Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NCAA Uniforms 2008

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> NCAA Uniforms 2008 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 1:26:22 AM   
therhino

This is not a request, but if anyone wants to know what all the updated NCAA Div 1 uniforms look like here is a great article with pictures. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080828

Post #: 1
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 7:03:17 AM   
simmer

I'm almost done with them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Some are crazy to make and time consuming..........Should upload them this week.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 2
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 1:10:19 PM   
Mykal

can get a little life dominating cant it simmer,
I know just how you feel man

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 3
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 2:52:43 PM   
garysorrell

Thanks for all the hard work Simmer.

I must say, im old fashioned....I was looking at some of the stuff in Ryans link, and i just dont like the way uniforms look anymore. I like solids, sleeve stripes(horizontal), and the Riddel big head helmets.

All that crazy stuff we see now is funky. All those bra strap lines and other crap.....just doesnt look football
This, makes me tear up and sniffle....

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 4
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 4:52:56 PM   
Mykal

quote:

All those bra strap lines and other crap.....

Well it depends on who's running around in bra straps........... dont it

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 5
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 5:07:32 PM   
dreamtheatervt

That's why I love Penn State's uniforms, they are simple and classic.  I wish VT would quit with all the weird Nike crap and go back to a more traditional unifor...and get a competant QB.  Glennon couldn't hit the ocean if you stood him on a buoy in the middle of the Atlantic.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 6
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/1/2008 9:07:45 PM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Thanks for all the hard work Simmer.

I must say, im old fashioned....I was looking at some of the stuff in Ryans link, and i just dont like the way uniforms look anymore. I like solids, sleeve stripes(horizontal), and the Riddel big head helmets.

All that crazy stuff we see now is funky. All those bra strap lines and other crap.....just doesnt look football

Gary, you're a man after my own heart. I love classic uniforms like the ones you posted. I think many football teams are currently suffering an identity crisis just as pro baseball teams did in the 70's. Classic is timeless and will return just as it has in the majors. Not sure for how long, though.

Anyway, I even love the fact that the D-Backs and Rays have traditionalized their colors and uni design, as well. The Angels did too a few years ago. But, I do understand that the young folk like a lot of variety and funkyness. So these college teams are using that to draw in players. I know the Oregon Ducks are definitely on the funky track. In fact, some of their players say they are attracted to the school because they have so many different uniforms and they are "fresh." Okay. But, I say it's simply a fad for the moment and will pass.

< Message edited by DreamTeams -- 9/1/2008 9:32:08 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 2:06:33 AM   
therhino

btw simmer, are you doing the new Oregon uniforms? I don't really like the new ones much, but it isn't very realistic with the old ones.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 8
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 2:19:42 AM   
simmer

I have everything current

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 9
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 2:24:12 AM   
therhino

I can't find them on FB Max.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 10
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 2:52:19 AM   
Mykal

They should be going onsite with simmer's league file Rhino
when he's finished that is

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 11
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 9:19:09 AM   
Magnum357

If you guys don't mind me adding to the discussion...  I agree.  Some of the new NFL uniforms are ok, but a few are geting just a little too "funky" for my taste.  I can understand a lot of sports these days is about marketing, but I have a theory that you can make a uniform "to complicated" if your not careful.  For example, the Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tampa Bay Buccanners have fairly complex uniforms and color schemes, but they try to make it organized and not too complex.  But a good examples of uniforms getting to complicated in my opinion is the Cinncinati Bengels and Buffalo Bills (although I like the darker blue now that Buffalo uses). 

I don't know what the Bengels Franchise is doing, but there Uniforms are getting way too complciated.  The ones they used in the late 90's were just fine. 
I kinda hope you guys are right that a lot of these teams may go back to either "Traditional" designs or Throwbacks (like Giants and Jets), because I think some of these new uniforms (maybe even College too) are getting a little TOO weird.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 12
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 12:44:28 PM   
Mykal

Brother I really dont agree,

I understand what your saying and agree for the most part

But..................

were in the heck are you getting Jacksonville Jaguars jersey is too complex
I have about 30 Jags jersey's from over the jags 14 years, its hardly complexed in design
just a bog standard teal jersey with 2 bands on the sleeve and a jaguar above them.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 13
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/2/2008 10:35:04 PM   
Magnum357

MyKal, what I mean't by the Jaguars Uniforms being complex was a comparative statement.  For example, if you compared there Uniforms to say the Raiders, Cheifs, Packers, or Colts, there uniforms have a much more variety of striping, secondary logos and lettering mostly because older Uniforms have a fairly simiple layout and was almost standard to a degree.  Heck, the 1960's Jets uniforms was probably considered "funky" at that time period, even though today its a fairly simple design.  But you are right, they are not THAT complex, espeically compared to some of the newer stuff.

Some of other new uniforms are not too bad either, like the Seahawks and Cardinals.  But these new Bengels Uniforms are just too WEIRD.  I thought there 1990's uniforms with the new Bengal Logo on the sleeves was just fine.  These new jerseys, I sometimes can't tell if they have there home jerseys or away ones on.  If you can't tell that, then you know you have gone overboard with the design. 

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 14
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/3/2008 12:58:21 AM   
Mykal

Well yes I'd give ya' its more complexed than the raiders
but then who ever designed the raiders jersey was certainly lacking in imagination to say the least

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 15
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/3/2008 3:39:47 AM   
garysorrell

Mykal, did you ever see the 'Original' Jags jersey from the "Hey we just got a team' ceremony?

God-Awful. Had a LONG stretched Jaguar from shoulder to shoulder on the front. I stopped jumping up and down in my living room, just long enough to go 'eek!', then continued celebrating.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 16
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/3/2008 3:50:02 AM   
Mykal

Oh yes, did I
the helmet was just as bad
thank god Jaguar cars complained about the logo being similar to that they use for cars

but I have to admitt I have a fashion jags top with that very logo stretched across it,
I'll have to put it on and take some photo's to show ya.

Post #: 17
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/3/2008 7:45:08 AM   
DONMVP

I`m sure the jags would love to have an ordinary looking uniform like the raiders , if they could go to 5 super bowls and be a dominating team for all the years the raiders were from 67 to 91 . Now if you got to say what is up about uniform , how about the early tampa uniforms.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 18
RE: NCAA Uniforms 2008 - 9/3/2008 12:13:26 PM   
Mykal

Hahahahahahaha, thats it DON
re-live the old days but then with the raiders I guess you have too
things are not good there now and I dont see it changing anytime soon
at least not until the franchise is sold to release the strangle hold of Al Davis

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> NCAA Uniforms 2008 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI