Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval combat results are weirder in 1.24B3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support >> Naval combat results are weirder in 1.24B3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval combat results are weirder in 1.24B3 - 10/11/2008 12:48:49 AM   
Einbauschrank

Hi there!

I just installed the newest beta patch and my naval results are distinctly different. I regularly get something like 16 hits on my poor transport even though I am patrolling the North Sea and Antlantic. And to crown it all it no longer displays the message XYZ was sunk. E.g. "Br TR hit (18)" but no "sunk" appears. Is this a known "bug" or has naval combat been tweaked or is it a stroke of bad luck?

Regards

Einbau
Post #: 1
RE: Naval combat results are weirder in 1.24B3 - 10/17/2008 5:18:21 AM   
lordhoff

Not only weirder but game ruining ; I sortied with the German fleet for the second time in the game (1918) with not one damaged ship - the Roon took a single hit and was sunk and DD1 took zero hits and was sunk . So, I went back to a save and tried again. This time there was a single surface battle with the German fleet taking two hits and the British one - the next screen had the TE controlling the North Atlantic without a single German ship there other then the seven transports.

Now, I must ask, can the 1.2.4 patch be uninstalled without reloading the entire game and losing my progress (I suppose I probably can save the game elsewhere then move it back, but still!).

< Message edited by lordhoff -- 10/17/2008 5:19:18 AM >

(in reply to Einbauschrank)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support >> Naval combat results are weirder in 1.24B3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI