Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map of Japan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Map of Japan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map of Japan - 9/4/2008 8:54:31 AM   
33Vyper

I was wondering while we are waiting if we could get a few peeks at the new map?

In particular I was wondering about Japan and what new bases etc... will be included? With smaller hexes you might be able to squeeze a bit more in?

Cheers

John
Post #: 1
RE: Map of Japan - 9/4/2008 8:59:12 AM   
cantona2

good request :)

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to 33Vyper)
Post #: 2
RE: Map of Japan - 9/4/2008 1:29:52 PM   
Javakamp

I got a quick look at the beta AE at Origins. I noticed many new bases. I remember seeing several in the Solomans, and off the US West coast. I don't remember what Japan looked like, but I'm sure they were new bases there.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 3
RE: Map of Japan - 9/4/2008 1:41:32 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Javakamp

I got a quick look at the beta AE at Origins. I noticed many new bases. I remember seeing several in the Solomans, and off the US West coast. I don't remember what Japan looked like, but I'm sure they were new bases there.

Indeed there are some new bases in Japan. But keep in mind that in WitP Japan is already the area most crowded with bases, so there is not unlimited scope to add many more. But there are more bases in Japan, including a greater representation of the surrounding Japanese islands.

Andrew

PS: Providing screenshots is not something I have the liberty to do, so I can't help with that request.

(in reply to Javakamp)
Post #: 4
RE: Map of Japan - 9/4/2008 4:56:02 PM   
Terminus

The map of Japan's probably too big to fit into a screenshot under the 200Kb limit, and still have the place names be readable; besides, it's not all the bases that have names on the map.

< Message edited by Terminus -- 9/4/2008 5:41:32 PM >

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 5
RE: Map of Japan - 9/5/2008 1:24:52 PM   
wdolson

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post screenshots, but we now have expanded the colored icons by nationality.  It doesn't make much difference for the Japanese, but the Allies will be able to tell the difference between nationalities more easily.  We have also included some spare icon sets, so if you don't like the stock colors, all you have to do is rename the files.  Icon set with the Rising Sun Japanese flag and the standard Japanese red dot are included so you can choose which you want. 

The icons on the bottom when viewing the base screen are also colored by nation, so the Allied player can spot the different nationalities of units easily.

Oh and that long pause when you close some windows, it's gone.  (It always bugged the heck out of me.)

Bill
Jr member of the programming team for AE

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 6
RE: Map of Japan - 9/5/2008 1:47:11 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post screenshots, but we now have expanded the colored icons by nationality.  It doesn't make much difference for the Japanese, but the Allies will be able to tell the difference between nationalities more easily.  We have also included some spare icon sets, so if you don't like the stock colors, all you have to do is rename the files.  Icon set with the Rising Sun Japanese flag and the standard Japanese red dot are included so you can choose which you want. 

The icons on the bottom when viewing the base screen are also colored by nation, so the Allied player can spot the different nationalities of units easily.

Oh and that long pause when you close some windows, it's gone.  (It always bugged the heck out of me.)

Bill

cool

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 7
RE: Map of Japan - 9/5/2008 7:37:35 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Icon set with the Rising Sun Japanese flag and the standard Japanese red dot are included so you can choose which you want. 

Bill

Very cool. Thanks a lot!

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Map of Japan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI