Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When? - 9/16/2008 6:05:16 PM   
npilgaard

quote:

ORIGINAL: SewerStarFish
As you can see, the vast majority of the posters are quite patient; and those that aren't will still be customers. These progress reports and forums show the great progress. Thanks again.

And again!!
It is amazing how well you handle this massive undertaking - month after month and year after year.
Must be very satisfying to see the results of your hard work - gradually moving towards the end-product. No small task to have completed the creation/making of a game of such huge complexity.

Regards
Nikolaj

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 751
RE: When? - 9/17/2008 6:03:53 PM   
OB

Hi

I have also been following the development over the last few years.

I think Disney calls the queues for its rides pre entertainment areas, and employs musicians and entertainers to keep the waiting punters happy. Please can we have some more sexy screenshots in the screenshot area on the World in Flames welcome page to keep us happy while we wait?!

(in reply to npilgaard)
Post #: 752
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 12:13:09 AM   
Mr. Yuck

I didn't know where to post this: The Wikipedia article on WiF makes no mention of this project. If anybody on this forum does wiki-work...

(in reply to OB)
Post #: 753
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 4:51:15 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Yuck

I didn't know where to post this: The Wikipedia article on WiF makes no mention of this project. If anybody on this forum does wiki-work...

I'll just wait for the holographic, 3D, voice recognition, intelligent-agent Wikipedia. I'll make an entry via the quantum supercomputer wired into my brain that sits behind my left ear while I relax on my hover-deck and watch the Earthrise. The game should be close to release by then.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 754
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 5:00:33 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Yuck

IMO, Wiki is not a good source for correct information. There are much better sources for almost any subject.

Flipper

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 755
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 7:44:08 AM   
werwolf

quote:

I'll just wait for the holographic, 3D, voice recognition, intelligent-agent Wikipedia. I'll make an entry via the quantum supercomputer wired into my brain that sits behind my left ear while I relax on my hover-deck and watch the Earthrise. The game should be close to release by then.

Cheers, Neilster

(in repl

Simply great........

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 756
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 8:06:06 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: werwolf

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

(in repl

Simply great........

Hey hey hey matey! I'm a supporter. That tongue-in-check post is just the hilarious Neilster style

Don't you go emboldening bits of my post out of context and leaving off smilies, Mr Negative

Neilster

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 757
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 8:40:28 AM   
werwolf

Oooooh sorry....but you miserunderstanding me.....I'am a supporter too.....in hilarious way.......I'am completely sure that game wil be released (!?)...........just..............when?............

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 758
RE: When? - 9/18/2008 9:02:05 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: werwolf

Oooooh sorry....but you miserunderstanding me.....I'am a supporter too.....in hilarious way.......I'am completely sure that game wil be released (!?)...........just..............when?............

Well it must be pretty subtle humour from what I've seen, and MWiF will be released when it's ready.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 759
RE: When? - 9/19/2008 7:10:10 AM   
werwolf

Of course WiF will be released. I am sure about that and it will when it's ready.
......that mean all and nothing......

But I am optimist and I will be one of the first buyer.......when it will be ready.....of course......

"touché"

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 760
RE: When? - 9/20/2008 7:04:36 PM   
macgregor

I'm curious how these projected release dates are being calculated. Is there a monthly task list in place all the way until March 2009? If so, does this task list take into account the success percentage of previous task lists? Forgive me, but there's a lot of this game's development that doesn't hold my interest. I will start to get excited when I can anticipate the game's release. Right now I'm going through 'anticipation fatigue'. I wonder to what degree Steve is being actually helped and to what degree over-lobbied. He has a heart of gold and I'm sure he wants to make everyone happy. I suppose I should just wait for an official release date to be announced.

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 761
RE: When? - 9/20/2008 9:36:31 PM   
YohanTM2

bump up a bit to the highly comprehensive list Steve provides at the start of every month.

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor

I'm curious how these projected release dates are being calculated. Is there a monthly task list in place all the way until March 2009? If so, does this task list take into account the success percentage of previous task lists? Forgive me, but there's a lot of this game's development that doesn't hold my interest. I will start to get excited when I can anticipate the game's release. Right now I'm going through 'anticipation fatigue'. I wonder to what degree Steve is being actually helped and to what degree over-lobbied. He has a heart of gold and I'm sure he wants to make everyone happy. I suppose I should just wait for an official release date to be announced.

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 762
RE: When? - 9/21/2008 6:54:26 PM   
macgregor

I'm afraid your response does not address my question. But it's not that important. I would have to imagine Steve is making all the necessary calculations. My fingers are crossed for March 2009. While I'm not too interested in the minutia of an AI or PBEM that I can't imagine myself using, who knows. It may make it interestingly unpredictable having an AI control...Brazil for example. I have a copy of WiFFE I have yet to do anything with and probably wont. Beware of the Ides of March. I'll have my bids ready.

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 763
RE: When? - 9/23/2008 9:58:03 AM   
yvesp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

MWIF will have the following modes of play:

Single computer
Solitaire: one player moves all the units and makes all the decisions.
Hotseat: two players (Axis and Allied sides) play using the same computer.
AI Opponent: one player plays either the Axis or Allied side and the AIO plays the other.

Mulitple computers
PBEM: two players (Axis and Allied sides) play by sending their decisions over the internet using email.
Internet: 2 to 6 players play by sending messages over the internet. Usually all players will have to be "logged in" at the same time but there are some provisions for bringing players up-to-date if they have not been connected the whole time.

Uncooperating countries share very little if any, bare the fact that they act on the same side.
OK, I agree that they can still make joint efforts sometimes, but this is not a common occurence an can be overlooked.

Would it be possible without too much change to add an alternate possibility for one side (Axis or Allies) to have the AI handle everything for an uncooperating block of the alliance ?

Such "blocks" would be:
* Western Allies (including France because you can hardly play France without some sort of extensive dialog with Britain)
* Russia
* Germany/Italy
* Japan

This would let the player play a given area of the war without commiting himself to playing his whole side.

Exemples for this could be:

Pacific war, Japanese side :
Italy/Germany handled by the AI while the player concentrates on playing Japan (against the Allies) ?

The Great Patriotic War:
Western Allies handled by the AI while the player concentrates on playing Russia (against the Axis) ?

Yves

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 764
RE: When? - 9/23/2008 10:04:05 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: yvesp

quote:

MWIF will have the following modes of play:

Single computer
Solitaire: one player moves all the units and makes all the decisions.
Hotseat: two players (Axis and Allied sides) play using the same computer.
AI Opponent: one player plays either the Axis or Allied side and the AIO plays the other.

Mulitple computers
PBEM: two players (Axis and Allied sides) play by sending their decisions over the internet using email.
Internet: 2 to 6 players play by sending messages over the internet. Usually all players will have to be "logged in" at the same time but there are some provisions for bringing players up-to-date if they have not been connected the whole time.

Uncooperating countries share very little if any, bare the fact that they act on the same side.
OK, I agree that they can still make joint efforts sometimes, but this is not a common occurence an can be overlooked.

Would it be possible without too much change to add an alternate possibility for one side (Axis or Allies) to have the AI handle everything for an uncooperating block of the alliance ?

Such "blocks" would be:
* Western Allies (including France because you can hardly play France without some sort of extensive dialog with Britain)
* Russia
* Germany/Italy
* Japan

This would let the player play a given area of the war without commiting himself to playing his whole side.

Exemples for this could be:

Pacific war, Japanese side :
Italy/Germany handled by the AI while the player concentrates on playing Japan (against the Allies) ?

The Great Patriotic War:
Western Allies handled by the AI while the player concentrates on playing Russia (against the Axis) ?

Yves

Yes, this is hard to do. The AI Opponent controls all its units and figures out what to do. When adding humans to its side, there is always the question of communicating between the human and the computer. For instance, try writing down all the instructions for a robot to go to the store and buy a loaf of bread. Have plenty of paper available before you start.

I have the AI Assistant as part of MWIF product 2.

There are scenarios which address some of what you want to do here. For instance, Fascist Tide is the full war, but limited just to Europe.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to yvesp)
Post #: 765
RE: When? - 9/23/2008 10:13:59 AM   
peskpesk

My uneducated opinion, Japan is the only Major power that does not need communicating between the human and the computer, since it can’t cooperate with any of its axis weapon brooders. So it might be easier to pull of, my dreams are that in a patch for MWIF product 1, we might see this "option AI GE/IT human JP".

< Message edited by peskpesk -- 9/23/2008 10:15:15 AM >

"'Malta - The Thorn in Rommel's Side"

Post #: 766
RE: When? - 9/24/2008 11:33:42 AM   
Neilster

WW2 raged for (depending on when you start and stop counting) 6 years and 1 day (1st Sep 1939 to 2nd Sep 1945).

Matrix announced that it was taking-over/developing the computer version of World in Flames on Oct 21 2003. So on Oct 22 2009, we could have actually fought WW2 in the time it has taken to develop MWiF

That's right folks. The Nazi subjugation of Europe by Blitzkrieg, the long Battle of the Atlantic, the Allied bomber offensives, Japan's spectacular advance, the vast struggle on the Eastern Front, D-Day and the Allied drive into the heart of the Third Reich, the island hopping campaign in the Pacific, the development of nuclear weapons and the titanic production effort of all sides: they fit into this time period.

Thus, if the tentative March release slips a bit (let's be honest here ) then maybe Oct 22 2009 would be an appropriate day for it

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 767
RE: When? - 9/24/2008 5:06:32 PM   
Norman42

Yeah, but Hitler didn't have to run on Vista.

-------------

C.L.Norman

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 768
RE: When? - 9/24/2008 6:19:21 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

WW2 raged for (depending on when you start and stop counting) 6 years and 1 day (1st Sep 1939 to 2nd Sep 1945).

Matrix announced that it was taking-over/developing the computer version of World in Flames on Oct 21 2003. So on Oct 22 2009, we could have actually fought WW2 in the time it has taken to develop MWiF

That's right folks. The Nazi subjugation of Europe by Blitzkrieg, the long Battle of the Atlantic, the Allied bomber offensives, Japan's spectacular advance, the vast struggle on the Eastern Front, D-Day and the Allied drive into the heart of the Third Reich, the island hopping campaign in the Pacific, the development of nuclear weapons and the titanic production effort of all sides: they fit into this time period.

Thus, if the tentative March release slips a bit (let's be honest here ) then maybe Oct 22 2009 would be an appropriate day for it

Cheers, Neilster

Yes, but the people "developping" WWII were far many than the ones developping MWiF.
If we were 30 millions to work on the game, it would be ready next week

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 769
RE: When? - 9/25/2008 10:13:43 AM   
yvesp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp
Yes, but the people "developping" WWII were far many than the ones developping MWiF.

hum...

The fact is that it (unfortunately) doesn't work this way.
Experience shows that in computer programming, it takes about sqare root(number of people involved) months to have all these people work as one team on one project. This would take about 450 years for those 30000000 people... And in the meantime, they all would break Steve's good programming and send the project back for centuries.

It's best we let Steve work his wonders alone, even if the product doesn't arrive on schedule.

For my part, I'm not keen on waiting for yet another 450 years...

Yves

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 770
RE: When? - 9/25/2008 10:25:05 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: yvesp
quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

hum...

The fact is that it (unfortunately) doesn't work this way.
Experience shows that in computer programming, it takes about sqare root(number of people involved) months to have all these people work as one team on one project. This would take about 450 years for those 30000000 people... And in the meantime, they all would break Steve's good programming and send the project back for centuries.

It's best we let Steve work his wonders alone, even if the product doesn't arrive on schedule.

For my part, I'm not keen on waiting for yet another 450 years...

Yves

OK... too bad...

(in reply to yvesp)
Post #: 771
RE: When? - 9/25/2008 11:39:58 PM   
AbeSimpson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norman42

Sure? He lost the war and take look at his decisions........

(in reply to Norman42)
Post #: 772
RE: When? - 9/25/2008 11:44:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbeSimpson

quote:

Are you saying that, ..... ..... ..... the Nazis invented Vista?

Steve

(in reply to AbeSimpson)
Post #: 773
RE: When? - 9/26/2008 10:07:38 PM   
Froonp

Vista is Great !
Vista & Windows 2008 are a killer team !!! They are great !!

Post #: 774
RE: When? - 10/1/2008 9:42:25 PM   
AbeSimpson

The only thing I can say is:
Fuehrerbunker, Zuse 3, secret U-Boot Missions, Wernher von Braun, CIA, Nixon, Silicon Valley, Bill Gates........
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbeSimpson

quote:

Are you saying that, ..... ..... ..... the Nazis invented Vista?

Post #: 775
RE: When? - 10/2/2008 2:06:27 AM   
Cyote13_MatrixForum

And as for the 6 year mark, I guess those of us that "helped" with the original ADG version were simply the warm up acts....like Spain, Ethiopia, or Austria?

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 776
RE: When? - 10/2/2008 2:49:02 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyote13

And as for the 6 year mark, I guess those of us that "helped" with the original ADG version were simply the warm up acts....like Spain, Ethiopia, or Austria?

I started with the code from CWIF, which included all the data for the map and most of the units. Those data files were enormous: terrain for 70,200 hexes plsu all the hexside terrain as well. Unit data for thousands of units. We have done a lot in the 39 months I have been working on this for Matrix Games, but at no time should anyone think I started with a blank sheet of paper. While I have changed a lot of the outward appearance of the map and units on the screen, the underlying code for drawing, scrolling, and zooming the map, and picking up and moving the units, is unchanged from CWIF.

When I signed on to do MWIF it was suggested by some people that I start from scratch. My unequivocal answer was "No way."

So, thanks for the work done by all who helped develop CWIF.

Steve

(in reply to Cyote13_MatrixForum)
Post #: 777
RE: When? - 10/2/2008 5:09:15 AM   
panzers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Cheers, Neilster

You know,
If I didn't love this game as much as I do, I would almost have to agree with you on that. Brilliant observation, Neil. I'm sure Steve would just love that idea, lol

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 778
RE: When? - 10/2/2008 8:11:11 AM   
undercovergeek

update! update!! update!!!

thats was supposed to sound like a chant - please dont take it as an ignorant demand

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 779
RE: When? - 10/2/2008 9:40:52 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

October 1, 2008 Status Report for Matrix Games’ MWIF Forum

Accomplishments of September

Project Management
Our current plans are to release MWIF product 1 in late March, 2009. There is still some uncertainty about NetPlay. If Dan can get it working in October, then we should make the above date. But if he doesn’t, then I am going to spend the month of November writing the technical code for NetPlay. That will delay the release by a month.

Communications
I monitored all the threads in the MWIF World in Flames forum daily and uploaded versions 11.00, 11.01, and 11.02 (later today) to the beta testers.

Patrice make a few more adjustments to the map data which I included in version 11.01. He also was in communication with the WIF players on the Yahoo forum and Harry Rowland about a poorly worded rule. We have that straightened out now, so I can code it.

Dan has been very busy with his consulting company. While things are going well for him personally/professionally, it hasn’t left him with any time for NetPlay.

Peter Skoglund continues to help with developing scripts for the AI Opponent.

Robert Nebel uploaded a revised version of the Test Scripts.

Michael Andersen started work on the convoy pipelines for the Global War scenario.

Nothing new on unit writeups.

No information from Matrix about getting a price on a printed copy of the map.

No communications with Chris Marinacci or Harry Rowland.

Hardware and Software Development Tools
I have not installed ThemeEngine July/2007 - the status on this is unchanged.

Beta Testing
I uploaded 11.00 and 11.01 in the latter part of September. After posting this status report, I will upload 11.02 for the beta testers. The first half of September was devoted almost exclusively to finishing digressions which necessitated changing the content/structure of saved games. Because this invalidated all previously saved games, I delayed uploading 11.00 until the variables for all the digressions were finalized.

The changes in all the 11.xx versions have been to do with phases and digressions. Along the way I fixed some bugs. Actually, the bugs were what motivated me to make the changes regarding the phases and digressions: it was simply too difficult to figure out the ramifications of the interdependencies in the code one bug at a time. After restructuring, I was able to solve a half dozen problems almost immediately, because I knew where to look in the code. Equally import, I didn’t have to worry about causing new bugs since the interdependencies had been removed.

Units, Map, and Scenarios
Mediterranean weather for southern California and a few other scattered relocations of cities in the US have been Patrice’s changes over the past month. Some of the Faeroes Islands became mountainous terrain. Nothing new with the units except for one Mexican air unit than needed a 1 changed to a 0 in its data file.

Optional Rules
Nothing new, though in the process of restructuring code I reviewed and documented numerous phases, many of which included optional rules (e.g., defensive shore bombardment, emergency HQ supply). In all I knocked another 10 hours off the task list for optional rules (there are now 100 hours remaining).

Player Interface
I expanded the use of the Selectable Units List, which enables the player to click beside any of its displayed units to have the map center on the unit. Clicking on the unit itself, “picks the unit up”, just as if the player had done so from the Flyouts or from the hex. I still need to add a “right click” popup that shows all legal destinations for a unit in this list.

The purpose behind the Selectable Units List is to relieve the player of the task of finding all the units that can move in a phase. This is intended for use when there are only a handful of units available in the phase. Therefore, it is not used in the land or naval movement phases, since dozens, if not hundreds of units might be capable of moving.

Currently, the phases for which the Selectable Units List is displayed are: all air phases (subphases: CAP, attacker/defender fly bombers/escorts, attacker/defender fly interceptors, anti-aircraft fire, return to base), Naval Air, Unload Land Units, Invasion, Emergency HQ Supply (part of Land Combat), Defensive Shore Bombardment, Offensive Shore Bombardment, Defensive HQ Support, Offensive HQ Support, Air Rebase, Reform, and Factory Destruction.

I am also using the Selectable Units List during digressions: Relocate Units, Rebase Overrun Units, and Return Units to Base.

Internet - NetPlay
I am waiting on Dan, but I am also clearing my desk of other tasks, so if need be I can focus on NetPlay for the entire month of November.

CWIF Conversion
Aside from the MWIF Game Engine changes described below, not a lot happened here. I did spiff up the Reorganization form, which is used when reorganizing units during an impulse: by ATR, HQ, or TRS. I also modified the Air-to-air Combat form so it no longer uses drag and drop to arrange units, but the simpler method of pressing the left and right arrow keys to reposition air units so they are arranged as you desire for air-to-air combat.

As I worked on giving each phase its own module, I added Game Record Log (GRL) entries for the phase. These are required for all modes of play, but especially for NetPlay.

MWIF Game Engine
Once the digressions were mostly finished (I still have overstacking and naval interceptions to do), I was able to tackle the fragmented code for each phase. What I have been doing this year is to place the code for each phase into its own module (i.e., Pascal file). Earlier this year I did this for the DOW phase (1700 lines of code) and I just finished the last of the 8 air phases this month; they average 1800 lines of code per air phase module. I had already done most of the early phases: Lending, Choose Action, Initiative, etcetera.

Most of the remaining phases are markedly smaller. This month I completed the modules for the phases: Air Rebase, Air Reorganization (the 8th air phase, using an ATR), Emergency HQ Supply, End of Turn, HQ Reorganization, Naval Reorganization (using a TRS), Offensive HQ Support, Defensive HQ Support, Land Combat Declaration, Liberation, Notional Units, Partisans, Defensive Shore Bombardment, and Offensive Shore Bombardment. Except for Air Reorganization, most of these are only 250 lines of code or so.

What is gained by having the code for each phase in its own module is that I can structure each module to deal with the 4 tasks required in a phase: initialization, processing, completion by a major power, and termination. When I need to make changes to the sequence of play for PBEM, that will be easy to do: all the relevant code for each phase will be isolated from all the other code. CWIF grouped code by task, so, for instance, initialization of all phases was in one place. But then to understand how, say, the Ground Support phase was initialized, I had to read through the code for the other 59 phases.

Besides handling the initialization of variables, the initialization routine determines which major powers have decisions to make in the phase. If there are none, then it skips to the next phase. When there are major powers that have to decide, the initialization routine calls WhoNeedsToDecide which handles the dissemination of that information to all the players (i.e., computers) so everyone knows what is happening.

The processing tasks generally rely on either the player moving units about on the map or making decisions using a form. For instance, Action Choice uses a form, while HQ Support is done using the map. All of the air phases use the map for moving units around, and also use the Air-to-air Combat and Anti-air Combat forms. One of the major difficulties in programming MWIF is that each of the 60 phases and 82 subphases has its own unique characteristics. Those 82 subphases are for the 14 phases that have subphases, including the sub-subphases for the air-to-air combat subphase.

As each major power completes its decision making in the phase/subphase, the program passes that information along to everyone and determines if there is more to be done. For example, after you have decided on an Action Type for Germany, the program brings up the same form for Italy, and later for Japan. Once all major powers have completed their decision making, the phase is terminated and the last task of the module is to clean up all the temporary variables that were generated. Game Control then advances to the next phase.

This is a clean design and it is only possible because I have pulled all the code for digressions out and given those their own separate module. The Digression module handles the numerous oddities in the sequence of play (e.g., forced rebasing due to overruns). Those were described in last month’s report, so I will not detail them here.

Saved Games
This seems to be working ok.

Player’s Manual
Nothing was scheduled.

PBEM
Nothing was scheduled.

Historical Detail, Animations, and Sound
Nothing new.

Help System and Tutorials
I have been making a few touch ups to the Rules as Coded (RAC) document over the past couple of months. I guess it is time for me to type those up and disseminate a new version to the beta testers.

After going through RAC carefully so I could write the code for the digression correctly, I reviewed the diagrams I had created for the sequence of play. In several places I made edits, mostly for clarity, rather than of substance. Because these diagrams form the basis for the tutorial pages on the sequence of play, I now have the task of someday going back to the Tutorial #10, Sequence of Play, graphics and making those same edits.

AI Opponent
Peter Skoglund has been working through dozens of minor countries laying out alternative setups for them when they enter the war. With each setup he has the conditional rules defined as to when the setup should be used. Because he has been posting these to the MWIF forum, he has been able to refine these scripts based on feedback from forum members.

I haven’t found the time to write the last section of the documentation for LAIO.

Other
My quartet lost its tenor, who moved to South Carolina last week, sigh. We could scramble around and try to find another tenor except it looks like we will lose our baritone in January or February 2009 when he moves to Maui. For now, I am not thinking about the quartet, since I am heavily involved in preparing for the convention we are hosting October 29th to November 1st. I spent almost an entire week in September working on that.

====================================================================
September summary: Completing more of the Digression code and restructuring the sequence of play so each phase has its own module consumed almost the entire month.
====================================================================

Tasks for October

Communications
Continue monitoring the forum threads.

Map and Units
Nada.

Beta Testing
Upload versions weekly. [est. 2 hours]

Redesign of MWIF Game Engine
Continue to work through the sequence of play giving each phase its own module. [est. 100 hours]

CWIF Conversion

Convert CWIF style internet formats to Game Record Log Formats. [est. 20 hours]

Player Interface
Finish the code for determining and displaying supply lines. [est. 10 hours]

Complete the Task Forces forms. Implement Task Forces as a new “unit type”. [est. 30 hours]

Create hex destination lists for air missions. [est 10 hours]

Optional Rules
Review, comment, modify, and create code for optional rules [est. 20 hours]

NetPlay
Implement the bidding capability using NetPlay. [est. 10 hours]
Incorporate the Indy10 code for the two player system into MWIF. [est. 20 hours]
Incorporate the multi-player (more than 2) system into MWIF. [est. 10 hours in November]

AI Opponent
Define LAIO variables with their supporting functions. Design the parser for LAIO. Create a few more rules as text and encode them for testing the parser. [est. 30 hours]

Help System and Tutorials
Nothing scheduled until February.

Player’s Manual
Nothing scheduled until January.

Historical Detail, Animations, and Sound
Nothing scheduled until February.

Other
I have been doing a lot of work scheduling Pan Pacific 2008 Convention events (October 29th to November 1st) that we are hosting for 850 barbershoppers in Honolulu. In September this took up a week of my time - an all volunteer organization with no clear chain of command results in very inefficient operations. I expect to spend another week on this in October, including the last 3 days, when the actual convention will take place.
================================================================
October summary: Keep the beta testers busy and respond to their bug reports. Continue work on Game Record Log conversions to support NetPlay for the rest of the sequence of play. Finish giving every phase its own module.
================================================================

Steve

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI