Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1960's-era uniform request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> 1960's-era uniform request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1960's-era uniform request - 10/11/2008 6:03:18 PM   
Argyle1968

Hi. I'm very new to Maximum Football but have been excitedly constructing some hstorical (1968 NFL and AFL) and "classic" but not-so-historically-accurate leagues (an All American Football Conference loosely based on the real one but grounded in the 1960's as well as a semi-fictional 1960's Continental Football League based somewhat on the real one). I hope to upload some of the custom uniforms I've done somewhere soon.

I usually do my own uniforms but I've run into a bit of a "writer's block" with regard to a couple of my teams and I wonder if any of you might be able to give me some suggestions. The league is an 8-team fictional 1960's era "All-American Football Conference" (AAFC). The teams I have selected are as follows:

East

Boston Yanks (Braves Field) -- based on 1940's Yanks design
Buffalo Braves (War Memorial Stadium) -- dark red jerseys, dark yellow pants, white helmet with a red B inside Redskins-type circle/feather logo
New York Titans (Polo Grounds) -- actual 1960 AFL Titan uniform
Chicago Rockets (Comiskey Park) -- ???

West

Los Angeles Dons (LA Coliseum) -- based on actual uniform, medium light blue helmet with 'Dons' in white script
Dallas Texans (Cotton Bowl) -- actual 1960 AFL uniform
Milwaukee Maroons (County Stadium) -- ???
Indianapolis Capitols (Bush Stadium) -- actual Capitols ('Caps') Continental Football League helmet combined with a standard red/white jersey design of the era (striped sleeves)

The teams I need help with are the Chicago Rockets and the Milwaukee Maroons. I've pretty well settled on the nicknames but I'm open to ideas on those as well. The main thing is that I want to keep the nicknames and uniforms consistent with the then-predominant standards for uniforms--no outlandish color combos, aggressive or bold graphics, etc.

THe Rockets were an actual 1940's AAFC franchise but I don't know what their color scheme looked like. I've got a good graphic I want to use for the helmet--a streaking comet or meteor with the words "Chicago Rockets" training behind it. I'm just not sure of the colors.

As for the Milwaukee franchise, my concept here was something akin to the 'Browns' or the baseball 'Greys'. Nothing else seems to really work with the name 'Milwaukee'. The only problem is a logo concept.

I didn't know where else to turn for help with this--this forum seems to be the most active Maximum Football site on the web and I figured that if anybody would have a suggestion, it'd be someone here.

Thank you for any advice.

< Message edited by Argyle1968 -- 10/11/2008 6:07:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1960's-era uniform request - 10/11/2008 10:21:46 PM   
Mykal

Chicago Rockets

I'd go with Red & Black with white as a third colour (if needed)

Milwaukee Logo - I'd go with just a large capital M
or maybe 2 overlapping M's (one slightly higher than the other and over lapped)

(in reply to Argyle1968)
Post #: 2
RE: 1960's-era uniform request - 10/11/2008 11:57:49 PM   
DONMVP

i  saw a  small toy  on net  that was suppose to been rockets from 1945 . Looked like yellow helmet  red stripe , red  jersey with  yellow pants with red stripe on them .A while back i made it for  a 1940 league ,  but it take me a bit to  find it sorry to say . I made that  aafl with all teams . Found an old book had some of uni on  it so  just did best  i could to duplicate  . If you look up chicago rockets on net  i`ve seen a old program  with them in  white top .

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 3
RE: 1960's-era uniform request - 10/14/2008 12:32:28 AM   
Argyle1968

Thanks for the replies.

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> 1960's-era uniform request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI