Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

12 man championship

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> 12 man championship Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12 man championship - 10/7/2008 12:10:33 AM   
VCFL Commish

Well in the process of setting up a file to make championship between the
RCSL-On board
MBCFL-On board
MBCIS-0n board
VCFL- On board

Well how it will work is like this the MBCFL will be used as the base league since its the largest pro league.The attributes for each player will be averaged out so say
Speed Slotback
80 MBCFL
75 RCSL
60 MBCIS
83 VCFL
So since the base is 80 we go from there.RCSL would have there speed for slotback increased by 5 for each slotback VCFL would have there slotbacks decreased by 3 points.This will be done for each position for each team.
Not a perfect solution but should be interesting.Hopefully it will leave greater cooperation between the league.For example the VCFL is full sending a prospective new owner to that league and so on.
Post #: 1
RE: 12 man championship - 10/7/2008 2:41:37 AM   
mbsports

Interesting - I think CIS should largely be left as is as it is an Amateur Level team and I think it might be cool...albeit kind of cruel to have them as an amateur level team... they'd get slaughtered most certainly though... they should maybe not get the full bump...

This should be pretty cool, I'm looking forward to it.

MBCFL Season is at Week 11 and will be up in a few weeks.

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 2
RE: 12 man championship - 10/15/2008 2:58:20 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://ca.geocities.com/football_canadian/Super12/IFCFAtts.htm

I did the averages for the players for the championship.The RCSL and VCFL were made from the same file.I didn`t bother do the CIS league sijnce we are going to use there attributes without changing them.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 3
RE: 12 man championship - 10/15/2008 6:39:03 PM   
mbsports

Thanks - they're kids so they should get no boosts IMO!!! Now the real question to me is - can a group of these guys come up and maybe take on a pro team and win?  That's a strong strong challenge and hopefully we'll see some interesting games.  Now they could just get throttled 65-3 but I think they'll put a good game forward.

Right now if you want favorites to get to this champions league I'd say for CFL I'm going to lean on the Ottawa Renegades as they're just a very solid team led by rookie QB Gary Novak but CIS... I gotta go with Greg Fonua's Concordia Stingers.  I just think they have the top QB and will get it done.

Post #: 4
RE: 12 man championship - 10/21/2008 2:46:51 PM   
Brodie

Love the idea we have 4 teams at 4 and 2.Ottawa (kansas) ,Mexico City ,Red Deer and South Sydney that could be sent to represent Rugby Canada Super League.It should be interesting going from 5 downs to three looking forward to the Matches

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 5
RE: 12 man championship - 10/21/2008 2:48:36 PM   
Brodie

Make that 5 teams at 4 and 2 Regina is also there.

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 6
RE: 12 man championship - 10/21/2008 4:44:28 PM   
VCFL Commish

For the VCFL we have a few teams to go for it.Calgary,Leipzig to me are the front runners to represent the VCFL.

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 7
RE: 12 man championship - 10/21/2008 5:08:11 PM   
VCFL Commish

Proposed Format

Week 1
VCFL @ MBCFL
MBCIS @ RCSL
Week 2
RCSL @ MBCFL
VCFL @ MBCIS
Week 3
MBCFL @ MBCIS
RCSL @ VCFL
Week 4 Championship
2nd @ 1st

Do any of the leagues have a problem with this format.

Post #: 8
RE: 12 man championship - 10/21/2008 10:17:57 PM   
mbsports

I think that it's a fantastic layout... might want a 3 v. 4 just to round it out but I think you've done a really nice job putting this thru!

If you need anything, just let me know.

Post #: 9
RE: 12 man championship - 10/24/2008 5:18:27 PM   
Brodie

Yes it would be nice to have a bronze metal game.
1 Gold RCSL
2 Silver MBCFL
3 Brooze VCFL

Just a prediction lol

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 10
RE: 12 man championship - 10/25/2008 5:20:16 AM   
mbsports

I agree with Brodie that those 3 teams will split the honors, no idea what order though.  The CIS kids if they get a win it'll be a miracle.

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 11
RE: 12 man championship - 11/9/2008 8:33:29 PM   
VCFL Commish

Concordia Stingers first team to make it to the tournament congradulations.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 12
RE: 12 man championship - 11/9/2008 9:39:05 PM   
mbsports

And MBFL has team #2 in the Tourney - The Ottawa Renegades won a defensive showdown in the snows of Calgary downing the Saskatchewan Roughriders 12-6 in a game that was dominated by defense.  Rookie QB Gary Novak led the Gades' first MBCFL Grey Cup championship.

Post #: 13
RE: 12 man championship - 11/11/2008 11:01:47 PM   
VCFL Commish

mbsports could you email me the CFL and CIS MDB so I can update the rosters for the two winning teams.

.football_canadian@yahoo.co.uk

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 14
RE: 12 man championship - 11/27/2008 4:52:11 PM   
Brodie

Thanks for waiting on us to declaire ouyr champion.RCSL will be sending the Ontario Raiders.

Post #: 15
RE: 12 man championship - 12/11/2008 5:25:43 PM   
Brodie

Whats the status on the competition? I know that all the leagues are running now we are the only ones on break.So I do understand if there delays just curious how are league matches up against the others

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 16
RE: 12 man championship - 12/12/2008 1:12:48 AM   
mbsports

We will start by running a few games this weekend!  It just so happens that both games are taking place at Frank Clair Stadium in Ottawa.  I've spent some time this week making lineup adjustments and cuts so that the CIS team does not have their full contingent of 60 players and so that the Renegades are in line as well.  That and I do really want to make sure that we don't go in with playbooks that blow up the whole thing. 

I am planning to watch the games as well which means that I need a good couple hour window to run them in.  I'm planning on doing so this Saturday starting at 12:00 PM Eastern US Time - IE Detroit time. 

The Leipzig Troubadours are taking on the Ottawa Renegades
and the college boys, the Concordia Stingers are taking on the Ottawa Raiders. 

I'll have live play by play for the games and in addition I'll be taking screenshots throughout the games as we complete the first set of games.  The fans in Ottawa are stoked as they have 2 of the top 12 man teams in the world playing and it should make for a fantastic atmosphere.

I will post some setup information and updates in this thread so that people can follow in real time the goings on.  That's the joy of having an operations center like I have here in my batcave.

Thanks,

Mb

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 17
12 Man Championship - Live From Ottawa - 12/13/2008 5:14:18 PM   
mbsports

Good Morning and Welcome to the Nation's Capital where the Leipzig Troubadours and Ottawa Renegades are getting ready to kick off a full day of football.  The Renegades won the MBCFL championship in surprising fashion with rookie QB Gary Novak at the helm.  For Leipzig it will be Eric Crouch starting at QB. 

And we're on for the Max FB 12 Man Champions League

the kickoff is taken by Capers back for 9 yards and good field position for the Troubs at their own 41.  Incomplete on first down looking for the slotback and we move to second down. 
Crouch Passing, complete and it's a first down to the Renegades 48. Hippler the big catch for 21 yards.

1st and 10 Troubadours in Renegades territory, handoff to the right outside run stoped for a 2 yard gain - Edwards on the carry. Staggs the tackle for Ottawa.
2nd and 8 - lined up in the gun.  Crouch throws, complete to Montana, but stopped behind the line for a 1 yard loss.  Looking for a WR screen pass that wasn't there and here comes the kicking team.  Craig holding, for Kleinmann, but there's a flag for time count violation.  3rd and 14 they'll probably punt here.
3rd and 14 - Crosland punts it deep to the 9. Gabriel Fulbright brings it back to the 30 and the Renegades offense get their first shot of the day.

1st and 10 at the 30 - Novak under center throws deep, got his man, Devoe and Ottawa is down to the Leipzip 9 yard line on a fly pattern.Somehow Leipzig got to him but they have 1st and 10 on the 10.
1st and 10 Pass outside - Stala 5 yards but Russell gets a rough play call and they're back to the 25.  1st and 25 after a dumb penalty.  complete to Hetherington up the middle for 9 on 1st down.  Ottawa setting up to maybe put Warren Kean in for a field goal.
2nd and 16 - missed pass and incomplete
3rd and 16 - FG attempted and completed by Warren Kean at 11:35 of the 1st Q to make it
3-0 Ottawa Renegades

Kickoff taken at the 28 returned to the 41 by Capers. Alexander the stop
Crouch in the gun, passes to Stoddard, complete for a short gain - Nkeyasen the stop.
shotgun on 2nd apassing complete and Stoddard has room, he gets free and down to the Ottawa 37. Crouch found him outside and he just turned the corner on the Renegades.
1st and 10 - run by Edwards off tackle to the right - good for a 3 yard gain.
2nd and 7 - shotgun for Crouch passing complete to Montana but stopped shy of the marker by 2 yards. And the Troubadours FG unit is on.
Kickis uno good, taken in the end zone, and Gabriel Fulbright breaks it - touchdown Ottawa. 5 points awarded on the TD so it's 8-0. PAT is good for 1 and it's a 9-0 lead for the Renegades as the Troubadours struggle early.

Capers returns the kickoff to the 38 - Lecoultre is down and they cart off the Leipzig OL. Doesn't look good initially is the report. Crouch in the I set, Payton up the gut 5 yards, his first run of the day.

2nd and 5 Crouch goes back to pass, finds his man on the outside shoulder, Montana and it's a first down for the Troubs.
1st and 10 at the Ott 50. run, fumble, Craigs picks it up and Ottawa catches another break with 8 mins left in the first quarter. The Ottawa crowd is going nuts.
Novak pitch outside fo McClendon, 10 yards and a first down. and Adjei is on the turf down he comes off.
1st and 10 at the 48. McClendon a 3 yard gain.
2nd and 7 - thrown up for Azzi and they rule it a catch, wow looks like he dropped it.
1st and 10 from the 28 - Russell gets a 9 yard run.
2nd and 1 at the Leipzig 19 as Ottaw takes advantage of a fumble. Russell up the gut, 3 yards to the 16.

1st and 10 at the 16 - McClendon stuffed in the backfield back to the 19 so 2nd and 13 now. Novak passing for the endzone, knocked away by Crumb and that brings in Warren Kean for another FG attempt. From left to right he neds to wedge it in and does. 12-0 after the field goal.

The rushing game for Ottawa was a little more evident on that possession as they still favor protecting Novak. The kcikoff returned by Howell to the 41 of Leipzig.

1st and 10 I set - Edwards up the middle for a 9 yard gain.
2nd and 1 shotgun - Leipzig gets called for illegal procedure on the play so 2nd and 6
2nd and 6 - shotgun - passing across midfield and Crouch finds Hippler for a nice gain to the Ottawa 53
1st and 10 - 1 back, Reverse handoff to Payton, he's up to the 42 but Montana throws a swing and they're put back at the 42. 1st and 25. shotgun incomplete on first down.

2nd and 25 after a penalty really hurts the Troubadours. shotgun, throwing to Stoddard only a short gain. 3rd and 24.
Punt is taken at the 25, some room to run but Russell can't get free.

1st and 10 at the 46, complete to Chris Doering on 1st down for 6 yards. 2nd and 4. McClendon up the middle, first down and then some down to the 29 of Liepzig.

1st and 10 - Complete pass short gain to Stala the slotback.
2nd and 9 - shotgun handoff to Commisong, stuffed on 2nd.
3rd and 10 at the 29 - field goal unit in - up and no good, no return and a rogue is scored by Ottawa 13-0.

1st and 10 at the 35 for the Troubs, pass - over the head of Montana and already 2nd down. Leipzig just struggling to get things done here in the first half. Crouch under centerpassing deep, incomplete and overthrown again. So they have to punt and it is returnable - Crosland 36 yards on the kick returned to the Leipzig 52. Novak handoff McClendon only a handful of yards. The first quarter is winding down here in Ottawa. 45 seconds left. 13-0 Renegades passing on 2nd - caught out of bounds by Doering and down to the 34 - first down. Passing again on 2nd endzone, incomplete Karikai knocked it up. 3rd and 10. Kean is in again for his 4th attempt of the quarter, no good here as well but another single allowed as they'll take it at the 35.

Leipzig their last shot of the quarter. Crouch hands off and they get some room and Jarrett Payton runs to the 45 and a 1st down on a 10 yard run. That ends the first quarter with the score Ottawa 14 and Leipzig 0.

Gary Novak was 6 of 9 for 103 yards in the first while Eric Crouch was 8 of 12 for 88 yards. The score mostly changed due to a Gabriel Fulbright return on a missed FG by Kleinmann. Neither team really got their running game going but Ronald McClendon does have 27 yards on 5 carries while Jarrett Payton has 21 on 3 carries.

Leipzig as the ball at the start of the 2nd down by 14.
1st and 10 - I set - Payton 6 up the gut.
2nd and 4 - Crouch with a Pro Set, Edwards outside first down and then a little more to the Ottawa 46. Robert Edwards the nice run there, Staggs the tackle for Ottawa.
1st and 10 - passing throws deep caught by Stoddard, wide open and touchdown for Leipzig!!!! Broken coverage and Stoddard just takes it in for 5. Here comes the XP up and good so 14-6 and we're a little closer now in Ottawa as the Troubadours trim the lead early in the 2nd.

Kickoff taken at the 21 - Azzi, up the middle, no one threre, eventually tackled by the kicker Kleinmann who saved a TD. 1st and 10 at the Leipzig 48 pitch to McClendon, 11 yards on a first down outside. 1st and 10 at the 38. Pro Set, passing complete and another first down, Doering the catch this time. 1st and 10 at the 26. up the middle McClendon 5 yards but another rough play penalty on Russell, his 2nd of the day so 1st and 25. Commisong in for Russell. Passing compelte to Doering around the 30. 10 yard gain it is now 2nd and 15. Novak looks good on this drive so far.
Shotgun, draw play to Commisong and he is blown up for a loss of 1. Warren Kean comes on, he's had a really busy tday. Kick is up and no good , taken at the 1 and returned to the 9. They couldn't get Montana free for a return there. Leipzig 101 yards away Crouch finds Stoddard for 10 and a 1st down with the spot. 1st and 10 - Payton stuffed on a run play. 2nd and 11 for the Troubs. Another run up the gut, this time Edwards and no gain as they try to get out of the shadow of their own goal posts. Kicking time for Crosland. 3rd and 11 the kick only to the Leipzig 50, but stuffed right away by #8 - and Gabriel Fulbright is going to miss a couple he took a hard hit on that play. 1st and 10 at the 51. Novak over the middle, Davis - touchdown Renegades! Leipzig just missed the coverage and the Renegades extend their lead by 5. Here comes the extra point - up and good. 20-6 the score.

Kicked off to the 25, returned to the 33 by Howell.
1st and 10 Edwards, outside run for 2 yards. 2nd down and 8 - handoff Edwards, nothin. They're really not letting Crouch throw the ball after the 2 overthrows but they need to get some yards in a hurry with only 8 to go in the half. Punted away to Fulbright, back in the game,returned to the Leipzig 53 and some shoving going on. 18 yard return.

1st and 10 at the 52 - handoff McClendon gets 10 yards and a 1st down. As this game goes on it looks more and more likely that the Renegades are going to be able to run on Leipzig. I set McClendon - big change this time they stuff him three yards deep - Benetka the big man with the tackle.
2nd and 13 - big play, from the gun incomplete for Doering and Tuipala knocked it away. 3rd and 13 at the 45, Kean in, this is probably out of range and it is takena the 10 and a return to their own 27.

Leipzig now has a chance to make a game of this. They're down 3 scores at 20-6 so points are critical Nice throw to #8 for a first down for Crouch, he looks settled down and Heckenbach with the nice catch. Pro Set Edwards, 4 yards and 2nd and 6.
One thing that Ottawa and Leipzig have done today is limit scrambles. The payback on that has been that pressure on the QBs has been fairly limited as well - they've had time to make their throws.
Uh on Hippler gets free deep and Crouch finds him - the Troubadours are on the move down to the 35 of Ottawa. 1st and 10 at the 35. Crouch passing deep again, incomplete this time for Montana, Fitzhugh got in there to knock it away. 2nd and 10 empty backfield, pressure complete and just shyy of a first at the 26 for Leipzig - Loud caught it but coudln't get over the line. They're going for it. Big set handoff, Edwards, got it! First down. 1st and 10 at the 24. I set Edwards breaks a tackle in the backfield but can only get a gain of 1. 2nd and 9 deep in Ottawa territory the Troubs need to get at least a FG here. Passing complete to Montana at the 19 and that makes it 3rd and 5 but a makable FG try. Craig holding and the kick is shanked, and Ottawa takes it back to the 27.

1st and 10 Renegades at the 27 Commisong in the backfield, takes the handoff and gets 2 yards. 2nd and 8 Doering - outside to the 54 of Ottawa, fumble, Davis picked it up but hold onto everything. Flag on hte play brings it back 15 yards. 2nd and 22 passing complete to Doerign , first down anyways!!!! to the 38 of Ottawa. incomplete on first down going for Doering and Karakari knocked it away.

2nd and 10 on the 38 passing deep, incomplete too deep on the throw and here comes the punt unit for Ottawa, they've been relaxing so far today Travis Dorsch boots it taken at the 35 and no return. Nice tackle on the play.

On 1st down Robert Edwards up the gut, 4 yard gain for the Troubadours. 2 Minutes to go in the half. Complete on 2nd and it's a foot race , Montana gets away from Steeves - touchdown Leipzig!!!! 20-11 after the score, here comes the extra point - it's good. 20-12 the score now and Leipzig has made a game of it. 70 yards on the catch, Montana has 5 catches for 95 yards as we near the half.

Ottawa takes the kick and they return to their own 41. 1st and 10 at the 40 first play is a first down to Azzi to the 52. Commisong rushes for 2 yards on 1st down, 1:15 to go. Tuipala the tackle there.
Empty backfield, passing complete to Azzi 1st down at the 44 of Leipzig as the Renegades seek to extend the gap. Shotgun, passing incomplete, almost picked off. 2nd and 10 for Ottawa, time running down they need yards to try for a field goal. Complete at the 41, this will be a tough one for Kean. Very short in theis wind to the 10 and returned to the 27 with only 9 seconds left. So Leipzig may just go hail mary and then to the lockers with this one. Pitch outside instead and that brings us to the half.

Eric Crouch rebounded nicely in the 2nd half after some struggles, he's 15 of 20 271 yards and 2 scores with Gary Novak 13 of 20 227 and a score of his own. Leipzig holds the edge in most of the categories, but Warren Kean has hit 2 field goals and a return on a field goal miss has the Renegades up by 8 at the half. Montana and Stoddard each have 5 catches and a score for the Troubadours while Chris Davis's lone catch was a 51 yard bomb for a score. Chris Doering has 6 for 55 to lead the team.

Coffee Time for MB and then we'll return for the 2nd half.

Delicious Breakfast there - 2 eggs with swiss and cheddar cheese, bacon, toast with grape jam. Spectacular and then some good coffee too. OK we're ready for the 2nd half.
Kleinmann to kickoff to Ottawa
deep kick to the 21, returned to the 40 by Stala.
1st and 10 Novak throws, knocked down at the line by Winkler.
2nd and 10 shotgun, handoff Mcclendon - stuffed for a 1 yard loss. Leipzig a huge stop here early in the 2nd half and they had grabbed some momentum late in the 1st half, returned, uh oh.
He breaks it touchdown, Leipzig on the return!!!! Ottawa just blew the punt coverage and Craig returns it all the way, they fail to convert the kick and it's 20-17.

A very tight game with Leipzig mounting a comeback after going down 14-0 in the first quarter. Ottawa needs to get something going here. The return is taken to the 38. Novak under center, I set.

McClendon runs forward for 9 yards on the play. 2nd and 1
Pro Set Commisong, up the gut to the 54 - first down Ottawa.
1st and 10 I set - Commisong, breaks one but stuffed in the backfield for 2nd and 13. Passing again overthrown and Leipzig gets another stop on the Renegades. 3rd and 13 here comes Dorsch, they need to watch Craig. He only gets to the 36 this time. 37 yard punt, 13 yard return by Karikari. 1st and 10 Pro set, handoff to Payton, stopped for a 2 yard gain.
2nd and 8 shotgun, Edwards in the backfield, complete but short and that makes it 3rd and 2. 6 yard pass to Montana. Punting, Crosland is in taken athteh 32, some room but taken down aroudn midfeild is Russell. 34 yards on the punt.

Passing incomplete intended for Azzi, Calixte knocked it away.
2nd down another incompletion, Novak really struggling. Dorsch is in again.

taken at the 14, across the field stopped at the 26. 41 yard punt, Karikari the return to the 26, Doering the tackle. False start against Veinzke - 1st and 15 after the movement up front.

1st and 15 - empty backfield, passing, complete over the middle to Hippler for a gain of 13 - 2nd and 2.
2nd and 2 - handoff up the gut, Payton first down. and for the first time today it's getting quiet here at Frank Clair Stadium. 1st and 10 at the 43. passing, complete to Montana, but Steeves stops him from getting much more then 3 yards. Run on 2nd, stopped shy of the first, 3rd and 2 punt situation and a boomer, taken atht eh 12 returned to the 25 by Fulbright. We're halfway thru the 3r and still 20-17 Ottawa.

1st and 10 McClendon up the middle for 4 out of the I set.
2nd and 6 Novak in the gun, first complete to Azzi for a first down to the 38.
1st and 10 Russell short gain - maybe a yard
2nd and 9 empty backfield passing deep incomplete, overthrown for Azzi.
3rd and 9 Punt situation for Dorsch, the Leipzig TD earlier in the quarter was on a PR deep punt to the 28, breaks it but stopped at the 50. Nice return after a 44 yard punt. Karikari the return.

1st and 10 at the Leipzig 49
I set Crouch hands to Edwards gain of 5 on the outside run.
2nd and 5 shotgun for Crouch, draw to Edwards up the middle, big gain and Steeves gets a rough play call after the tackle first dwon and they're inside the Ottawa 25.
1st and 10 at the 24
Crough with 2 backs, handoff Edwrads 1st down down to the 13 and facemasking against Crawford but it will only advance them another yard.
1st and 10 at the 12. Crouch with 2 backs, keeper - nailed in the backfield by Craigs who went unblocked.
2nd and 13 - 1 back and we have a QB change for this play, TD!!!! Wow we see Timmy Chang come in, the former Hawaii QB and he immediately puts Leipzig in the lead with a TD to Loud.

23-20 the Troubadours have taken the lead with 4:19 to go in the 3rd. Ottawa is reeling right now as they've been unable to move the ball here in the 3rd.

Azzi returns it to the 42 and the Renegades take over, McClendon outside, fumble!!! The Troubs have it!!!! Huge play and on first down they misfiere, Alexander knocks away a pass from Crouch.

2nd and 10 empty backfield, deep throw, complete to Loud 1st down.
1st and 10 at the 34, passing complete for 7 yards this time hitting Hippler with the pass. Leipzig in full control of the game now. Ottawa needs a big stop. 2nd and 3 at the 27. 1 back is Edwards passing, incomplete and this may be a FG situation for Kleinmann. Kick is up and good so Leipzig continue to pour it on here in the 3rd quarter and now have a 26-20 lead.

Kickoff to the 21 taken by Staggs, returned to the 40. 1st and 10 at the 40 and it is quiet here in Ottawa. They're prepping for the Raiders later on but for now the Renegades are struggling. Incomplete on first down. 2nd and 10. Shotgun draw to Commisong and he gets 2 yards. Leipzig another defensive stand, they've been solid all day and Ottawa just hasn't been able to find a big play in 2 quarters now. Punted taken by Crumb back to the 47.

Passing on first, complete to Hippler for a short gain. Ottawa needs to get the ball back in a hurry and get something started. So far this has been a disastrous 3rd quarter. Empty backfield, complete around the Ottawa 50 for Heckenbach. 1st and 10 Leipzig. Edwards the lone back Edwards outside and he gets 8 yards on the carry. 2nd down and 2 to go. 22 seconds left pitch touside, stuffed in the backfield was Edwards, just anhilated back there by Steeves. That ends a quarter where the Troubadours went from down 20-12 to up 26-20. A 14 point swing will make a lot of things change and now Crouch has 332 yards in the air, Novak only 236. Edwards has 78 yards on the ground he'll challenge for 100 today. On defense some names that keep coming up - Steeves has 13 tackles while for Leipzig Karikari has 10.

At this point I wish I was really more familiar with the VCFL rosters but enjoying this one.

FG attempt to start the 4th and the return on the miss comes back to the 30. Ottawa needs to show they can move the ball, they have been horrific so far in the 2nd half. Novak, incomplete almost picked off, Ortega bounced it into the air for Leipzig. 2nd and 10 at the 31. Shotgun draw to Commisong he gets 7 to the 38 but they need first downs at this point and you have to question that play call. Capers made teh stop. Dorsch is on to punt and he'll place it at the 30 and returned to the 48 of Leipzig by Karikari.

1st and 10 - Edwards 4 yard gain and fumbles!!! Ottawa gets it back! 1st and 10 on the 52. incomplete on 1st down from Novak. He has got to complete a pass here, he's been all over teh map in the 2nd half. 2nd and 10 at the 52. Empty backfield passing incomplete knocked away. Crumb got a hand on it. Opportunities are sparse for the Renegades at this point. They'll kick it away, Dorsch boots it deep to the 3 taken there and returned to the 24 by Crumb. Leipzig's defense another big series.

1st and 10 handoff Payton, stopped after a one yard gain.
2nd and 9 empty backfield passing complete for Heckenbach for a first down at the 37. shotgun on first handoff Edwards stopped for no gain.

shotgun on 2nd passing incomplete, overthrown and Ottawa will go back on offense with 11:50 left in this one. Big boot to the 35 returned only to the 44 for Ottawa. There's a strong contingent in from Germany that has been in the capital all week, they're loving the game so far.

First down Russell goes 10 yards for a first down. At midfield now Commisong and Russell in run outside for 7 the Ottawa rushing attack more effective then passing apparently. in Leipzig territory at the 48. Pro set, Commisong breaks one and fights forward for the first down to the 41.

1st and 10 now with 10 to go. shotgun for David Carr coming in to spell Novak for a bit. Novak back in with a new play for 2nd and 10
complete and Azzi is down to the 19! Novak takes a play off talks to his offensive coordinator and comes in with a play that gets Azzi wide open for a huge first down. This is the best Ottawa has moved the ball since the first quarter.
1st and 10 at the 19. I set passing
complete and down at the 1 is McClendon out of the backfied. Ottawa must get the major here. I set. handoff stuffed at the 3. Well that was a huge mistake going for a run up the gut, Russell just got nowhere. 2nd and goal at the 3 I set Commisong and again Leipzig totally not fooled and it is 3rd and goal at the 5. They're going for it. another run and they only get a yard! Wow Ottawa blows a huge opportunity and gives Leipzig the ball with 8 to go at their own 4.

Crouch with 2 backs Patyon a 7 yard scamper. Edwards breaks one wide open and it's a 30 yard gain for Robert Edwards and he is over 100 yards for the day.
1st and 10 Pro Set passing up the middle led his man too far. The Ottawa crowd trying to get back into this one. The Raiders fans are in the North End with the Renegades fans in the south end today as they sometimes have shown not to get along. Incomplete on 2nd deep ball almost picked and here comes Crosland. False start whistled and we move back 5. So 3rd and 15 for this one at the 25. Crosland kciks it to the 44 of Ottawa returned to the 51 by Russell. Under 7 minutes to go.

1st and 10 at the Ottawa 51 handoff, rocked in the backfield for a 3 yard loss is McClendon. They're going to have to do this thru the air b/c the Leipzig D line is stoud.

Passing knocked down at the line by Calixte and 3rd down the Renegades look totally unglued on this possession. Dorsch has to punt it away and this time Ottawa just lets the clock run down and here's the kick from the 43 taken at the 42 and returned to the Leipzig 50 by Crumb. Poor kick that time by Dorsch.

1st and 10 Leipzig, they can put this one away with a score. Empty backfield, compelte over teh mdidle and into Ottawa territory for a first down. Mittendorf the catch for 21 yards. Pro set - handoff taken by Edwards and 2 yards gained to the 36. 4:49 left 2nda nd 8 passing
deep caught by Stoddard inside the 20 - first down Leipzig and that could be the dagger play as a stop may have gotten them the ball back, now they need some major help and the crowd is almsot silent. On 1st down - incomplete to the endzone 2nd and 10 now. passing again Chang in overthrows and 3rd dwon. So this is a huge FG opportunity for Leipzig. If they hit it, they can almost call it done. up and good for Kleinmann and at 29-20 they hold a solid lead with 4 minutes to go.

Kickoff taken at the 15, returned to the 35. Ottawa running out of chances. Novak under center passing complete to Devoe for a gain of 7, quick offense now they get back to the line. 2nd and 3 they need to keep going deep I set, handoff Russel up the middle to the 50 first down. 3:23 to go.

Novak with Commisong in the backifeld passing
Whistle goes out in the crowd and it's an incomplete throw as a WR gave up on the route. 2 and 10 must gain here at the 3 minute warning.
INTERCEPTION!!!! Leipzig ices it and it's Heckenbach playing a little DB in his spare time!!!!
What a play on the ball and the Troubadours have the first game of this competition pretty much wrapped.
1st and 10 - Edwards 1 yard loss.
2nd and 10 - incomplete.

The German fans are doing a lap from section to section in the west stand back and forth with their blue, yellow, and red flags.

punted taken by Fulbright to the 40. McClendon up the gut on first down to the 52. First down Ottawa. Commisong up the gut for 4 on 1st down. 1:42 to go incomplete pass on 2nd and 6. 3rd and 6 and they're out of it enough that Dorsch comes in to punt and boots one ot the 10 Crumb, some space but taken down at the 29. Ottawa gave Leipzig a fight but just couldn't handle their powerful defensive line. Rough play called on Jarrett Payton, apparently called someone something that wasn't very nice. 1st and 25 - incomplete as Crouch just lets it go. Completed pass, fumble! Ottawa has it on the Leipzig 8 now!!!! Wow that was a wicked change of events, Russell busts up the middle to the 2. 1:15 to go and the Renegades trying to cut the gap. The line was Leipzig by 4. So the gamblers would like this to happen, well those who bet on Ottawa. 3rd and goal after an incompletion. they're going for it, they have to. 57 seconds left p/a
incomplete overthrown to an open man and Leipzig get the ball at their own 2. passing, incomplete. They would love to run but don't want to take a safety under any circumstances where they would give the ball back to the Renegades. Incomplete on 2nd down too. 44 seconds left and this has become just a strange way to end a 9 point game. punt time, deep in the endzone is Crosland boots it and it's a good punt to the 45 returned to the Leipzig 36 at the 37 seconds on the clock.

McClendon rushes for 12 on first down, under 30 seconds to go now.

Degenerates from Halifax to Vancouver need a TD and they get a run to the 12 with 12 seconds on the clock. Last play, passing incomplete and that's the game. 29-20 Leipzig wins. Eric Crouch had 377 yards in the air, 114 to Stoddard and 98 to Montana. Ottawa sputtered at times with 283 yards passing for Gary Novak but he did go 17 of 39 and also had a pick. Robert Edwards finished the day with 102 yards on the ground for Leipzig as well. Heckenbach played a bit of defense with the pick and also caught 4 for 38 on offense so a solid day for him. Leipzig may be the class of the field this year and they showed it today with a fantastic 29-20 win over Ottawa. Next up is the Ottawa Raiders for the RCSL taking on the MBCIS Concordia Stingers. Can the amateurs give the pros a game? We'll see today at about 4 PM Eastern Time.

-Mb signing off for now.

< Message edited by mbsports -- 12/13/2008 7:36:07 PM >

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 18
RE: 12 Man Championship - Live From Ottawa - 12/13/2008 6:37:39 PM   
Tullius

We should the case finish now.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 19
RE: 12 Man Championship - Live From Ottawa - 12/13/2008 6:56:21 PM   
mbsports

I have no idea what that means.
LOL

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 20
Concordia versus Ottawa Raiders - 12/13/2008 10:32:21 PM   
mbsports

Well no one is giving Concordia much of a chance here but the Montreal kids are going to give it a try against Jesse Palmer and the Raiders.  Ottawa's rugby style football team is taking to the field in their gold and red after they've Raiderized Frank Clair stadium.  It's a little darker out now then earlier today and Ottawa is favored by 18 points. That's the difference between a pro and college team for you. 

The game is almost set to begin as the lineups have been announced.
There's a beer tent overflowing with Leipzig fans and a lot of them have stayed to watch the second game of this tourney on a beautiful late autumn day in Ottawa.

I'm gonna toot my own horn for a second - working with the MaxFB DBs has made me a better DB manager in real life. How messed up is that.

Fleming kicking off for the Raiders - McCullum picks it up and gets 4 yards to the 39 yard line. Fonua steps back, little screen pass to Marrano out of the fullback spot and he gets 23 yards before Wes Lysack pulls him down. 1st and 10 DeMarcus Head runs to the 50, stopped and fumbled!!! October picks it up and the Raiders get their first possession.

1st and 10 Raiders - Josh Ranek gets the carry, Pontbriand brings him down. Pontbriand had 13 sacks a season ago for Concordia.

Palmer steps back - looks for Loud and gets him for a 46 yard gain - Lara the tackle for the Stingers but a big gain puts the Raiders in good position here. 1st and 10 - Josh Ranek off tackle 14 yards and there's the opening score. 6-0 Raiders after the kick with only 2 minutes off the clock.

Fleming kicks off Wickman takes it and returns it 11 yards to the 36. First down and 10 - Fonua back to pass and boom Kralt got him for a loss of 8 on the sack. Big play there to keep the kids on their toes. 2nd down and incomplete for Bevels. So they have to kickoff and it's taken by Williams and after a return of 9 they start at the Concordia 52. First and 10 Palmer passing and he goes down! Big time happieness from the Stingers as Clair Notaro gets in for the sack.

2nd and 14 for Palmer back to throw incomplete and they have to punt it away. Lame duck punt taken by Marrano for a return of 5. The punting situation for the Raiders compounded by Tynes out and Fleming struggling at times this season.

1st and 10 Fonua back to pass - scrambles and gets ahead for 3 yards.
2nd and 7 - Fonua passing again looks for Goodley and got him! Elliott Goodley 33 yards for the wideout from Pemberton, BC. First down Stingers.
1st and 10 Head gets the carry, stopped for a loss by Shawn Gallant. 2nd and 12 - Marrano whistled for being in motion. 2nd and 17 - DeMarcus Head barrels forward for 8 yards and England makes the stop. Jeff Enck is in for a 32 yard field goal. Wide right but the Stingers won't return it and they cede the single. 6-1 the score with 6:17 to go in the first.

The Raiders start at their 35 - 1st and 10 Williams the carry stuffed for a loss of 3 yards on the play. 2nd and 13 Palmer back to pass and nothin! the Stingers defense looks very good on this drive.

Fleming muffs the kick and only 23 yards on this one - punting will be the way the Stingers stay in this one apparently.
1st and 10 at the Ottawa 42 completed to McCullum for a 6 yard gain, Fonua passing on 2nd - incomplete and here comes Enck for 36 yard attempt. Hold is good snap good and the kick is good so 6-4 is the score and the Stingers really hanging in there against a good Raiders team struggling a bit especially on special teams.

Ranek returning the kick - 20 yard return, nice job on the blocking by Ottawa. 1st and 10 Palmer passing sacked by Notaro!!! his 2nd of the game. 2nd and 16 - Palmer scrambling, looks back fires to Sticky Icky Ricky Williams who catches it and breaks free he's got room but taken down by Kennedy after a gain of 52 yards to the Concordia 23.

1st and 10 Palmer passing - looks for Loud complete for 11 yards Lara the tackle. Time running down in the first. Palmer back to pass - and boom another sack for the kids Parks in there to get him. Rolf Parks a hometown guy got in to make the play. Incomplete on 2nd and 17 and the Stingers put up a very respectable game for Ottawa in the first quarter and we'll be back after a few words with the Raiders on top 6-4.

So we start the 2nd quarter with a 37 man college team holding their own against a pro team. Concordia has struggled in season 2 of MBCIS but they are a solid team with a good QB in Fonua. They'll have to keep their level of play extremely high if they hope to stick around all night though. To start the 2nd Fleming lines up for a field goal from 19 out and knocks it thru to make it 9-4 so there's your 5 point lead.

Fleming's kickoff taken back for 5 yard by Wickman. First down for Concordia - incomplete going for Bevels who was very quiet in the first quarter. 2nd and 10 Fonua back to throw looks for McCullum and finds him for 27 yards Wes Lysack the tackle. Jerry McCullum out of Kingston, ON - not on the CFL radar but a solid pass catching receiver also handling some kick returns today. 1st and 10 at the Ottawa 45 incomplete again. Concordia looking to cut that gap a bit. Handoff to Fonua up the gut and he rumbles forward for 15 yards before Bonner brings him down. First down Stingers.

Fonua back to pass, missed man is Gallant and he nails the QB for 8 yards. 2nd and 18 from the 38 looking for Bevels in the endzone, nothing doing too far and incomplete. Enck in for a 38 yard attempt. Lines it up and boots it thru and it is a 9-7 ballgame with Concordia really looking good so far. Kicked off to Ranek and a 17 yard return.

First and 10 for Ottawa Palmer back to throw looks for the screen to Deslaurier and gets it but Lara stops him for no gain on the play. The play was whistled dead though and it was offsides on Ottawa. 1st and 15 screen pass to Williams - breaks it again! They got big yards on this earlier and they do so again 58 yards before Perry can get in for the tackle. 1st and 10 on the 23. Palmer back to throw looks for Ben Cahoon - finds him over the middle for 15 Perry the tackle. Ottawa on the 8. Ranek carries on first down and is tackled for a loss of 4 by Hoyland. 2nd down Palmer passing looks endzone, complete Cahoon!!! TD Raiders and they go back up 15-7 after the kick. Kicked off to Wickman and returned to the Concordia 40. Just a little less then 8 to go in the half.

Head gets the carry on first, taken down for a big loss of 6. 2nd and 16 nothing on the play and Fonua throws it away. So 3rd down and Enck gets a booming kick Williams returned to the 41 of Ottawa. Palmer throwing on first down and looks for Cahoon up the middle and finds him for 20 yards straight up the gut, Perry the tackle.

1st and 10 on Concordia's 49 - Ranek 7 yard run. 2nd and 3 they lineup in the I with Williams shallow. Williams gets the screen this time 21 yards down to the 21. Palmer's safety valve today has been that screen pass and Williams has torched the Stingers for over 100 yards on it. On first down looking to throw and complete to Cahoon for 7 yards. Roosevelt the tackle to make it 2nd and 3 with 4:20 to go in the half.

Handed to Williams and he is stuffed by Hoyland to force the FG unit on. Fleming hits the 15 yard chipshot to make it 18-7

Wickman returns it to the Concordia 47 after a bad kickoff by Fleming. Fonua on first down, passing goes to McCollum for 5. 2nd down and 5 Fonua back to throw, Gallant in the backfield again and gets him for a 9 yard loss. Enck will have to punt with less then 2 minutes to go in the half. Returned 14 yards by Williams to the 37.

1st and 10 - Palmer throwing incomplete nothing there and just let it go. 2nd and 10 - Palmer looking again runs out the clock and just tosses it away to end the half with the Raiders on top 18-7 in this one. So pretty much as expected the Raiders have a nice lead but Concordia fought hard especially in the first stanza.

Time for some Chinese food and a break we'll be back for the 2nd half in a few moments.

OK into the 2nd half Concordia kicking off Enck boots it away Ranek a 19 yard return. Palmer steps back fires Cahoon deep got him Kennedy the stop but not before a 39 yard gain for Ben Cahoon. 1st and 10 Palmer steps back fires incomplete. 2nd and 10 now Palmer in the gun looking fires it deep, and INTERCEPTED by the senior Stephen Roosevelt! taken back to the Ottawa 53. Marrano handoff up the gut, busts a tackle 20 yard run 1st down at the Ottawa 33 Concordia fired up.

1st and 10 Head gets the carry and rumbles for 10. 1st and 10 handoff to Head, he's gonna throw it for Bevels endzone, off his fingers incomplete.

2nd and 10 Fonua back to pass finds Herbert Jefferson - a player who has graduated now playing in an amateur league in Canada who makes the catch for 23 yards and the score!!! Jefferson never really played much for Concordia but he comes up huge and the whole team is on the field - the refs aren't even going to throw a flag on this as his former teammates and teammates for this tournament celebrate with Herbert Jefferson a 5'8" scatback from Toronto. They clear out and Enck hits the xp. So it's a football game again 18-13 after the extra point.

Enck kicking off Ranek 11 yards. 1st and 10 Ranek up the middle for 9. 2nd and 1 at the 44 Ranek gets it and breaks a tackle for 14 yards and a first down into Concordia territory. Ranek gets the handoff again this time Notaro gets him for a 3 yard loss. 2nd and 13 Palmer throwing - goes for Loud 25 yards and deep into Stinger territory Lara the tackle. From the 30 1st and 10 they go to Ranek he breaks 2 tackles and down to the 9. 1st and 10 Williams the carry stuffed by Holmes for a 2 yard loss. 2nd and goal for Ottawa Palmer passing. Looks for Cahoon in the endzone, diving catch touchdown Raiders!!!! Ben Cahoon another TD grab 11 yards this time and with the extra point it's a 24-13 lead for Ottawa. Good action here in the 3rd quarter as both teams pour on the offense.

6:51 to go the return is to the Concordia 36. Marrano on first down, ahead for 7 yards. 2nd and 3 Fonua with a single back, Head. Back to throw looks for Bevels and finally finds his favorite target 20 yards with Malbrough making the tackle. 1st and 15 at the Ottawa 49 after a false start - Fonua passing incomplete trying to hit a fade to Bevels. 2nd and 15 Fonua tosses to Head - Heads throwing again! This time he launches it up and... Jerry McCullum leaps and grabs it over malbrough - 38 yards down to the 11!!! Concordia celebrating but they have to get a play going - they can't and take a 5 yard penalty. 1st and 15 Fonua for McCullum incomplete.

2nd and 15 at the 16 yard line Fonua back to pass fires endzone for McCullum - got him!!! Touchdown Stingers and they're back in it yet again! 24-19 after the extra point play. They just won't go away and the Ottawa Raiders do not look amused on the sideline. Only 1:49 to go in the quarter.

Ranek returns the kick 7 yards. First play - Palmer going for it all and he's got KAMIL LOUD! for 46 yards!!!! The Raiders not amused at all and now going for it all. 1st and 10 Palmer passing, they miss Hoyland - sacked!!!! 2 yard loss.

2nd and 12 - Ranek gets the carry and rmbles for 8. That's 3 quarters in the books and the score is 24-19 the Raiders holding the lead right now against Concordia.

Start of the 4th and the Raiders tacking on a field goal here - Fleming from 32 and he gets it. The Raiders to kick off with a 27-19 lead now you have to think they have it wrapped up finally with a pro team over a collegiate team. Returned by Wickman 11 yards to the Concordia 39. Head gets the pitch - throwing again! Trick plays from Concordia today it falls incomplete though for Bevels. 2nd and 10 Fonua looking for Goodley and got him for 15 and a first - Donaldson the tackle. 1st and 10 on the 54, Fonua back to pass and Fleiszer goes in unblocked and makes the play 9 yard sack. 2nd and 19 - incomplete going deep for no one in particular. Enck punts and Williams has it for a 19 yard return to the 46. Palmer pitches to Ranek - Ranek is throwing now! Tosses it up and INTERCEPTED by Joey Lara! returned tot he Ottawa 54. First down for Concordia as they refuse to go away. Marrano 12 yard run on first down into Ottawa territory. 1st and 10 Head gets the carry, and he is blown up by Fleiszer for a 6 yard loss. 2nd and 16 - back to throw and it's jefferson! 22 yards he's having his best game ever. 1st and 10 at teh 26, they take a penalty for a false start. Head nothing on 1st. 2nd and 15 Fonua back to throw - sacked by Fleiszer a nice game for him all of the sudden. So 3rd and 15 Enck will try the field goal and gets it for 3.

So after everything in this game it is only a 27-22 lead for Ottawa with 7 minutes to go. Kicked off to Ranek and a 12 yard return from the running back. Ricky Williams the carry on first stuffed for a loss of 5 yards. 2nd and 15 Palmer throwing goes for Loud and gets him for 36 yards into Concordia territory. 1st down and 10 Ranek the carry 8 yards and the clock runs. 2nd and 2 Ranek again 10 yards this time. The Raiders methodically killing clock here. This is where they have the big advantage they are a group of pros and they should be able to close it out after stumbling a number of times today. 1st and 10 on the 22 Ranek the carry and another 10 yards down to the 12. 1st and 10 and they give to Williams, he's stuffed by Notaro for a 4 yard loss. 2nd and 14 and Palmer just launches it away. So a chip shot of 16 for Fleming now. Up and good. 30-22 the score with only 2:58 to go after the 3 min warning. Kickoff taken to the Concordia 40. Head gets the carry and he has a 10 yard game. Concordia a lot to be proud of even if they can't come back here. Marrano no yards on the carry on 1st and 10. 2nd and 10 Fonua complete to McCullum to the Ottawa 48. Only 51 seconds to go Head gets the carry 9 yards. 2nd and 1 clock is running out now they get the play in and Head gets the handoff and is throwing - complete to McCullum at the 14 but time will expire now and we've got a final in the books. 30-22 Ottawa beats Concordia but not without Concordia showing that they can certainly play with the big boys a little bit.

A great day for football here in Ottawa with 2 well played football games. These 4 teams have shown that 12 man football has a place. Jesse Palmer was 15 of 25 for 435 yards and 2 scores today but also a pick. Ranek had an INT as well. Fonua 11 of 25 for 202 yards and a score while his favorite target Lewis Bevels was heavily taken out of the game. Josh Ranek rushed for 88 yards and a score for Ottawa in the game as well. Ricky Williams couldn't run to save his life but a few backfield passes led to 131 yards in the air for him while Kamil Loud had 5 catches for 164 yards. The player of the game award goes to Ben Cahoon though with 6 catches for 104 yards and 2 scores.

We'll catch up with you again soon as the Ottawa teams will face off in the final Champions League regular season matchup of the year at Frank Clair Stadium while Leipzig continues their tour of North America with a game against the Stingers.

Leizig and the Raiders claimed wins today while the Renegades and Stingers went down in defeat. Eric Crouch had a great day for the Troubadours with 377 yards while Gary Novak showed that his rookie year success just might translate after all with 283. Robert Edwards was the leading rusher on the day with 102 yards but it was Ranek's 7.3 per carry that shone the brightest.

Until next time - be good guys and remember to support your Max FB leagues! If you're not in a 12 man league RCSL, VCFL, MBCIS, and MBCFL want you to get involved! You don't need to be a graphic artist, a playbook specialist, or a 3d graphics whiz. Each of the commissioners of these leagues is dedicated to working with you to setup a team and to get you involved in the community!

So please if you've held off before now take a look at what we do every week, we want our leagues to be your leagues and we'll continue to work towards providing the best football management leagues possible!

-Mb

< Message edited by mbsports -- 12/14/2008 12:24:21 AM >

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 21
Tournament Stats - 12/15/2008 3:49:58 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://ca.geocities.com/football_canadian/Super12/IFCF.html

Scores are pretty close with 9 points being the most with the CIS team only losing by 8 not bad great start .

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> 12 man championship Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI