Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will Rising Sun be upgrade?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Will Rising Sun be upgrade? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will Rising Sun be upgrade? - 8/24/2008 5:14:18 PM   
General Fear

Is it to late to upgrade Rising Sun?

I have a gripe about the Japanese. Historically, Japanese troops had exceptional moral. They use to take 75% casualties before their troops began to show signs of morale problems.

Second, Japanese troops had superb infiltration skills. They would send troops around the enemy to flank to attack the enemy in the sides and rear. Historically, the Japanese would side a smaller force to keep the front line busy. Then the flanks would attack. They use to do this down to the platoon level.

In Rising Sun I see none of the above. First the troop morale is the same as allied morale. Seeing troops turn tail and run at first sign of trouble is just not very Japanese. This is frustrating as a Japanese player.

Second, the AI usually just attacks down the middle. When I play defense as a US Marine I never see flanking attacks. I remember one Marine who fought in Guadalcanal was quoted saying that, “It seems that the Japanese were coming up from the ground.” Also, if I play Japanese, I should be able to sneak past the enemy line with my troops. Then when I attack from the flanks or rear, I should get a bonus for doing so because the morale of the troops should be affected when the troops feel surrounded.

So is there a chance that Rising Sun will be upgraded? Or is there a Mod that can do the above? Maybe I can upgrade the game myself?
Post #: 1
RE: Will Rising Sun be upgrade? - 8/24/2008 5:45:18 PM   
Mr. Guberman

The only possible "upgrade" I would recommend for RS is to make the Japanese move like "light" infantry...so that they can infiltrate better. Their morale is usually "8" while the Allies are "6". In the early war, I have made the Japanese morale "8" (and "7" occasionally) for Japanese first line troops, while the Allies range from "6" (the occasional Gurkha may get higher)...all of the way to "2" in rare instances. That does put a bugaboo on the Allies.

Cheers
Curt

(in reply to General Fear)
Post #: 2
RE: Will Rising Sun be upgrade? - 8/24/2008 5:53:23 PM   
Mr. Guberman

...oh yeah...

I would do away with the "Banzai" attack, completely.

Cheers
Curt

(in reply to Mr. Guberman)
Post #: 3
RE: Will Rising Sun be upgrade? - 8/30/2008 6:13:27 PM   
General Fear

Thanks for the reply.

Mr. Guberman, you mentioned that changing Japanese trooop morale to 8 and make the infantry light infantry would help. Can I do  this myself to the game? If so, how?

(in reply to Mr. Guberman)
Post #: 4
RE: Will Rising Sun be upgrade? - 8/30/2008 7:54:27 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Fear

Thanks for the reply.

Mr. Guberman, you mentioned that changing Japanese trooop morale to 8 and make the infantry light infantry would help. Can I do  this myself to the game? If so, how?

You can edit morale of forces in the scenario editor when you are creating a new scenario.

The 1st Line infantry movement rate was adjusted with the latest 1.04 BETA UPDATE.

Jason Petho

(in reply to General Fear)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Will Rising Sun be upgrade? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI