Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ottoman Empire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Ottoman Empire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ottoman Empire - 9/1/2008 9:12:45 AM   
Dragonheart

Hi there,
Was there any rulechange concerning the ottoman empire? I´m playing the 1.3.14 version and noticed that the turks dont get any unspent funds from the ottoman empire.

I spent 3 rounds doing nothing for the ottoman empire to get the funds for the poor turks but the funds never arrived.

Another odd thing i noticed. I got west hungary from austria in a peace treaty and prepared my army to go after prussia.....finally i found my hole army kicked out of westhungary sitting in Sarajevo province. Just to mention ...west hungary was already several rounds in my posession.

The AI is still very weak, inactive and is showing strange behavior. The worst nations are russia and the turks.......well i was waiting from 1.01 unitl 1.03.14 to see some improvement....it seems i have to wait another couple of patches. :-(

< Message edited by Dragonheart -- 9/1/2008 9:14:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/1/2008 10:46:07 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragonheart

Hi there,
Was there any rulechange concerning the ottoman empire? I´m playing the 1.3.14 version and noticed that the turks dont get any unspent funds from the ottoman empire.

I spent 3 rounds doing nothing for the ottoman empire to get the funds for the poor turks but the funds never arrived.

Another odd thing i noticed. I got west hungary from austria in a peace treaty and prepared my army to go after prussia.....finally i found my hole army kicked out of westhungary sitting in Sarajevo province. Just to mention ...west hungary was already several rounds in my posession.

The AI is still very weak, inactive and is showing strange behavior. The worst nations are russia and the turks.......well i was waiting from 1.01 unitl 1.03.14 to see some improvement....it seems i have to wait another couple of patches. :-(

Unspent money in decemeber quater only right ?
Your description is not detailed that i can guess what went wrong.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Dragonheart)
Post #: 2
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/2/2008 2:37:56 PM   
Marshall Ellis

quote:

Hi there,

It should only be giving you money in December? Are you not seeing this in December?
You will only have temp access to Au after the surrender. You have 3 months and unless you forced the Austrians to give you access then at the end of that 3 month period you will be automatically forced out of the Austrian territory.

BTW: We still have some work to do on the AI but are you not seeing more intelligent DOWs and alliances?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 3
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/3/2008 9:13:32 AM   
Dragonheart

Ah only December? And one get the saved money for the whole year or only for the last Quarter? Concerning the austrian matter, they ceded west hungary to me so it should be my terrritority, no need to get acess isn´t it?

Diplomacy of the AI improved indeed especially the alliances are very reasonable now but i have not seen any Dow of France vs Prussia or Austria and vice versa so far.

I also noticed some nice moves of the AI, GB and russia trying to invade in Holland in order to capture the whole french fleet for example.

Russia beside Turkey is still the weakest AI....sitting in Finland and in the one province near Prussia doing nothing. But hey, they established a foodhold with Depot supply in Hamburg on prussian territority...maybe to help them vs france.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/3/2008 11:03:14 AM   
bresh

quote:

Ah only December? And one get the saved money for the whole year or only for the last Quarter? Concerning the austrian matter, they ceded west hungary to me so it should be my terrritority, no need to get acess isn´t it?

Diplomacy of the AI improved indeed especially the alliances are very reasonable now but i have not seen any Dow of France vs Prussia or Austria and vice versa so far.

I also noticed some nice moves of the AI, GB and russia trying to invade in Holland in order to capture the whole french fleet for example.

Russia beside Turkey is still the weakest AI....sitting in Finland and in the one province near Prussia doing nothing. But hey, they established a foodhold with Depot supply in Hamburg on prussian territority...maybe to help them vs france.

Minors dont save money between quaters.
Just as it says in the rulebook, and was in EIA.

Regards
Bresh

Post #: 5
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/3/2008 11:55:03 AM   
Marshall Ellis

quote:

If it was ceded to you then you're right, you should not have been ejected. What version are you running?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Post #: 6
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/3/2008 12:11:06 PM   
iamspamus

I am seeing better diplomatic action. Though Prussia dowed Denmark (with no ships...) and then me (Spain) for controlling it, overall they are smarter in their wars. As Spain, I got Prussia and Austria to go to informal peace over dumb dows. (By dumb, I mean I picked to fight over certain minors. THAT was dumb of me!)

Also, Britain is willing to give money to Spain during the diplomacy phase.

You still see a race for all of the German minors really early on, but that's understandable to some extent.

AI Countries still need help in dowing Sweden and Denmark. If you have no ships then you can't get there. Period. So Prussia dowing Denmark is kinda dumb. Also, when I play Russia and want to dow Sweden, I start with one cossack up in the far north. While I leisurely move my army to Abo (Finland), I race my cossack across the top to make sure that as Abo falls, I have a unit in Sweden. This can be countered by a second swedish army up north, but it is taking attrition while it happens (usually during the winter) and then I just wait for the spring thaw to sail two armies into Stockholm. Taking Abo at the same time.

Another trick is to get Denmark via diplomacy first, then invade Sweden with one Danish army helping.

Just some thoughts.

Jason

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

BTW: We still have some work to do on the AI but are you not seeing more intelligent DOWs and alliances?

< Message edited by iamspamus -- 10/2/2008 11:23:11 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/3/2008 12:23:09 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Great feedback Jason!
Appreciate the time!
I can't wait to get 1.04 into your hands!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to iamspamus)
Post #: 8
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/4/2008 11:25:17 AM   
Dragonheart

quote:

If it was ceded to you then you're right, you should not have been ejected. What version are you running?

I´m running 1.3.14

Post #: 9
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/4/2008 12:33:35 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Do you have that saved game?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Post #: 10
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/4/2008 7:22:31 PM   
yammahoper

I do not have the saved game, but the same repatriation happened to me after beating Au and gaining the province as a peace condition.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

Post #: 11
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/4/2008 9:03:40 PM   
Edfactor

This has happened to me several times, it kicks me out of any territory i control when the access expires.

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 12
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/5/2008 4:25:34 AM   
ndrose

I believe the repatriation from ceded provinces is already on the Mantis bug tracker and listed as resolved in 1.04 (issues 108 and 165).

(in reply to Edfactor)
Post #: 13
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/5/2008 7:56:37 AM   
Dragonheart

quote:

Do you have that saved game?

No, sorry i played meanwhile several other countries so the save is gone.

Post #: 14
RE: Ottoman Empire - 9/6/2008 4:54:16 AM   
easterner

AI Issues

Minors still tend to DoW then not enter the minor. Turk gained Wurzburg & Bavaria in last game that way.

AI still fails to finish off certain countries. In that game Turks crossed into Egypt stopped outside of Cairo back in '05.  Now in '11 they are still there and GB hasn't bothered to bulk up Egypt army.

The not building minor factors is still grossly annoying!

GB & Sp very reluctant to commit armies to battle. Britain sends do nothing hordes to Ireland and Sp. to Cadiz.

For 2nd game in a row GB sent all blockade forces to Med stopping my Algeria invasion, allowing a GB invasion. This time GB rushed back regaining control of channel but after several turns of futility got Invasion force in suppy, rebuit troops and eventually wore down 20 factor London Garrison for the UNCON! Brits need to maintain blockade over all else but an actual invasion fleet adjacent to any GB area.

Prussia AI use to be best, right now I'd give Austria as best.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Ottoman Empire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI