-file for our mod JTJS meets PG23D ?

Thanks H.Balck

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 5:53:51 PM   
1925frank

How will variable visibility work with 1.04?

I thought variable visibility would work best with bad-weather scenarios, but I believe the floor for variable visibility is 5, which would mean variable visibility would not be available for bad-weather scenarios.

Someone suggested putting a ceiling and floor on the initial visibility setting. For example, if the initial setting is 5, the most it could ever go up or down would be 2 or 3 levels.

There was some discussion that visibility was changing between turns. If that is true, has that been addressed?

Post #: 4
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 6:04:04 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

How will variable visibility work with 1.04?

Additional details will be released when the 1.04 UPDATE is available for downloading.

Jason Petho

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 5
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 6:14:27 PM   
rich12545

Some time ago I suggested using the mouse wheel for zooming in and out.  A lot of folks agreed but you didn't chime in one way or the other.  Will you be able to consider this for 1.04 (or future).  It shouldn't be all that difficult since it was added to TOAW.  Thanks.

Post #: 6
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 6:22:26 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

Some time ago I suggested using the mouse wheel for zooming in and out.  A lot of folks agreed but you didn't chime in one way or the other.  Will you be able to consider this for 1.04 (or future).  It shouldn't be all that difficult since it was added to TOAW.  Thanks.

Might come in the future, I don't know. I don't do the programming.

Add it to the wishlist.

Jason Petho

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 7
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 6:36:53 PM   
dgk196

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was fast! I applaud your making the assault and visibility optional!
I know some say it will divide the players into two camps, as if they weren't already!?
Options are always better, doesn't leave anyone out and I think people always respond
more positively to a choice, IMHO!

Dennis

Post #: 8
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/13/2008 10:57:23 PM   
berto

quote:

4. A series of Curt Cabbage's scenarios have been added to Rising Sun. 24, I believe, is the total.

<drool...>

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Post #: 9
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 4:55:33 AM   
steelrain60

Jason,

First off, let me thank you once again for all the hard work that you and others have devoted to improving CS and giving more life to our community. It's all deeply appreciated. I eagerly await 1.04.

Speaking of 1.04, giving people the option of using the new visibility rule and giving them an option to use the legacy assault rule or the new assault rule are very good ideas. It will go a long way toward healing the rift that seems to have developped in the community.

You may classify what I'm about to ask in the category of, "you can't satisfy everyone," and I will understand. But is there any possibility of a "compromise" assault system being incoporated in the future? It seems that I, and perhaps many others, like aspects of both the 1.02 and the 1.03 rules. It seems to me that assaults in 1.02 favor the attacker, while in 1.03 they clearly favor the defender. Is there any way that a version that somehow splits the difference will be included in a future 1.05?

Again, please don't interpret this as criticism. You clearly don't deserve any, what with your efforts to improve and preserve our little hobby.

Post #: 10
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 5:06:25 AM   
junk2drive

Posted by Jason in the Assault Rules thread

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Jason Petho
New EXE's are being tested.
The glitches are fixed.
The odds are improved a little in favour of the attacker, although they are still not "automatic" as pre-1.03.
A full explanation of how they assault actually works will be available when the update is released, which will hopefully be very soon. It is being tested by the BETA Brigade.
Jason Petho

Also up above he states: 1. ...Enhanced...

(in reply to steelrain60)
Post #: 11
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 3:18:30 PM   
1925frank

Regarding variable visibility, here's my guess (no wagering please -- this is for entertainment purposes only):

Because variable visibility will become optional, there is no point in retaining the 15 ceiling and the 5 floor.  If it's engaged, it'll apply regardless of the original setting for visibility.

It won't change between turns.

It won't change that often, which, as a practical matter, will restrict swings of more than 3 up or down, depending primarily on the length of the scenario.

Variable visibility will be more popular among players who play against the AI than among PBEM players.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 12
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 3:32:01 PM   
Miamieagle

Jason thank you for your promp answer to my question. Iäm happy with the new propose upgrades to this program.

Since I play with the three Editions I also like see more DGC for the Rising Sun Edition. It sure lacks DCG in comparison to the other Editions.

We also need destructable Infrastruture like you are able to have with other programs.

Thank you Jason and Company!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 8/14/2008 3:33:42 PM >

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 13
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 8:55:35 PM   
Borst50

Hi Jason,

Wow, I disappear for a few days and already 1.04 is being talked about....lol....what happened to the updated update, to the update....1.03???

From the thread I have read thus far, I assume some significant changes are in order....am I to assume from this the indirect artillery fire vs tanks will also recieve a major overhaul? I hope so as this is really my only peeve, beside the upgrade glitches in DCG's.

But to refresh eveyone's memory...I suscribe to the opinion that arty is way over pwerful in DCG's....I am sure it works fine for stand alone senarios...or PBEM...but for DCG's no way. Increasing the replacements are fibne for the short term, however, I am looking for a more permenant solution...is this being addressed for 1.04?

Please keep me posted

Post #: 14
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 8:59:37 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borst50

Hi Jason,

Wow, I disappear for a few days and already 1.04 is being talked about....lol....what happened to the updated update, to the update....1.03???

From the thread I have read thus far, I assume some significant changes are in order....am I to assume from this the indirect artillery fire vs tanks will also recieve a major overhaul? I hope so as this is really my only peeve, beside the upgrade glitches in DCG's.

But to refresh eveyone's memory...I suscribe to the opinion that arty is way over pwerful in DCG's....I am sure it works fine for stand alone senarios...or PBEM...but for DCG's no way. Increasing the replacements are fibne for the short term, however, I am looking for a more permenant solution...is this being addressed for 1.04?

Please keep me posted

The 1.04 UPDATE will replace the 1.03 UPDATE, offering what is described above.

Additional enhancements/fixes/etc will have to wait until the 1.05 UPDATE and beyond.

The 1.04 UPDATE should be available in the next week or two. We are just wrapping up testing for it.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 15
RE: A question on Patch 104! - 8/14/2008 9:05:09 PM   
Borst50

cool...thanks Jason...was just curious

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> A question on Patch 104! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI