Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few tactical notes...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> A few tactical notes... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few tactical notes... - 9/29/2008 3:42:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

These are from the readme included in the release, just wanted to make sure that everyone notices them:

9/29/2008 v1.00 – Initial Release

Rules Addendum:

1. In addition to directly attacking enemy units, Cavalry and Artillery are able to support other attacking and defending friendly units in combat. Cavalry must be adjacent to the Defender’s hex in a combat to lend support. Artillery must be within two hexes of the Defender’s hex in a combat to lend support. A combat can only be supported by one Artillery and one Cavalry unit. These units support combat with the following bonuses at their base level:
a. Horse Artillery: 8%
b. Foot Artillery: 13%
c. Siege Artillery: 4%
d. Light Cavalry: 16%
e. Heavy Cavalry: 17%

2. When the player holds the mouse over an enemy unit to initiate a combat, a summary of combat bonuses and penalties for both sides is displayed in the center of the bottom interface bar, above the expected losses caused. These bonuses are as follows, from top to bottom:
a. Attack Across River Penalty
b. Terrain Attack Penalty
c. Terrain Cavalry Penalty
d. Weather Penalty
e. Support Bonus (Cavalry + Artillery)

Attachment (1)

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: A few tactical notes... - 9/30/2008 12:04:21 AM   
Ola Berli

Erik, excellent rules! Make the Nappy feel better.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: A few tactical notes... - 2/4/2010 7:57:00 PM   
David25

What is the range of hexes for the leadership rating? Or does the leader only benefit the unit he is attached to?

(in reply to Ola Berli)
Post #: 3
RE: A few tactical notes... - 2/5/2010 2:14:06 PM   
Joe Steel

4 for generals and 3 for the admirals

(in reply to David25)
Post #: 4
RE: A few tactical notes... - 9/14/2013 4:12:23 AM   
Symple

Nice, I know I am late, but very informative

(in reply to Joe Steel)
Post #: 5
RE: A few tactical notes... - 9/14/2013 3:33:21 PM   
Agathosdaimon

its a good game in its own unique way, its abstract to make napoleon wars play like strategic command ww2 european theater but it plays out okay and can have some historical results

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 6
RE: A few tactical notes... - 10/1/2013 5:24:28 AM   
Symple

I do agree. It is fun to play and the scenarios can be historical.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 7
RE: A few tactical notes... - 10/3/2013 1:18:34 AM   
Uncle_Joe

I've actually 'rediscovered' this game and I'm having a blast playing it PBEM with a friend. I took bits and pieces of other people's mods and created my own and wow, the game system for this is really compelling.

We've been fighting back and forth battles all over Europe for the better part of the first few years of the game. I think we're in late 1807 now and it's nowhere near decided (although I think I broke the back of the French in the South and I'm moving a Russia army of about 8 corps to retake Venice and hopefully push back into Italy. In the North, Prussia is pushed back all the way to Konigsberg but it holding out there. In Portugal, Britain and Spain/France are also somewhat stalemated with neither side having the firepower to actually drive the other back. I'm losing ground with my Brits but they are stalling a LOT of French and Spanish corps waaaaay of in the West so I guess they are doing their job. ;)

Anyways, I really wish this game was still supported. It really just needed a few tweaks and adjustments and it could be a fantastic introductory level game.

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 8
RE: A few tactical notes... - 11/26/2017 9:56:51 AM   
Zecke

ERIK; if time and money we want this battles if possible and art.

-WATERLOO I
-WATERLOO II.HILL
-BLADENSBURG
-PLANCENOIT...there is more; but sure you dont have time; if time i will edit and posted more.

(in reply to Uncle_Joe)
Post #: 9
RE: A few tactical notes... - 11/29/2017 10:30:34 AM   
Agathosdaimon

unfortunately i dont think they will ever be able to add anything new to the game as i raised this with them before and the word is that the developer disappeared and took the source code or whatever with them - something like that,.... (though i found this all odd as the Commander Great War game still seems alive and kicking and isnt it the same engine - i dont see why a new redone version of Commander Napoleon at War couldnt be done)

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> A few tactical notes... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI