Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bad disk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Bad disk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bad disk - 8/20/2008 3:30:21 AM   
Bob1836

A few weeks ago, I purchased Grigsby's AWD. I bought it from Strategy Page, a distributor of Matrix Games. The disk is bad. It will not install. I tried on two different computers. Strategy Page told me to contact Matrix Games. I connacted Matrix support - they told me to re-download the program. I can't do that because I do not have the proper ordering info to input for the download because I bought the disk from Strategy Page. All I have is the Serial Number from the disk. I explained that to matrix support.... and they sent me here.

Does anybody know how to download a program using the Serial Number from a disk? Is such a thing possible?

I really want to play this game. I've purchased several games from Matrix in the past and would like to purchase additional titles, but I ain't shelling out a penny more until I get a disk of AWD that actually installs.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Bad disk - 8/20/2008 8:48:09 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bob1836
I explained that to matrix support.... and they sent me here.

Just to be clear : you emailed support@matrixgames.com and they told you to post in *this* forum ???

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Bob1836)
Post #: 2
RE: Bad disk - 8/20/2008 1:10:20 PM   
Bob1836

Thank you for your reply. Actually, it was in response to a Matrix Game Contact Us form I sent. They sent me here. However, I have e-mailed support@matrix.com a couple of times now and they simply replied it was a download problem and I needed to re-download. But I can't do that unless there is some way it can be done using a serial number alone. I have submitted another request for help to support@matrix.com, so maybe they'll have a better answer this time. Thanks again.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 3
RE: Bad disk - 8/20/2008 2:06:29 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bob1836
I have submitted another request for help to support@matrix.com, so maybe they'll have a better answer this time. Thanks again.

If all else fails ... what always works is a pm to Erik Rutins - you'll find his email address in this forum - but as he's *really* overworked better give some time to the normal support channel attempt first.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Bob1836)
Post #: 4
RE: Bad disk - 8/20/2008 4:42:30 PM   
Mark71

I would suggest trying support@matrixGAMES.com (like Eddy said) matrix.com seems to be all about hair... 

the poster formerly known as Murky71

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 5
RE: Bad disk - 8/20/2008 5:00:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Bob,

Can you please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with a copy of your e-mails to our support and your original order receipt from Strategy Page? We'll take care of you and find out what caused the confusion.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mark71)
Post #: 6
RE: Bad disk - 8/20/2008 6:47:50 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
We'll take care of you and find out what caused the confusion.

May I make a serious suggestion ?

Rename this forum to "Customer Support" as all it gets are customer support questions anyway with the tech user-to-user questions mostly appearing in the General forum.

Then monitor it daily and report back when an issue was solved. This way potential customers who browse here get to see that support is handled on a direct and personal level.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Bad disk - 8/21/2008 3:20:28 AM   
Gem35

In all seriousness.
What the heck, let's rename it to the Eddy Sterckx thread.
You are alot of help , Sir.
Thank you for being here for us.
I do have to say if anyone needs anything done in a timely fashion, email Erik Rutins.
erikr@matrixgames.com
Busy guy or not, he always makes things happen.

Thank you as well Erik.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Bad disk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI