Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tanker Loadout and behavior

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tanker Loadout and behavior Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tanker Loadout and behavior - 10/10/2008 1:39:14 AM   
Andynator

I need some help and tips using the tanker loadout with HCE. This feature wasn't available when I first played the sim back in th early '90's. This is version 2007.000

If a ferry base or strike target is out of range, I get the obvious message and cannot launch the mission.

If I add a tanker to the group (ex add the KC-130 to an F-16 group), the fighters will begin tanking immediately as soon as the group is launched; they still do not have the range to reach the target, and the group un-assigns itself and loiters.

The only way I can figure out to do it is, launch the F-16's as a patrol and set the waypoint kinda-sorta out there towards the target, and have them group to a previously launched tanker. Thus I have to herd them along and tank them manually by repeatedly grouping and un-grouping.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks
Andy

Post #: 1
RE: Tanker Loadout and behavior - 10/10/2008 12:52:37 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andynator
I need some help and tips using the tanker loadout with HCE. This feature wasn't available when I first played the sim back in th early '90's. This is version 2007.000 If a ferry base or strike target is out of range, I get the obvious message and cannot launch the mission. If I add a tanker to the group (ex add the KC-130 to an F-16 group), the fighters will begin tanking immediately as soon as the group is launched; they still do not have the range to reach the target, and the group un-assigns itself and loiters. The only way I can figure out to do it is, launch the F-16's as a patrol and set the waypoint kinda-sorta out there towards the target, and have them group to a previously launched tanker. Thus I have to herd them along and tank them manually by repeatedly grouping and un-grouping. Is there an easier way to do this? Thanks
Andy

First and foremost, you need to get your game patched up to the 044 version. There are some tanker bugs that are fixed in the patch.

Secondly, one of the limitations with tanking in HCE (presently) is that you can only refuel once. So your tanker can refuel one group of recipient aircraft just one time.

Lastly, I tend to use the waypoint method for shorter legged aircraft (e.g. fighters), and only include a tanker with a strike group if they are long range aircraft (e.g. bombers).

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Andynator)
Post #: 2
RE: Tanker Loadout and behavior - 10/11/2008 2:38:39 AM   
Andynator

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm aware that each tanker will only refuel once; if I group mutiple tankers with a group I can split them off and RTB when they're empty.

Where can I get the update?  The IPOG battlesets desperately need tanker support.  You can't stage the F-117's out of Diego Garcia without it.

Andy

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 3
RE: Tanker Loadout and behavior - 10/11/2008 2:54:07 AM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andynator
Where can I get the update?

Here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1924976

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Andynator)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tanker Loadout and behavior Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI