Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 8/14/2008 9:40:44 PM   
marcbarker

Is this version that is being touted as an official product release or not and is it technically supported by Matrix Employees?
Post #: 1
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 8/29/2008 11:19:36 PM   
Deputy

Since nobody is replying from Matrix, I'll give it a shot

Version 1.03 seems to be the OFFICIAL release. For right now it is being supported by Matrix. Version 1.04 is still a beta release and is only available to "registered members". It will probably go "official" some time next week and be available to everyone. Once 1.04 goes "official", there will be no more support for ANY prior release. Version 1.02 and it's variants are already unsupported, and the only place you'll find a download of 1.02 is on a website other than Matrix. Strangely, 1.02b is still available from this location. But it's just an OOB fix for 1.02:
http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/petho/images/MCS_TEMP_102B_20070806.zip I think because Jason is hosting it. Just guessing there though.

Personally, I am using 1.02b. I'm not a big fan of anti-tank artillery.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 2
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/5/2008 4:35:46 AM   
marcbarker

Thanks Deputy you are the only one I have seen to reply to these questions...again i thank you sir

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 3
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/5/2008 2:44:33 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker

Thanks Deputy you are the only one I have seen to reply to these questions...again i thank you sir

Glad to help. It seems there are at least of a few of us that aren't ga-ga over the new patches. We need to form a 1.02b team and organize. Maybe if Matrix realizes just how many there are, they might actually do something about fixing things.

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 4
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/5/2008 10:07:43 PM   
marcbarker

why not start a 1.02b thread with a petition...registered users only to sign..then they can do the numbers on possible revenue loss that may incur by this issue being overlooked....they could do feasibly 2 patches....2 products Gamers Edition with open mods etc...I would by that...would not have to worry about cross over games because of the update numbers.....you know as well as I if 1.03 tried to play a 1.02b it would not work....problem solved...they could even market that and you never know it could be more popular then the JTCS 1.04 c (Crap) edition

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 5
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 12:03:26 AM   
Deputy

quote:

why not start a 1.02b thread with a petition...registered users only to sign..then they can do the numbers on possible revenue loss that may incur by this issue being overlooked....they could do feasibly 2 patches....2 products Gamers Edition with open mods etc...I would by that...would not have to worry about cross over games because of the update numbers.....you know as well as I if 1.03 tried to play a 1.02b it would not work....problem solved...they could even market that and you never know it could be more popular then the JTCS 1.04 c (Crap) edition

LOL...it's sure tempting. But I've been poking a stick in Jason's eye pretty often lately. He's been pretty patient, but I don't want to antagonize him too much. I was thinking about starting up a poll about "which version are you using". The problem is it wouldn't be anonymous and a lot of guys don't want to make Jason feel bad. So I don't think the vote would be honest. I think a lot of 1.02b users are too embarassed to admit it. They praise the new patch, but go back and play with 1.02b. Plus the PBEM and Single scenario people are obviously more outspoken, because they got their way with the patches.

< Message edited by Deputy -- 9/6/2008 12:04:06 AM >

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 6
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 1:22:44 AM   
marcbarker

how true.....remember the archaic way the raft and boats for talonsoft version was...all you had to do was up the load capacity of the truck and carry eq...encrytp and blam there was the hauler....no special engineer unit needed...move the truck to same hex as the boat load and move....same with armor and such...but again this would be for DCG type things with an inf reg...river assault...those do occur in a DCG so you add to the core division level unit as a separte battalion....there you would have it....

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 7
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 1:25:25 AM   
marcbarker

There is still plenty of scenarios from the old talonsoft ddays on the net that could be incorporated.....remember the Hot War upgrade free of course....east german vs west german...hypothetical...was fun to play...they even included the chinese in one the last updates to a rising sun project...red china and china national

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 8
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 3:52:00 AM   
Mr. Guberman

...it appears that you guys are the official...

CS......custodians...or something like that...yous guys got all the gripes...

...what's with all of the complaining? Is it just because you can?

Offer up something, why don't you?...or just beat it.

This, "self flagulating" subject is getting really old. Hold it over a pot...and you could go on forever...for real.

Thanx andCheers

Curt

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 9
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 4:25:41 AM   
Eagle Strike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Guberman

...it appears that you guys are the official...

CS......custodians...or something like that...yous guys got all the gripes...

...what's with all of the complaining? Is it just because you can?

Offer up something, why don't you?...or just beat it.

This, "self flagulating" subject is getting really old. Hold it over a pot...and you could go on forever...for real.

Thanx andCheers

Curt

Second...

Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)

(in reply to Mr. Guberman)
Post #: 10
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 4:55:36 AM   
Deputy

Excuse me....but if you don't like the thread...move on.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Eagle Strike)
Post #: 11
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 5:43:30 AM   
marcbarker

I agree deupty....by the way how's 60mm area shots hitting the King Tigers....had 3 knocked out by the way

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 12
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 5:46:02 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

I agree deupty....by the way how's 60mm area shots hitting the King Tigers....had 3 knocked out by the way

Aww, muffin.

Jason Petho

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 13
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 12:17:39 PM   
marcbarker

yeah my tigers got popped again......

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 14
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 1:21:29 PM   
Warhorse

Bunch of whiners, why don't you just form your own little piss and moan club and get lost, we're tired of it. I've yet to see any of this BS, and I play this alot, plug in 1.02 and shut up.

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 15
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 2:40:28 PM   
Deputy

quote:

Makes me wonder how many Tigers are being knocked out by hand grenades and wooden clubs

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 16
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 2:41:35 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Bunch of whiners, why don't you just form your own little piss and moan club and get lost, we're tired of it. I've yet to see any of this BS, and I play this alot, plug in 1.02 and shut up.

Mike

As a matter of fact, we are seriously thinking of forming the 1.02b legion. BTW...how's swimming in that Denial River?

< Message edited by Deputy -- 9/6/2008 2:42:36 PM >

Squad Battles

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 17
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 3:08:50 PM   
Sweed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy

As a matter of fact, we are seriously thinking of forming the 1.02b legion. BTW...how's swimming in that Denial River?

So, you Barker and your Aunt Lilly? Unless you're playing a team game someone will have to sit out.

< Message edited by Sweed -- 9/6/2008 3:09:36 PM >

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 18
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 3:12:20 PM   
Sweed

quote:

I was thinking about starting up a poll about "which version are you using". The problem is it wouldn't be anonymous and a lot of guys don't want to make Jason feel bad. So I don't think the vote would be honest. I think a lot of 1.02b users are too embarassed to admit it. They praise the new patch, but go back and play with 1.02b.

Talk about denial.

< Message edited by Sweed -- 9/6/2008 3:13:16 PM >

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 19
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 3:17:47 PM   
Warhorse

No denial here man, seriously, I'm not having your difficulties, whatever.. Nuff said.

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Sweed)
Post #: 20
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 4:05:03 PM   
Der Oberst

quote:

quote:

Since nobody is replying from Matrix, I'll give it a shot

quote:

Excuse me....but if you don't like the thread...move on.

I'm very saddened to find out through this thread that apparently David Heath has gone to his great and final (not to mention justified as anyone who would run a wargaming company should qualify for sainthood) reward, and left Deputy in charge... David was a very dear friend and co worker of mine going all the way back to the old Gamers Net days. I will indeed miss him greatly. It is reassuring to know, however, that he has left this fine bastion of wargaming in such capable hands.

In his new role Mr. Deputy has teased us with hints of his grand plans to take Matrix - and more specifically the CS series to new heights of success. Since this forum section is titled "John Tiller's Campaign Series Support" I will be waiting with bated breath as he rolls out his plan to further extend support of Mr. Tillers fine wargame.

For now, I will get my popcorn, and sit down to watch the progress.

Regards,

Der Oberst
-----------------------------------------

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 21
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 5:32:40 PM   
Deputy

Sarcasm and derision are lost on me. Wasting your collective breaths. And there is a lot more than just me and Barker that have no use for tank-killing mortars.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Der Oberst)
Post #: 22
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/6/2008 5:32:42 PM   
marcbarker

Well I had several issues with Matrix, I even posted to the questions in the appropriate form to Matrix....no response, posted on here and got crap...so the heck with I am a member and have every right to vice my concern and stiplate what has occured to my game on my computer....you know if you are not in that clique of the beta brigade or whatever platoon it is...you get ignored and told the ideas you had are stupid or ignorant......Have you as on the Beta Brigade gotten over the Hump of adding an Army Commander to the promotion List? Have you thought about as a group of lets say einstein the theory of relativity....ie words....if i develop it  will it break and will it answer all the questions everyone has....hmmmmmmm...let me see ...Like I said before Eye CANDY is good but some of the process in order to get to the end result is terrible...the bridging stuff...the aircraft is cool but guess what it is scenario specific....LCG's is the same as 10 individual scenarios predefined with finite units....ever thought of adding that candy to the whole package instead of individual things..

(in reply to Der Oberst)
Post #: 23
RE: Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line - 9/7/2008 12:09:42 AM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

Sarcasm and derision are lost on me. Wasting your collective breaths. And there is a lot more than just me and Barker that have no use for tank-killing mortars.

As someone who's sort of peering at all of this from an outside perspective, obviously, Deputy, you have every right to express your concerns with certain game aspects. Of course you do! That's fine. The problem, as I see it, is that you seem to be doing so in EVERY thread in the JTCS forum. Nobody denies you your right to issue a complaint, sir, but you're sort of turning every conversation in the forum in to the same complaint. You have the right to complain, but you don't have the right to transform the entire forum in to your complaint.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Again I ask What is Matrix's Company Line Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI