Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.2 Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/31/2008 11:40:55 AM   
Roger Neilson II

I can see how it can be done with the current tracker, but tis a bit fiddly. What would be good is a screen that allowed just fragments to be found or a filter for that.

I also wonder whether when I find an LCU on a TF I currently seem to have to go to a separate screen to find where the TF is bound (I know I should have all this in my head - but I don't). Is it possible to have more than one window of tracker open at the same time?

That way I could see say an LCU on board a ship in a TF - and on another window could see where the TF was going....

I know i could just jump back and forward - but its messy.

Roger

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 481
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/31/2008 12:18:45 PM   
n01487477

All good ideas Roger ... I'll see what we can do, Otherwise opening two is impossible without making a copy of your Tracker folder and having two trackers running at once ...

Maybe we should include the TF destination ...

Things Floyd and I can consider.

Post #: 482
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/31/2008 1:00:06 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Yes the two tracker option is one I'd thought of but dismissed as its too easy to get the data muddled.

Roger

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 483
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/31/2008 1:36:27 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Yes the two tracker option is one I'd thought of but dismissed as its too easy to get the data muddled.

Roger

I'm a little reluctant to try multiple views at once - while it should work, I'd rather solve the problem a different way.

I added a tooltip on the location column thusly:

Post #: 484
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/3/2008 10:09:52 AM   
BigBadWolf

Might as well continue here. It says "Unable to access jarfile witptracker.jar". Strangely enough, that file is there....

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 485
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/3/2008 12:20:48 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

Might as well continue here. It says "Unable to access jarfile witptracker.jar". Strangely enough, that file is there....

Does your directory look like the one in this post (without the four trackerdb files, which the program creates once it runs)?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1897390

Otherwise, what is in the contents of WitPTracker.bat?

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 9/3/2008 12:21:18 PM >

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 486
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/3/2008 2:07:41 PM   
BigBadWolf

Yay, it worked. Dunno what happened, I tried one more time and it kicked in. 

Sorry for troubling you

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 487
RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/4/2008 4:06:14 PM   
n01487477

Just an update what I'm working on:-
1. ShipProduction - Date of Arrival and alerts for ships entering the build state.
2. Pilot reading.

Firstly let me say that Floyd and I have been hesitant until now to include this as it does increase the read time of the savefile and there are still some read & process errors which we are trying to overcome. Although, I must say since Floyd changed some code a while back, this has been much better. So he gave me the assignment of trying to incorporate this aspect of the game into Tracker.

a) Read times are up 15-40 sec, although I need to do some more testing regarding this. And will give specific values later.
b) We are worried that this may be a problem for some users and are thinking about having a disable option in the properties file, if people are concerned about this added read/process time .
c) I've added alerts for Pilots who are aces(KIA/MIA/WIA/RTA)
d) I've added an alert for Top Gun - not each turn, but when he kills again or another pilot becomes Top Gun.
e) An alert for pilots changing units.(Yet to do)

• So are there any other Alerts people might think of ? I wanted to keep it to a minimum, rather than have a pilot message each turn. What do people think about the added read times ?

f) Looking at adding pilot histories via a pop-up right now.

3. Engine and Plane production numbers are given a history via a pop-up ... but I want to combine these eventually and graph them.
    4. Revisit of LCU production numbers as I am not happy with it in its entirety. And TOE.

Below are just some quick SShots of things in progress ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
  • Post #: 488
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/4/2008 6:31:16 PM   
    VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

What do people think about the added read times ?

IMO not a problem as long as there's feedback in form of a (moving) progress bar.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 489
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/5/2008 1:01:09 AM   
    floydg

Some new LCU-related screens I'm working on now...

This shows the LCU TO&E:

This shows the new LCU history with the TO&E current and maximum:

And this shows a comparison of the current LCU to its Formation and a turn-by-turn history of how it's filling out (or falling apart):

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions...

Floyd

(in reply to VSWG)
    Post #: 490
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/5/2008 6:28:37 AM   
    BigBadWolf

That looks great Floyd, especially formation changes 

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 491
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/5/2008 4:47:52 PM   
    VSWG

My comments and suggestions:

and

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
    Post #: 492
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/5/2008 10:39:44 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

My comments and suggestions:

and

Yeah, just some of the things you asked for.

Floyd

(in reply to VSWG)
    Post #: 493
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/7/2008 2:49:17 PM   
    Thesix

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

• So are there any other Alerts people might think of ? I wanted to keep it to a minimum, rather than have a pilot message each turn. What do people think about the added read times ?

• Oh, a few days out and I miss many new features!
    All this sounds good

Well now, if you ask, I would say 40 sec. is ok when reading one turn.
    But for the multi turn read, I would like to have a check for each turn. That way, we could decide to read the pilot changes every 5 turns or every 10 turns for example when reading many turns, limiting the total amount of time needed.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 494
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/7/2008 3:56:27 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thesix

quote:

But for the multi turn read, I would like to have a check for each turn. That way, we could decide to read the pilot changes every 5 turns or every 10 turns for example when reading many turns, limiting the total amount of time needed.

I'm not sure we are going to do this as the read time has been hugely over exaggerated by myself, it is "pretty slick actually", as Floyd said to me in a recent email. I would tentatively agree that a halt at end of the current turn read should be included sometime ...

Thanks for the thoughts

---Damian--

(in reply to Thesix)
    Post #: 495
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/7/2008 5:05:07 PM   
    Thesix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thesix
    Oh, a few days out and I miss many new features!
    All this sounds good

I wanted to say Check Box of course
    But it's good news if it's faster than first estimations.

(in reply to Thesix)
    Post #: 496
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/10/2008 9:05:04 AM   
    n01487477

Multiple views of Pilot History ...

Haven't got pilot fate to work properly, but this is almost ready ... had to save as a gif so it has lost some quality ... any comments ?

[edit]Actually it might be cool to link with AGroup missions and destination ... maybe later...[edit2]actually just checked and this option is unavailable, we don't save that info ...

Got a little bit of other stuff left to do ... and of course work is always impinging on my time !

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/10/2008 3:00:07 PM >

(in reply to Thesix)
    Post #: 497
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/11/2008 8:19:37 AM   
    Ambassador

Floyd, Damian,

you're amazing, guys ! Since I bought WitP nearly a year ago, I've had to manually fill excell files with the info I wished to keep (and I like to keep everything or close), and it sometimes (often!) took longer than giving the orders. You're really saving up a lot of fun-time for all of us gamers. Even more so with the ships sunk feature ! That's one whole file to drop, yeah ! And LCU history is another ! And the upcoming pilot data are a whole new file I didn't even dare trying !

So, I thank you many times !

A few suggestions yet (constructive praise is better than useless praise, isn't it ?) : in the Ship classes data set, would it be possible to get a list of every current, sunk and building/arriving ship of a given class ? Currently it's possible by looking first in the Ship classes, then in the Ships data sets, but it takes time and jumping around from view to view.
    In the same panel, a handful filters would be useful : by side and by type for example, to ease the comparrisons. A few rows, maybe in a separate tag, with the number in the class current, number sunk, number due to upgrade, number to be built. This might be useful for fleet/TF planning.

Regarding as well ships, aircrafts and LCUs : in the various panels where data is given about the devices held by a unit/ship/aircraft, would it slow down the program too much if more data (effect, penetration, range, date for next upgrade, number in pool, etc) were shown ?
    I'm not a programmer, and my knowledge of computers is barely enough to understand very basic programming, so disregard this suggestion if it's too difficult and/or impossible to implement.

Bottom line : I've been using an earlier version of WitPTracker for several weeks/months now, without any problem noticed (at least when I didn't forget to copy/paste the save file in the WitPTracker directory...). I'll upgrade to 1.2 tonight, but I wanted to let you know that some people suffer no bug (and I'm operating under Vista). Keep up the good work.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 498
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/11/2008 6:43:31 PM   
    BigBadWolf

Ahem....me again... Err... Does the tracker works with RHSCVO? If yes, how?

Thanks.

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 499
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/11/2008 7:23:45 PM   
    cantona2

Wolf, ive tried to run Tracker with RHSMRAO and it didnt work.

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
    Post #: 500
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/11/2008 11:01:09 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

What didn't work about it? If we see what could be broken, we could try to fix it.

(in reply to cantona2)
    Post #: 501
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/11/2008 11:18:33 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Floyd, Damian,

you're amazing, guys ! Since I bought WitP nearly a year ago, I've had to manually fill excell files with the info I wished to keep (and I like to keep everything or close), and it sometimes (often!) took longer than giving the orders. You're really saving up a lot of fun-time for all of us gamers. Even more so with the ships sunk feature ! That's one whole file to drop, yeah ! And LCU history is another ! And the upcoming pilot data are a whole new file I didn't even dare trying !

So, I thank you many times !

You're quite welcome. I'd like to say it's been pure programming enjoyment, but well, debugging and tedious duplication of code make it not the pleasure it's cracked up to be...
    quote:

A few suggestions yet (constructive praise is better than useless praise, isn't it ?) : in the Ship classes data set, would it be possible to get a list of every current, sunk and building/arriving ship of a given class ? Currently it's possible by looking first in the Ship classes, then in the Ships data sets, but it takes time and jumping around from view to view.
    In the same panel, a handful filters would be useful : by side and by type for example, to ease the comparrisons. A few rows, maybe in a separate tag, with the number in the class current, number sunk, number due to upgrade, number to be built. This might be useful for fleet/TF planning.

The Summary panel has a Naval tab (well, that's the only tab right now), which summarizes the active ship classes. That's a start.

quote:

Regarding as well ships, aircrafts and LCUs : in the various panels where data is given about the devices held by a unit/ship/aircraft, would it slow down the program too much if more data (effect, penetration, range, date for next upgrade, number in pool, etc) were shown ?
    I'm not a programmer, and my knowledge of computers is barely enough to understand very basic programming, so disregard this suggestion if it's too difficult and/or impossible to implement.

I'll look into that.

quote:

Bottom line : I've been using an earlier version of WitPTracker for several weeks/months now, without any problem noticed (at least when I didn't forget to copy/paste the save file in the WitPTracker directory...). I'll upgrade to 1.2 tonight, but I wanted to let you know that some people suffer no bug (and I'm operating under Vista). Keep up the good work.

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 502
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/12/2008 7:56:24 AM   
    BigBadWolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

Have you tried deleting everything and installing it again? I did, and for now it seems work (RHSCVO. It would be even beter if some good souls would make region file

I would, but I don't know how....

(in reply to cantona2)
    Post #: 503
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/12/2008 7:58:44 AM   
    cantona2

Ill have to try that when i get home later Wolf

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
    Post #: 504
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/12/2008 4:13:04 PM   
    Ambassador

quote:

The Summary panel has a Naval tab (well, that's the only tab right now), which summarizes the active ship classes. That's a start.

Yes, that's where I started too. I regularly copy/paste the numbers on an excel file, and it helps to keep an eye on the numbers "to be found" when browsing through the other pages of the database.

quote:

I'll look into that.

Great !

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 505
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/14/2008 9:55:33 AM   
    Chris21wen

Pardon the question but what is RHSMRAO.

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 506
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/14/2008 10:25:21 AM   
    VSWG

It's a scenario of a mod called RHS.

http://www.rhs.akdreemer.com/rhs_choice.htm

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 507
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/14/2008 10:31:59 AM   
    Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Pardon the question but what is RHSMRAO.

Can't remember what the M stands for, but I believe it's one of the later additions and obviously one with the Russian Active Option (RAO).
    Might not be listed in the RHS manual, but I'm sure you'll find details in the scenario sub forum.

PS: RHSCVO worked for me as well.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 508
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/14/2008 11:57:44 AM   
    Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

Have you tried deleting everything and installing it again? I did, and for now it seems work (RHSCVO. It would be even beter if some good souls would make region file

I would, but I don't know how....

Use the base screen to transfer bases to different regions (region column). You can create a new region by going File/Regions and you'll get tthe little window.

You need to save it or you'll lose it with any new install so File/Export region to the region mapping folder. You can import them as well.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
    Post #: 509
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 9/14/2008 12:44:40 PM   
    BigBadWolf

Yeah, i figured it out, but thanks anyway, Chris. I'm trying to rework that CHS region file that comes with the tracker.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 510
    Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.2 Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI