Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 5:48:05 AM   
SeanD

Some potholes filled in and bumps smoothed out with this first update on the Road to Victory

Matrix Games and IQ Software (www.worldwar2.pl) are thrilled to announce the release of the first official update for the new release World War II: Road to Victory. The new comprehensive update file will bring the version of the game up to 1.201 and comes with dozens of bug fixes and a handful of new features, including PBEM play. This is a major update for World War II: Road to Victory and it concentrates on addressing all reported serious issues with the initial release of the game to smooth out gameplay and assure the best possible experience while conquering Europe!

With the 1.201 resolving most major issues, the IQ Software team is hard at work putting new enhancements, features, and improvements into the game so stay tuned for subsequent updates because there is much more to come. This is not to say that the first update is without its share of enhancements and new features! The AI’s garrisoning protocol is improved along with a tweak to make the AI better at sea transporting. New features include PBEM support for up to 8 players, a new “siege” function and rule set for surrounded cities, new sea zones, Lend-Lease events, the addition of Malta as a territory, and much more!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The IQ Software team has been very responsive in working to improve the gameplay and overall experience in World War II: Road to Victory. This first update brings a healthy list of improvements and exciting new features but this is only the beginning!”

World War II: Road to Victory, the first release from IQ Software, puts the player at the helm of his choice of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations, amidst a continent torn by full scale war. Combat, production, research and diplomacy are all fully modeled.

A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. Naval combat includes fleet engagements, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system. Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and historical events give you choices that can change the course of history. World War II: Road to Victory is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.

Get the update here. This comprehensive update file will bring the game up to version 1.201 and previous save game files are NOT compatible with this version.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 7:11:45 AM   
Dennistoun

hi folks,
i have been really looking forward to this update and i thank you for all the work you are putting into this game. However, when i click on the link given (not just on this particular page either) it sends me to a Google page saying basically that this link doesn't match up.
please help...

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 9:33:15 AM   
patchogue

Me too

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

(in reply to Dennistoun)
Post #: 3
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 10:46:36 AM   
aspqrz02

Yep. The link as given is dead. Doesn't point to anything.

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to patchogue)
Post #: 4
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 11:50:32 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hm, the link in the press release is working for me, but I can see that this one is having issues. Try clicking on this:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WW2RoadtoVictory/WorldWar2RoadtoVictory-UpdateCompDR-v1201.zip

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to aspqrz02)
Post #: 5
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 12:00:07 PM   
doomtrader

Seems to be working now.

Thank you Erik.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 12:06:24 PM   
GJK

The link to the news story has a "http://" in front of the FTP link where as your direct link just posted is a correct FTP link "ftp://", thus the difference.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 7
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 1:09:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

Should be fixed now, sorry about that folks. Looks like there was a glitch in the late night posting.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 8
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 9:53:26 PM   
patchogue

Has worked now - thanks

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

Post #: 9
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/21/2008 11:59:23 PM   
Dennistoun

thanks, eric. all is fine now! you are such a GOOD man!!

Post #: 10
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/23/2008 3:36:50 PM   
Althered

Can someone point me to a 3rd party link where i can d/l this update please? Nothing works for me
I have logged in to both the forum and members club but i cannot get anywhere
Regards Al.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 11
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/23/2008 5:01:57 PM   
GJK

Did you try clicking the link that Erik provided above?

FTP Link

(in reply to Althered)
Post #: 12
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/24/2008 12:57:22 PM   
Althered

quote:

Did you try clicking the link that Erik provided above?

Yes .Nothing happens .I do not get an error message ,just a blank page which never loads !.It`s a bit weird ,i normally have no trouble with downloads.
Al.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 13
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/24/2008 5:33:48 PM   
GJK

Depending on the browser that you use, try RIGHT clicking on that link and then select "Save Target As" or "Save As" or "Saved Linked Content As".

(in reply to Althered)
Post #: 14
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/28/2008 4:41:53 AM   
Titan

Just to confirm, this is now PBEM ?

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 15
RE: World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated - 8/28/2008 7:37:44 AM   
Severian

Yes, PBEM is available. 

War, war never changes... but are you sure? Bitter Glory

Put an apple in your mouth, we'll play Wilhelm Tell - "Hawkeye" Pierce to Frank Burns

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> World War II: Road to Victory Is Updated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI