Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does it take to get support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> What does it take to get support Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does it take to get support - 9/4/2008 11:18:29 PM   
what if

I have now been trying for over two months to use the extended download service for two games I recently purchased, but Matrix systems do not recognise any on my orders. I have tried tech support, I have tried to use this forum, I have begged, I have even resorted to insults!!

Is it me, am I doing something wrong? Personally I think two months is more than long enough to wait on tech support to resolve this issue - so what does it take?

I thought you yanks (sorry if this is derogatory) pride yourselves on customer service - Have a nice day etc.
Post #: 1
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/5/2008 7:46:06 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: what if
I have tried tech support, I have tried to use this forum, I have begged, I have even resorted to insults!!

Have you tried reading what it says at the top of this very forum where it says "for official support, read this message ?"

Just asking ...

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to what if)
Post #: 2
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/5/2008 6:14:13 PM   
what if

Hi Eddy

I have tried tech support, all was going well initially but I have not heard anything for weeks now - despite several emails.

ta

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 3
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/5/2008 6:25:14 PM   
Terl

What exactly are you doing to retrieve your downloads? I go to the store, then to order status, complete the required fields and there are my downloads.

I believe in one of your threads you mentioned your email has changed. Are you using the one you purchased the game under? And the card you used at the time?

[EDIT] I checked your other thread; yes, you did say your email has changed. You should use the info you had when you bought the game to retrieve the orders. As for how to change your email, you should contact support or possibly PM Erik Rutins for some help.

< Message edited by Terl -- 9/5/2008 6:26:39 PM >

(in reply to what if)
Post #: 4
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/6/2008 4:30:55 PM   
what if

I bought two games jtcs and jtbs and I paid for extended download service. I have registered my games and I have followed all the instructions for downloading my games, even though my email address has changed I still have the same credit card and enough info to download, but Matrix systems have no record of my purchases. I have been in contact with tech support, I have informed them of my new email address and I have provided them with all the order numbers etc, but besides acknowledging my emails I have not heard anything in weeks.

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 5
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:33:25 AM   
Flickjax

Rather than start another thread, I have the the same issue.

I bought the Advantec Tactics in Feb 2008, and recently had to re-instal Vista (Bah) My copy of Advanced tactics no longer works so i need to re-download.

Tried the procedure for re-downloading using order number and password, I even asked for the password to be resent just in case i had made a mistake. No joy cannot use the email address/credit card digits option as i have since renewed that card.

I would grateful iif someone could help me out as i have paid for this extended service and have also noted other people having similar issues :(

Flick

(in reply to what if)
Post #: 6
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 2:16:25 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flickjax
I would grateful iif someone could help me out as i have paid for this extended service and have also noted other people having similar issues :(

Erik Rutins just reported back in after a holiday - if you tried support@matrixgames.com and didn't get a response in a day or 2, he's the guy to PM.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Flickjax)
Post #: 7
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 2:25:22 PM   
Flickjax

Thanks eddie, will do

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 8
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 3:01:27 PM   
marcbarker

I have had issues and tried tech support offical from matrix with no response. I voiced my opinion on a thread and the thread got locked....I bought because it was matrix and what talonsoft had at one time...at least they did resolve issues from a company base and not a user type arena

(in reply to Flickjax)
Post #: 9
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 3:09:56 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker
I have had issues and tried tech support offical from matrix with no response. I voiced my opinion on a thread and the thread got locked....I bought because it was matrix and what talonsoft had at one time...at least they did resolve issues from a company base and not a user type arena

Thread url so we can all have a look at your issues ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 10
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 3:27:15 PM   
marcbarker

was mainly the campaign series JTCS.....there was Vista Issues, serial Number issues, could not get to work out of the box, wrong information on the product support page, constant updates and not sure which update was for what issue , various problems with that game engine...etc....basically I torqued some beta brigade people off from my specific quesiotns....I will post the threads bare with me a minute or 2

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 11
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 3:44:05 PM   
marcbarker

I went through all the appropriate things, did the knowledge base etc

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1867551&mpage=1&key=&#1867551
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1856282
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1865306
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1909014
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1889575
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1908228

I even requested a refund because the game was so much different then what the product data sheet said..If I ran a business like that and touted customer service is number 1 then not do anything....you would not have much buisness. Also a few other issues is that I understand gamers support gamers, I appreciate that but times are such when you need the official company line by a company employee not a user of the forums or a tester on a beta brigade. When I buy a product I buy into that company and what they are trying to do....this whole JTCS thing has left a very sour taste in my mouth with matrix. Wheter a company has 1000 employees or 2 they still need to respond to customer iussues.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 12
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 3:55:25 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

I went through all the appropriate things, did the knowledge base etc

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1867551&mpage=1&key=�
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1856282
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1865306
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1909014
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1889575
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1908228

I even requested a refund because the game was so much different then what the product data sheet said..If I ran a business like that and touted customer service is number 1 then not do anything....you would not have much buisness. Also a few other issues is that I understand gamers support gamers, I appreciate that but times are such when you need the official company line by a company employee not a user of the forums or a tester on a beta brigade. When I buy a product I buy into that company and what they are trying to do....this whole JTCS thing has left a very sour taste in my mouth with matrix. Wheter a company has 1000 employees or 2 they still need to respond to customer iussues.

I went to a couple of the links you provided, and you did get a response to your issues.

The trouble is : you didn't seem to like the response you got. Sorry dude, this is a general tech support forum, can't help you with your problems which are mostly game-content related.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 13
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 3:58:55 PM   
marcbarker

That was a user response not a matrix response dude...i did post questions of the same caliber through proer channels using the members page dude...the knowledge base dude....u know dude the one page u type in like toatlally righteuous thing and see if anyone like had a same issue dude...

again it was a official Matrix Tech Support problem not a User Support issue...I thought that is what this thread was about...OFFICIAL SUPPORT

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 14
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 6:43:29 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

That was a user response not a matrix response dude...i did post questions of the same caliber through proer channels using the members page dude...the knowledge base dude....u know dude the one page u type in like toatlally righteuous thing and see if anyone like had a same issue dude...

again it was a official Matrix Tech Support problem not a User Support issue...I thought that is what this thread was about...OFFICIAL SUPPORT

So, your problem, is it technical or just attitude ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 15
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 6:48:15 PM   
marcbarker

no attitude...just replying back the way I percieved comming my way...technical issues....i was trying to be a smart alick...when you said dude i was playing on the word is all

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 16
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 7:52:10 PM   
Terl

I looked through most of the posts you gave and would just like to note that most seem to be personal prefernce stuff "I want the game like this....". Those, to me anyway are not "tech support" type questions.

I would also like to note that the product page does not claim Vista compatibility at all. It has always said 2000/98/ME/XP and Matrix has always pointed this out with this and with other games. The game does work with Vista, but with tweaks. I saw you did not like that but, again, Vista is not officially supported per the page.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 17
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:29:06 PM   
marcbarker

Please got to this page this is where I bought it from and this is why I bought it. They changed one web page but not this one....

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/details/John.Tiller's.Campaign.Series

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 18
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:32:25 PM   
marcbarker

here is the screen shot....NOTE VISTA in Requirements

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by barker -- 9/9/2008 9:33:28 PM >

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 19
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:35:51 PM   
marcbarker

So is this an Official Matrix Support Problem......VISTA with the display issues, install issues etc?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 20
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:42:34 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

So is this an Official Matrix Support Problem......VISTA with the display issues, install issues etc?

Yup, as I thought, attitude problem

You could have simply asked for pointers/suggestions/tweaks to get it running in Vista - and in case you overlooked it : this is not the Matrix Support Forum, it's a gamer to gamer forum where any sort of technical problem with your rig can be brought up, but which seems to attract all sort of support problems for which this is *not* the correct forum.

I usually have no problem in helping people along here by pointing them in the right direction, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 21
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:51:49 PM   
what if

Hi

Hate to spoil a party but this thread is how to get official support ie what's the best approach - I don't want it turning into a slagging match!!

How do you get in touch with Eric, is he the director of tech support? - this is the last email I got from tech support on the 7th of August

Hi 
Please assist this customer and CC us on all correspondence to them, thanks 

Director Of Customer Support

Matrix Games:

150-L Greaves Lane
Suite 463
Staten Island, New York 10308
United States

- haven't got a clue who they sent it to - anybody know?

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 22
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 9:59:09 PM   
marcbarker

That was the point I was trying to get at...I trued several times as well and no response.....it isn't an attitude you said it did not say vista..i just stated it did and showed you is all.....no attitude

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to what if)
Post #: 23
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 10:00:50 PM   
marcbarker

I can pretty will fuddle my way through stuff but there is times when Officialk support is required no harm intended

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 24
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 10:04:06 PM   
marcbarker

here is the question I did post

Attachment (1)

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 25
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 10:05:41 PM   
what if

Fair dues - I just want my games again - that's all, then I will go away quite happily and promise never to disturb anybody ever, ever again!!

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 26
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 10:30:08 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: what if

Fair dues - I just want my games again - that's all, then I will go away quite happily and promise never to disturb anybody ever, ever again!!

I pm'd Erik this morning to check this. I understand he has been out. It may help if you sent him a PM.

I honestly can't figure out why it is not working for you (retrieving your order). I go to the store, then click the order status button and enter my email (that I purchased the game with) and then the last 5 of the credit card (that I purchased the game with). Note, even if your email changed, use the one you used when you bought the game. I have not had as much luck using the findmyorder.com link they give, but the order status link through the store works every time.

Barker: Interesting screenshot. I looked at the entry in the store and it did not show Vista. Thanks for pointing that one out. Anyway, Vista has been a mess for all but JTCS does work under it. I have had to tweak all kinds of stuff to get them to work. Until I just got sick and tired of it and went back to XP.

< Message edited by Terl -- 9/9/2008 10:33:45 PM >

(in reply to what if)
Post #: 27
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 10:53:50 PM   
marcbarker

i know the feeling..i had no issues with FoF or JTBG or even AGEOD...just JTCS...the point i was trying to get at and not to torque anyone is that I posed questions to the Matrix Tech Support and got nothing...they tweak JTCS every other day that you don't know what is changed or the like. I know in programming you do one thing in a line of code in a 100,000 line form and something is not right it snowballs. Especially if the tweaks are done by non official matrix support. In my past experience with software, companies do not honor the support if certain files have been touched.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 28
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 11:15:32 PM   
Terl

All in all I find the folks here, both gamers and staff, to be very supportive and helpful. Yeah, we all have our moments and as both gamers and history buffs combined we get passionate about what we think a game should be or do. I also own JTCS and I am very happy with it and have no problems at all, but, I probably look for different things in a game. I could care less if the OOB is 100% dead on or even if history is followed exactly. I just look for fun and challenge

I did see where you had some well thought out suggestions and also a couple where you may have been a bit harsh (insofar as no one can see facial expressions or detect mood via forum posts). I believe the folks that work with JTCS, though possibly not professional programmers as you may desire them to be, are still doing the best they can. I also know this forum is not the same as some others. I find that Stardock does this bit very well and they have very active participation in their forums and respond to ideas and complaints in a different way than here. I like both though.

If you really want to have some fun, go to some Harpoon forums Great game and some passionate well informed fans. I get so lost reading them sometimes what with the acronyms and equipment names... I was Army and even that was 20 years ago (yikes )

One last thought, in a couple places you may have seen to PM Erik...the guy's the best service-wise.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 29
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 11:16:52 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

they tweak JTCS every other day that you don't know what is changed or the like.

There have been four updates (including the pending 1.04 update), 1.03 was huge, beyond huge even. The next being sheduled for 2010 or 2011.

Every other day?

You are not required to update, they are optional.

quote:

In my past experience with software, companies do not honor the support if certain files have been touched.

These are official updates, so this is not an issue.

Jason Petho

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> What does it take to get support Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI