Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New subforums

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New subforums Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New subforums - 4/10/2002 7:45:58 PM   
Paul Vebber

Many folks have asked for a way to better manage the tons of posts - the new board offers a seemingly infinite nesting of sub-forums - so I've added couple for focused discussions. I don;t to add too many as part of the strength of a community is the intereaction - splitting too much dilutes this.

Note that I tried to keep AARs on the main board as they tend to be a lot of work and deserve "front-page" billing! They keep getting better and better!!! Keep it up!

The new sub-forums are found above the threads. As I get a chance I will move some of the appropriate threads there frm the last week or so to get the ball rolling. (though you folks never seem to lack for interesting things to say!)
Post #: 1
- 4/10/2002 9:13:14 PM   
Supervisor

Thanks Paul, I was going to suggest something like this, but you beat me too it. Thats the last ime I go to sleep, I thought I was on the wrong board when I first got here.:D

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
Me Too! - 4/11/2002 9:03:10 AM   
John David

gmenfan,

I too made a double and triple take before I figured out what was going on.:eek:

Good Idea Paul! It makes finding things easier and the site is now better organized.

I too love the AAR's, and I look forward to reading as many as I can. RayM is now in the midst of posting his about his battles in the MC WatchTower Campaign.
:cool:

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

Post #: 3
- 4/11/2002 3:57:03 PM   
Warrior

I'm not crazy about the idea of having to scan four (!) different Forums. Good concept, but not so good in practice.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 4
- 4/11/2002 11:26:32 PM   
Supervisor

How do you think I feel, I have to moderate all of them!:cool:

Post #: 5
- 4/12/2002 12:36:58 AM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]How do you think I feel, I have to moderate all of them!:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

I [I]know[/I] you're a glutton for punishment, so I figure you love it. :D :D

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 6
- 4/12/2002 5:43:55 AM   
Goblin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by REMF
[B]I'm not crazy about the idea of having to scan four (!) different Forums. Good concept, but not so good in practice. [/B][/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with REMF. With the new sub forums, what is appropriate for the main forum? If you read their descriptions, they seem to cover almost everything.

Goblin

Post #: 7
- 4/14/2002 6:49:51 AM   
Fabio Prado

I know it will mean a lot of extra work, but it was a really neat idea!:D

Congratulations Matrix! The new forum really ROCKS!

Fab

Post #: 8
- 4/15/2002 5:47:29 AM   
parusski

The idea of sub forums is a great one. It should help manage the huge number of threads and the larger number of replies. It looks great so far.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 9
- 4/15/2002 10:37:39 AM   
Mike Oshiki

Great idea, although the way things are going with Household 6, I may end up like Parusski!

Truly, though, another great idea from Paul. To whom I must add, in the "hardcore wargamer" thread I almost wrote about our playing (was it SL?) during the super bowl with your dope-smoking room-mate trying in vain to get us military types to join in. Gotta love Mad-town...

Post #: 10
- 4/22/2002 3:05:23 AM   
Mockingbird2

I gotta agree with REMF as well. I'd rather read their descriptions as we had been doing.

Alway's work OK for me, the newest threads on top and active ones keep on the first two pages or so if alot of us are posting.

Just not as fun as it use to be.:(

Post #: 11
- 4/22/2002 7:18:12 AM   
Bing

My browser doesn't like the new "sub-forums". I suspect its something also to do with the cookie, I'll be darned if I am going to redo that AGAIN. Am running IE 5.5. Subs will not open from the main page. Have to go to Matrix Games pages, then click on the sub I want, then it will open. When done,, back to Matrix Games page, repeat process.

Sure, its all my fault. But since every other forum on every other website works exactly as it should - cable IP helps in this respect, including sites that wouldn't even load via my old dialup - I don't really care if it IS all my fault.

Just plain don't like the new system. Won't keep my away from the Forum, rather it makes using it like hitting your thumb with a hammer: Feels so darn good when you stop.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 12
- 4/24/2002 12:33:37 AM   
Bing

Latest maintenance binge seems to have pretty much solved the problem I was having with the subs. I say "pretty much" because I have to click three or four times to get the sub to load, but it DOES load from the main WAW page - which it did not before.

Keep up the good work and remember Mother's Day is next month.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New subforums Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI